• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Faravahar1200

Who Was the most Annoying boss for you in video games to defeat but in the end you enjoyed the fight

32 posts in this topic

As for me the most annoying boss to kill on Metal gear games was senator Armstrong he was an asshole After I destroyed his metal gear he just came out from it looking at me proudly like nothing happens to him and charged at me like rugby player and kicked my ass he even broke my cool samurai sword and it turns out his entire body it's cyborg and after his crazy speech I beat him in the end.

He was annoying boss to kill but I had so much fun  :lol:

Zeus in God of War 2. You have to parry Zeus' lighting bolts back at him because they are unavoidable and that gets annoying, fast. Thankfully I learned to parry like mad and wound up damn near slaying the King of Olympus (If you've never played GoW2 I won't spoil what happens, just know it sets up GoW3 nicely)!

Frozen_arow and Faravahar1200 like this

Unknown from Kingdom Hearts:BBS.  Has an attack that knocks all of your commands away and has an OHKO attack.  I feel like this battle is partially luck based every single time I fight him.

Faravahar1200 likes this

As for me the most annoying boss to kill on Metal gear games was senator Armstrong he was an asshole After I destroyed his metal gear he just came out from it looking at me proudly like nothing happens to him and charged at me like rugby player and kicked my ass he even broke my cool samurai sword and it turns out his entire body it's cyborg and after his crazy speech I beat him in the end.

He was annoying boss to kill but I had so much fun  :lol:

This for me too he was a complete asshat to fight especially on hardest but i managed it.  Oh FYI as far as i know he wasnt cyborg he was able to make nano machines or whatever they were called go to whichever part of his body was receiving damage.  The only really cyborg part he has was his heart.

Also the Sundowner fight was pretty tough with a dodgy analogue stick :P

Faravahar1200 likes this

Deus from Xenogears.

All others are irrelevant.

First of all, you have to fight him in your mechs. Since the strength of the mechs are tied to their equipment, their power has a cap. No amount of grinding can or will fix this. Any griding to the characters themselves has no meaning.

Add to that that he's not one boss, but five. There are four smaller bosses revolving around him. Now you can just charge for the main boss and ignore them, but then the boss will get you use the signature attack of each of those four in addition to his natural two attacks per turn.

These four attacks are:

Divine Storm: Steals 50 fuel from a mech.

Earthly Annointment: Deals heavy damage to all targets.

Unnamed healing ability.

Heavenly Annointment: Inflicts multiple statuses on all targets.

So he's attacking two targets once or one target twice, hitting all targets for massive damage, fuel steal limits your offensive capabilities, giving you statuses to heal from, and healing himself for enough that unless you're playing pure offense he'll erase all your hard work in two turns.

If you go for the four smaller bosses first, you'll be low on resources since you can't heal between fights. In fact, you'll be lucky if you have three mechs at full capacity. Not only that, but Deus himself will have reduced HP to the point that he will go into his berserk phase right from the start without giving you any time to set up. In most RPGs, the idea would be to get him as close to the Berserk stage as possible and try to wipe him out in a single turn from there so you never have to deal with all that bullcrap.

That is not an option. At all.

An entity truly befitting the name.

Riku it was an annoying fight but when I finally beat him it was awsome.

Faravahar1200 likes this

Ultimate Dracula in Castlevania Chronicle X. Aka Rondo of Blood ver.2

After you whip in his face as plain old Drac, you gotta show down with his infamous gargoyle dragon looking form ass. Usually, that'd be it. Is it? NOPE, NOT THIS TIME!

He shows you true power, and bleeds in a hellish reality with Earth's, and you fight him... As he rains killer blood on you, flying around with his killer blood cape, becoming a cloud of bats, or a lightning fast wolf monster, or has homing blood ball. Gotta dodge all this while having OLD school Castlevania controls, with the addition of a nice back flip, but that's only useful against his first form with the triple fire balls.

Suffice it to say, doin' too much.

Ever more so if you're poor Richter with his under powered ass. Maria can make short work of the first two forms, but good lord. Richter is a pain to play as to fight normal and dragon Dracula, let alone Ultimate. And you keep the same amount of HP you have since the start of the stage.

The only boss that was like him for me was... Dracula in Order of Ecclesia. 9999 hp. By the time you get to him, you can only deal like 100 something damage a hit. He can deal attacks that can halve your hp bar no problem. He was the definition of spam. Sends so much crap your way, you have to tank through hp potions and mp potions like a mother effer. However, like any of the annoying/tough boss, I felt great after dusting his ass using a cool spell. And not to mention the ending was a huge pay off. It was emotional );

Dominus kills the caster, so when you can use it in game, it kills, lol. Heads up.

