• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Weynard

AJSA Organisation pre-release planning

45 posts in this topic

The upcoming dogfighting module will be a simulation.  They will be using Hornets in the first iteration, even if we don't have one.  All that goes on there has nothing to do with your ships... they're safe and sound... until PU goes live.

I don't have the link ready, but CR mentioned that in DFM 1.0, you will be able to invite friends via codes that grant them access to your game lobby. Following launch, DFM will truly become "Arena Commander". AC is a simulation system in the SC universe designed to train pilots, so DFM games will still be possible after Launch. Think of it as a game within a game. CR also hinted at ESL/competitive options for AC.

I like how we're planning the structure of the group ahead of time. These are some of my ramblings on OPs post

Structure 1 and 4

Will one player be locked into a role? Will he or she be able to move freely between roles?

This structure has the potential to be very limiting in terms of how we can participate. Right now I have a Constellation. It's good for trading, smuggling, maybe support. I can't imagine it would be good for front-line assaults or mining, but maybe. Now, let's say I get another ship (probably bound to happen), and let's say it's a regular fighter. Will we be able to have multiple ships in multiple roles, or will each person have an expected role their ships are going to play? You know, so one day if we need more fighters and another day we need more traders, we can be flexible about it. Plus, we'll get tired of doing the same character all the time. This would be very good if we wanted to have a static number of a certain type of ships ready to deploy at a moment's notice, but would require all members to be willing to forgo "what I wanna do" for "what Joe needs me for". Like an autocracy.

Structure 2 

I like the idea of starting newbies off in a fleet until they pick a role. I think regardless of which structure is picked, having a "newbie group" is a good idea. That way they are in no way under pressure for anything. We are a hardcore organization, but there should be some acclimation time allowed. 

Having a dedicated commerce fleet is going to be good, though we would need more information/guidelines on how we could utilize it. 

• Will there be a fleet bank? (Angry National Bank of Joe)
  • How would the money be spent or distributed? 
  • Do we have the ability to take out loans?
  • Do players who engage in commerce for AJSA get to keep a percentage "cut" as incentive?
  • Commission system?
  • etc...

I guess this applies to every possible fleet structure, but since you specifically mentioned Fleet 4 being for commerce, I thought it prudent to bring it up. We should talk more about how this would work.

Structure 3

This is a lot like Structure 1, only you have more freedom to choose your role. Actually, it kind of makes my entire post about Structure 1 pointless... Because it's the most flexible (at least to me it looks like it), If anything, this would be an easy way to start the fleet. Then, after time evaluating the structure in real-time, we could figure out if there's a better way to do it. 

---

So I guess in conclusion...I vote for the easiest structure first, and then worry about reordering later if there is a need. 
Crowley likes this

I really do like the way we are approaching this, it's seems to be a very nature way without a dictation.

I do like structure 3 the most as it allows me to form an elite wing with other members with a similar interest,whilst also helping out with the tasks that provide us with the cash e.g. transportation of a large quantity of element xyz

Weynard likes this

Love what you did! Definitely taking things to a respectable level - and with an open mind.  :)

I'm definitely determined to set up an elite wing, going to start looking once arena commander is good to go. if we start to get serious in the game, then you can guarantee there will be people who have a conflict of interest.

Conflict of interest? Do you mean multiple preferences occurring in the same player? All structures allow you to do whatever, they're mainly there for two reasons:

a) Planning and Organisation, as in, seeing what our players like most and which focus we need to be setting

B) Flavour (since we are, in the end, organised like a military dictatorship under Joe)

Lol I meant no matter what side of the law we are on, if we are turning a profit then you can guarantee that other corps will be trying to take that away from us.

I would say it depends on the kind of players are going in to the structure which would decide which to choose.

If most players will stick to they're role, surely #2 would be great. Thou, if more players are on the casual play #1 would be easier to manage.

I would say, start off with structure #1, see how people play and work together. From there evolve to adding, subtracting, merging, splitting groups as we need.

Though i would like to consider that all people have 2 roles set, as probably influx of players supporting each group will jump up and down. Also gives much more flexibility when Guild Wars or "special" cases come up.

nice, i just checked the 3 biggest fleet: the ELP, those guys have almost 120 members, we got 135.

