• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

What are your thoughts on the upcoming game "Evolve"?

Evolve   23 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings on Evolve?

• Definite play for me
    • Maybe
    • Not my cup of tea

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

I just watched this match play for this game. I have to say this definitely interests me. Beast vs hunters. Curious to know what everyone else thinks of this. I can say I'm hoping for the best from it.

If I can get the friends assembled and the price is right, then maybe.

Interesting.

However, I'm more curious on the price tag.

From what I saw of the price its $59.99 for PC, Xbone, and PS4.

Yeah its a triple A title so its going to be 60 dollars without question. I wanna see more hunters and monsters i know its early but we seen have the same 4 hunters and the Goliath over and over again. Im hoping they have different monsters for different terrains like a flying monster or aquatic monster or one that can jump through trees. OMG the possibilities are endless this game is going to ROCK or its going to get really repetitive really quickly.

I would enjoy the challenge of being goliath. Just taking out the other 4 on your lonesome. I can see myself failing many times before I get it right.

I put maybe as I'm very interested and will *probably* get it, but not completely sold yet. I'll see what they show at E3.

Not sure about it. From what I can tell, it is going to get boring after a while, like titanfall. The beast needs unique evolutions on each playthrough (or at least ways to get different evolutions, like wings)

Yeah its a triple A title so its going to be 60 dollars without question. I wanna see more hunters and monsters i know its early but we seen have the same 4 hunters and the Goliath over and over again. Im hoping they have different monsters for different terrains like a flying monster or aquatic monster or one that can jump through trees. OMG the possibilities are endless this game is going to ROCK or its going to get really repetitive really quickly.

That would be fitting to have more creatures to use. I mean if you have just the one everyone does know what to expect as far as abilities. I think it would be nice to up the challenge as well. If they worked it in a way you would have to deal with two creatures and both of them have different abilities. You have a lot to watch out for. I do like how the terrain itself can be a danger to you aside from the opposing forces.

I put maybe as I'm very interested and will *probably* get it, but not completely sold yet. I'll see what they show at E3.

I can say I definitely want to play it, but not in the "as soon as it hot off the press" type of way. I would see how it does during the release. What issues it has, if anything else has been added to it. If its so/so I would just grab it when its on sale. But I can say I have known games that were crappy, but the multi-player aspect redeems it. Which is quite an oddity. Perhaps they'll put more into it perhaps not. We'll definitely see.

this should answer everyones questions...

Thanks. It does clear up the thoughts that have been posted.

Ehh, if it has an actual campaign story and not the tact on crap Titanfall had then yeah. I'm worried as to weather or not it's going to be just on game mode, same classes, ect. If this game has a solid story and some different classes or ways to shift up classes with different load outs, and a number of coll and large maps; than yeah I'd get it.

Ehh, if it has an actual campaign story and not the tact on crap Titanfall had then yeah. I'm worried as to weather or not it's going to be just on game mode, same classes, ect. If this game has a solid story and some different classes or ways to shift up classes with different load outs, and a number of coll and large maps; than yeah I'd get it.

I don't recall hearing anything about a campaign from what I've seen and heard of it thus far. I can agree about the maps. If there isn't a campaign then there should definitely be more content to compensate for the lack. Going by how it is, we'll all just have to wait to see what else there is to it.

Having read extensively on this game I am personally looking forward to this. I tried to get in on the "send 5 fans to PaxEast" promotion, but got a email saying I had not won. The title header on the email nearly had me until I read what was inside. Talk about a roller coaster of excitement and then a crushing defeat haha. 

If you are looking for quick facts about the game check out my video below for information on Evolve.

I wish the monster was first person.

I wish the monster was first person.

I do get why it isn't though. You need the third person to better use your abilities.

if they add more maps then maybe i would buy it

I can see thus far for most more information will be needed before a decision becomes a yay or nay. There is the matter of what we don't know. We know there are going to be other creatures but not of how many and what their abilities will be, the matter of more indepth detail regarding the custom layouts of the hunters, and as mentioned in the previous post the matter of maps; Are they going to have different locations and would these locations produce other types of wild life to watch out for along with environmental dangers.

It's under my radar for sure. Evolve seems to have the (first) "Left 4 Dead feeling" since I like the first L4D game than the second one. 

From all the videos I really believe having third person for the monster gives an added edge to playing. Increases your vision around corners etc. 

From all the videos I really believe having third person for the monster gives an added edge to playing. Increases your vision around corners etc. 

Its definitely needed when you have 4 vs 1.

Found out through an article why third person. Article here.

"In first person, the monster player could never tell when they had a harpoon in the back and where damage was coming from. It made for a pretty frustrating experience." One major issue is the size of the character: when you're that big, even moving fast feels like you're trudging through molasses. "Moving to third person for the monsters fixed these problems," Robb said. "And, as a bonus, allows us to see the awesome monster models the team spent so much time creating."