And then you got Chaos from Dissidia. Don't even get me started on Desperado Chaos...

Although with all bosses, they become easy once you figure out their pattern and attacks.

Frozen_arow likes this

The first fight against Vergil in Devil May Cry 3, i'm not the best at action games so the game was kinda kicking by butt up until that point. But even while i was getting my ass handed to me repeatedly i was enjoying the fight, 

Faravahar1200 likes this

Anything in Dark Souls 2. I mean I can slice through some random enemies on the way there, but jesus navas batman, I get to the boss and he flies into the sky and slices me in half.

Faravahar1200 likes this

Annoying, yet enjoyable? That's a tall order to hit upon there. 

Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors, probably the key one being the third game. He strikes down people in single hits, he causes army morale to drop, and the required tactic is to run very far away from him. True, he's not the most difficult, but imagine a stubborn kid trying to take down this behemoth of a character who can ignore hit-stuns, ignore normal boundaries of character stats, who can take every hit of yours like a champ and leave you floored. You had to beat him, not because it was required, but it was the only way to keep your gaming honor. Plus, finally landing that killing blow on him made you feel like the true champion of the Three Kingdoms. 

Null and Faravahar1200 like this

Annoying, yet enjoyable? That's a tall order to hit upon there. 

Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors, probably the key one being the third game. He strikes down people in single hits, he causes army morale to drop, and the required tactic is to run very far away from him. True, he's not the most difficult, but imagine a stubborn kid trying to take down this behemoth of a character who can ignore hit-stuns, ignore normal boundaries of character stats, who can take every hit of yours like a champ and leave you floored. You had to beat him, not because it was required, but it was the only way to keep your gaming honor. Plus, finally landing that killing blow on him made you feel like the true champion of the Three Kingdoms. 

Shuda51 and Faravahar1200 like this

Got a few battles that come to mind.

Dark Souls - Goat Demon (Capra Demon, thanks argetlam350) - Lower Undead Burg.

Still a somewhat early location in the game so first time around players might be feeling confident down there (I was at least, good thing that feeling leaves for caution), then this guy comes swinging with two swords the size of cows. Now, being so focused on this guy, you don't notice his two little dog friends that come speeding in from behind him. All 3 of them in a small area with hardly any breathing room makes it a pain. So satisfying to kill him like any boss in Dark Souls, but this one just sticks out to me.

Final Fantasy X - Seymour - EVERYWHERE.

If anyone ever mentioned any of the bosses from FFX, this guy probably got a few mentions (most likely with all sorts of profanity and unpleasent thoughts.) Every time you kill him you think "Finally! I'll never have to see his smug face ever again!" and then down the line he appears. Again. And again. And AGAIN. So of course, being an RPG, he gets stronger and stronger and SO MUCH MORE ANNOYING! Watching him die just brings so much joy to the heart it's scary. Maybe I should talk to someone about that? Bah, whatever.

Ace Combat 6 : Fires of Liberation - Strigon Squadron Leader Petrovic? (Can't remember his name, but that's not important.) - Liberation of Gracemeria Level

Just because I can't remember his name, doesn't mean anything. This guy was/is a pain to fight. His plane seems to be able to bend every rule in flying planes and not just because his is all fancy. I can hardly keep track of the guy what with his stealth going in and out, then he comes flying out of nowhere shooting at me. Not to mention the hundreds of drones flying about trying to kill you. Finally taking him down ends somewhat bittersweet, but it was a well fought battle.

That's all that comes to the immediate mind in any case.

Edit - Any more I think of I'll put down here.

Honorable Mentions

-Hazama/Terumi from BlazBlue CS. 

-CyberDemon from DOOM Series

-Ganondorf/Ganon from Legend of Zelda Series

cmdragon and Faravahar1200 like this

I don't know if this will count but Legendary Pokemon encounter's can be really annoying but fun!...If you catch the legendary! In all seriousness, today I was able to catch the Swords of Justice in Pokemon White (Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion) but not without a lot of headache! Cobalion took 2-3 restarts to get and went through a dozen or so Dusk balls and got caught after a few Timer Balls, Virizion took a 2 rounder to get and was constantly pissing me off with Giga Drain, and surprisingly enough Terrakion, the one with the highest attack stat, wound up being the easiest and took 1 go and only required maybe 4-6 dusk balls to catch! Honestly, catching these guys is the biggest satisfaction I could ever achieve with the game so far and it'll only be better once I obtain Zekrom and/or Kyurem!

