• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BoB Dolen

Upcoming Craglorn patch notes.

19 posts in this topic

On the plus side they are increasing the experience you recieve for killing enemy players as well as the quest to kill enemy players!

I saw them the other day, 1.1 goes on the PTS soon I think (if not already) so it won't be long till it's on the public server. I'm very happy to see these bug changes and what not, with one exception which is making the Cyrodiil dungeon enemies veteran level, which will fuck me over entirely. But other than that, everything looks great.

As for the OPs complaint about zerging, isn't that realistic though? And I don't see how they could ever make any other method more rewarding but actually feasible. I'll just be glad that a couple of Vet 10's won't be able to completely scatter a zerg anymore (hopefully).

As for the OPs complaint about zerging, isn't that realistic though? And I don't see how they could ever make any other method more rewarding but actually feasible. I'll just be glad that a couple of Vet 10's won't be able to completely scatter a zerg anymore (hopefully).

Zerg balling it going to cause the same issues it has in other MMOs when it comes to RvR and just push away many players, already have many in my 2 PvP guilds dropping out.

Really its just another thing on top of other things hurts the PvP

illutian likes this

Zerg balling it going to cause the same issues it has in other MMOs when it comes to RvR and just push away many players, already have many in my 2 PvP guilds dropping out.

Have you ever tried ambushing? Like in a small group? It's very rewarding and a tonne of fun with the right people. And if done right it can disrupt a zerg long enough for others to reinforce the keep.

For example, take a small group maybe 5-10 and place them between a keep that's under attack and the keep enemy reinforcements are coming from. Hit and run tactics on this supply line are extremely effective, I do it all the time with my own guild.

Have you ever tried ambushing? Like in a small group? It's very rewarding and a tonne of fun with the right people. And if done right it can disrupt a zerg long enough for others to reinforce the keep.

For example, take a small group maybe 5-10 and place them between a keep that's under attack and the keep enemy reinforcements are coming from. Hit and run tactics on this supply line are extremely effective, I do it all the time with my own guild.

I've done ambushing, PRX is not some newbie PvP guild. With the cap change to 6 people it won't be all that effective anymore since they can just waltz right through choke points/AoE

Like I said just another thing on the list of weak points that ESO PvP has that is just already getting to PvP guilds. More so since this AoE cap change is heavily disliked by the player base of ESO, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1

I dont see  how zerging while having the smaller groups go around for tactical hits makes pvp weak.

Not EVERYONE is going to zerg, it'd be pointless.

I dont see  how zerging while having the smaller groups go around for tactical hits makes pvp weak.

Not EVERYONE is going to zerg, it'd be pointless.

Pugs always zerg and when zerging is shown to be more effective the same will be done (GW2). Along with the fact it make choke points far less useful.

"More effective" does not equal more fun. This is a game at the end of the day, you're there to have fun. I enjoy being in a smaller group than a huge zerg.

Imperfect yes, broken no.

I thought 'highly exploitive' was broken. :o

I thought 'highly exploitive' was broken. :o

By that logic every game ever is broken. Every game has it's exploits, ones in MMOs are just more prevalent.

manny254 likes this

By that logic every game ever is broken. Every game has it's exploits, ones in MMOs are just more prevalent.

I fail to see how that wouldn't be the case. Any game with an exploit is a broken game in my eyes. Afterall, the definition of 'broken' is/can be "not functioning properly; out of working order."

I fail to see how that wouldn't be the case. Any game with an exploit is a broken game in my eyes. Afterall, the definition of 'broken' is/can be "not functioning properly; out of working order."

That's the definition of broken, not exploitation. When you try to achieve something through an alternate route that was not intended and could not be foreseen at the time, that is exploitative.Case in point: sticking your hand up through a vending machine drop slot, that's exploiting a flaw. The game is flawed in some ways yes, but not broken at all. You have to remember, game developers are only human, like you (I hope) and I. They've already been putting in a lot of effort to stop these exploits. I don't see how a few unfair exploits (that not many are aware of) makes the game broken. I've known these exist for sometime but I've never done any of them, and I know many others who also refuse to take the easy way.

Also "highly exploitative" isn't what I would attribute to it's current state. The only real exploits are dungeon boss farming and PvP vampire's who are a bit op atm. Nothing that effects anyone's normal play through.

For me, an exploit means the code in the game is broken; ergo, the game itself is broken. The more exploitive the code is, the more broken the game will be.

My logic behind this is. "Broken" is used to describe something physical. Take a vase, if I crack it, we all agree it's broken. Because it's current state of being is not the intended state.

But with a video game, there is nothing physical to hold. The world created in the game is still an illusion. The only truly "physical" aspect of the game would be the code that creates everything.

---

As for the game not being highly exploitive...