Anyhow, i like the ideas OP! but i'm just a regular joe. I don't think i got a saying in this.

nice, i just checked the 3 biggest fleet: the ELP, those guys have almost 120 members, we got 135.

Anyhow, i like the ideas OP! but i'm just a regular joe. I don't think i got a saying in this.

Actually, you do. This thread is to prevent complaints further down the line. You could call it a case of "Speak now or forever hold your peace", but if our collective plans turn out to be inadequate, expect us to listen to your suggestions later on, as well.

Bacus likes this

Will there be, or is there any sort of manifesto for the organization where we can read up on so we know where AJSA is headed? It will be useful too, so every individual can find it easier to niche themselves into the fleet. For example: I am leaning towards recon flying, surveying, scouting, that sort of stuff. What battalions are there, how will the players be divided, how will we be able to balance the fleet out with accordance to timezones, etc etc. Ofc its too early to divide the whole fleet up now, but a simple wireframe spec would be great to have, not just for armed forces but also for the economic structure.

EDIT: I didnt see Weynard's link further down on page 1 with the spreadsheet until now. Great work. I would have revised my former statement in this post, but I think it is a good example of how lost a newcomer can be. It would be great if at some point we could get some guide or PDF pamphlet put together for newbies so they can get a quick grasp of the Org's goals, structure, required software for operations (teamspeak?) and how and where they should proceed to get going in the Org, for example who they should report to, and how to contact them. These forum posts wont cut it for many ppl down the line since most posts are many months old in a period where we didnt yet know how the PU will work.

Ofc, I thought of this because I am a graphic designer and if this is something AJSA would consider I would gladly help out creating the art for it.

I think Structure 2 is the best one because in the end this is a game. And in this game, ppl will have tendencies to change roles from time to time. I do not doubt the most dedicated will do an amazing job, but if you lock 100% of the fleet into a role, alot of them will feel forced and eventually quit. I think its a great idea for flexibility in roles. That way I can be a miner and when I am needed I can jump into my hornet and join whatever operation I am requested for.

Thanks for your offer Drizz, I'm sure we'll be happy to accept your offer when the time comes to compile a final writeup. Sadly, no significant changes can be made to the status quo due to Morts dissappearance.

After careful reading, I'm going to have to go with Structure 2 as well. It is diversified and setup perfectly for how big our Organisation will be in my opinion. Plus with the higher ranked roles it feels like people have something to strive for and are rewarded for hard work with their promotions. 

Weynard likes this

I also like structure two. Best freedom-organized military ratio. And even if you are in the mining unit you could still join skirmishes if you wanted to jump in your fighter right? I dont plan on doing only one thing.. but I naturally will have a focus.

And I love all the rank ideas. Its not only fun having/earning ranks but it can really help keep the org organized when people who deserve their ranks know how to use them.

Weynard likes this

quick question what about us that not only have more then one ship but more then one intrest Iv got a LN, hornet and a connie Im looking to be able to assist the org not only in combat runs but commerce as well will people be aloud to work withing more then one cmd chain?

You'd select your main branch (the one that appeals to you the most.) The point is that, in big fleet fights, we know where to put you to best suit your play style. As long as there are no events running, you're free to do whatever you please, but it's advised you play with your unit a lot to get to know the guys. TO answer your question, no, you cannot formally work within multiple chains of command, but while you're off duty, you can help out anywhere.

alright thanks for clearing that up for me Il probly be doing combat more then anything els but Im also intaresed in exploration and traid 

I like structure two, break it down into a few fleets and have the option to do your own thing and when we do a big op then we come together as an armada!

Legion of Nerds likes this

I would agree with option 2, Being able to see who generally focuses on what field will help when we have to pull everyone in and assign roles for large expeditions. Beyond that they will be doing what they want as long as we are meeting quotas and objectives.

Each leader of a fleet will need at least one or two assistants just keeping track of the flow of goods plus it will let us keep an eye on those military types with their constant expensive demands >_>   Can't afford to overextend or the military branches wont be able to gather skulls for the Joe throne.