I would vote the second Riku battle in the first Kingdom Hearts where Donald and Goofy are prevented from aiding you in battle. I was a less a competent gamer then and I was a lower level than I needed to be for the battle which made it even more troublesome.

Worse was having to watch the cutscene before each attempt I made to overcome this particular boss battle. This was the type game also that prevented the player from skipping said cutscenes. When I finally overcame Riku I had memorized both his attack patterns and the full dialouge of the preceeding cinematic.

Can't say I can name any since I never enjoyed fighting any annoying bosses. If it's just plain annoying, then those cheap fighting game final bosses, the ones who are practically cheating and breaking game mechanics.

Hell, Grigori from Dragon's Dogma, I felt dreadfully annoyed being almost 20 levels too low, and not being able to get back, one of my all time favourite boss fights though.

And Oreyn I totally agree on the Goat demon thingy, I must have walked in there 6 times and died. :'(

most annoying hands down is fighting sephiroth in the first kingdom hearts game. even at max level with the best weapons and items he could kill you in one or two hits and there wasnt much of a pay off for beating him (that i can remember) other than bragging rights

Frozen_arow likes this

Hell, Grigori from Dragon's Dogma, I felt dreadfully annoyed being almost 20 levels too low, and not being able to get back, one of my all time favourite boss fights though.

And Oreyn I totally agree on the Goat demon thingy, I must have walked in there 6 times and died. :'(

How about Ur Dragon? Or all those fuckers on Bitter Black Isle?

cmdragon likes this

It's called Capra Demon, in Dark Souls. Just giving the name.

Anyways I would have to go with:

Riku boss in Kingdom Hearts when you fight him the second time without Donald or Goofy. If you aren't the right level or not prepared it's a pain yet I still love the fight.

Sanctuary Guardian- From Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition or if on consoles the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. Now some people find him easy, I find him annoying solely because no matter what range I am at from the boss he flies around way to damn much that I can't get a hit in yet the boss design itself is quite awesome.

Maneaters- Boss fight from Demon's Souls. I like the fight but again with the Sanctuary Guardian above they fly to damn much whenever I seem to fight them, it drags the fight out for so long.

Giant Lord- Yes a boss fight from a recent game, Dark Souls 2. The boss design is pretty cool and I like the giants in this game, shows that the giants in Lordran in Dark Souls merely were one race of giants. Yet this boss fight suffers from a poorily designed boss area that requires you to run through fireballs, past two normal giants which can destroy you nearly in one hit, and a rolling statue head to get to the boss itself which because of this narrow boss area, doesn't provide much for tactics besides getting under his feet. I like the boss design and it can have intense moments but that area design. The guy who designed it should be fired because it's just awful.

Man, I have a few. Most recent one ha to be Vendrick from Dark Souls 2. That guy killed me about 30 or 40 times, it would of helped if I had all 5 giant souls but I thought I was a badass with just 3. Runner ups would be senator Armstrong from MGR and Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts one, I beat that guy under the required level you needed by like 10, lol

How about Ur Dragon? Or all those fuckers on Bitter Black Isle?

Those too. ;'(, but Grigori was hands down my favourite because he was (excuse my language) a total badass.

Faravahar1200 likes this

Biolizard in SA2

Took me months to beat him, and then I beat Final Hazard on the first try :P 

King K. Rool (DK64)

I hated have to play through the stupid DK arcade game to get to him though. That fight took me weeks to beat, it was just so annoying.  lose once and you have to start from the begging.

Got a few ones:

Maleficent (Kingdom Hearts): All I can say is what a bitch to beat! Man, she throws comets at you and turned into a dragon, it was like no matter how hard you hit her, she would just not go down! Bloody good fun to play though.

Seymour (Final Fantasy 10): Another one who was so bloody annoying, that when I finally killed him in the last battle, I did a dance around my room!

Wesker (Resident Evil 5): Now despite this game having zero scares, my housemate and I enjoyed it for the main game co-op but my god! The battles with Wesker were long, hard, and drawn out over multiple stages. When we finally RPG'ed his ass into the lava I literally screamed "DIE YOU C***!" - never have I been more happy with a boss victory.

Titan (Extreme - Final Fantasy 14): Had a crack on this on my friends account the other day - "Hey Cap, try this!" he said... and I got owned big time! Did not beat him but the challenge was a hell of a lot of fun.