There's the exploit for farming motifs; haven't heard if that was patched

There's the duping exploit; finally patched, but was in the game since beta

Pseudo-exploit of farming the scout mission; not patched. Because the Scout mission will prioritize enemy owned resources. All the enemy does is capture one of the resource nodes to a keep that the Dominion can teleport to and from...now you just farm it.

*I consider this not entirely an exploit, because it's using the game mechanic; just in an unforeseen (lol dumbass Devs) way. But doesn't use a glitch to truly classify it as an exploit.

Broken is an end-term definition, it doesn't have multiple stages. If you describe something as Broken then it's entire functionality is brought into question. If only a few things are wrong, say a chip in the vase from your example, then it is damaged not entirely broken. Something being "more broken" makes no sense, either it is completely broken or it isn't and merely damaged. The game is damaged, no doubt about it, but I can still play it as it was intended and have a lot of fun with it, so therefore it is not broken.

I don't know if you've ever written any gaming code or any game development but it can be a pain in the ass, many things can be overlooked (again they're only human) and it can take time to fix them because often if you try to fix something in any game you're likely to break something else, this is why bug fixes can take some time, they need to iron out all the details and make sure the patch won't come back to haunt them.

You have your game code set and its running smooth.  Some players later find a few bugs, and submit them.  You look at the submitted information and traverse your coding ( more then likely the people ending up to FIX the coding for the bugs are NOT the original creator of said Code) to find said bug.  As you extract the coding and run the base engine to see if what you intend will either fix  it or entirely FUCK it up.

You get a working " Fix " for said bug, and submit it to the trial runners your company uses to test bug fixes or load onto the PTS to see if it works.  Hot Damn, you fixed it!     Two days later more Bug reports come in saying  " XXXXXX quest is bugged "  and you realize its either close to or near the code you just worked on.

You see, what happens a lot in code work is that after a while people tend to get a tad bit worn out or hell even lazy and put code in that is DEPENDENT on a previous string of code, THEREFORE!!!!!  if someone comes along later and does a Fix for something it can ROYALLY FUCK UP a whole section of code without the Fixer ever knowing the first Coder was a asshole who got lazy.

THAT is why bug fixing takes a while.

Broken is an end-term definition, it doesn't have multiple stages. If you describe something as Broken then it's entire functionality is brought into question. If only a few things are wrong, say a chip in the vase from your example, then it is damaged not entirely broken. Something being "more broken" makes no sense, either it is completely broken or it isn't and merely damaged. The game is damaged, no doubt about it, but I can still play it as it was intended and have a lot of fun with it, so therefore it is not broken.

I don't know if you've ever written any gaming code or any game development but it can be a pain in the ass, many things can be overlooked (again they're only human) and it can take time to fix them because often if you try to fix something in any game you're likely to break something else, this is why bug fixes can take some time, they need to iron out all the details and make sure the patch won't come back to haunt them.

Using the word 'damaged' inclines people to ask what makes something damaged. More so than saying it's 'broken'. ...so I opt for the term that requires me to interact the least amount on the subject for which I was asked

(( I think it backfired here xD ))

And, actually...I did take programming class (C++, Java, ActionScript 2.0). :D

...and I always made sure to have multiple error catches. Wasn't very fancy coding, but at least it never broke or could be exploited (ie entering numbers where letters were required). Including "if NULL", "then [variable] = 0" type lines because I alway made code blocks that would then be fitted together, so if a block wasn't called up (commented out / failed to load) the main code would still complete it's run.

You have your game code set and its running smooth.  Some players later find a few bugs, and submit them.  You look at the submitted information and traverse your coding ( more then likely the people ending up to FIX the coding for the bugs are NOT the original creator of said Code) to find said bug.  As you extract the coding and run the base engine to see if what you intend will either fix  it or entirely FUCK it up.

You get a working " Fix " for said bug, and submit it to the trial runners your company uses to test bug fixes or load onto the PTS to see if it works.  Hot Damn, you fixed it!     Two days later more Bug reports come in saying  " XXXXXX quest is bugged "  and you realize its either close to or near the code you just worked on.

You see, what happens a lot in code work is that after a while people tend to get a tad bit worn out or hell even lazy and put code in that is DEPENDENT on a previous string of code, THEREFORE!!!!!  if someone comes along later and does a Fix for something it can ROYALLY FUCK UP a whole section of code without the Fixer ever knowing the first Coder was a asshole who got lazy.

THAT is why bug fixing takes a while.

I know why bug fixes take so long. However, this is zero excuse for allowing a known exploit to go live. If it was discovered during 'Live', then yes, that can be excused...partially; anything that interacts with items needs to be triple checked to insure no exploitation can occur, because it can kill the game on arrival and your team could suffer....downsizing.

The farming Motifs...is just plane stupidity...rofl, using the client to decide if items should be visible to a player...and 'reseeding' that "Is Visible" list every login.

I can let the compass issue slide because it wasn't a common bug even in Skyrim.