• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Gronth

Im out.

30 posts in this topic

Im leaving AJSA. Probably permanently.

I grew tired of this community, and few people who are in charge. I grew tired of ignoring users complaints and suggestions, i grew tired of editing and closing threads that matter to people by mods here. This is not a "community" its a fanboy club. Its either "be happy or be gone" type of forum here, so im gone. i probably still will watch AJS, but be sure, that i wont recomend this site to anyone anymore. There is no healthy relation between users and mods here, if you want discuss something they dont like they will either ignore you, or will try to threaten you with bans or warns. Evey big decission here is taken behind your backs, and you dont have any influence on this site, like changing the forum threadboards, locking the news forum for users (which is now dead because of that), or changing the main forum rules behind closed doors. OH, of course beside the fact that you may pay some money. AJSA evolved to something some of us tried to "fight" few months ago. If you will try to discuss something, you will read same answers over and over again, to the point you will not want to do it anymore. 

As i said, there is no place for your thoughts here. Be happy, or get out. So im out. 

I'm very sorry to hear that Gronth. I personally think it's just difficult to run a forum while running a regular Youtube show; so many big names like Totalbiscuit and Boogie2988 have sort of shut themselves off from their fanbases due to the stress of managing them and I'd hate to see Joe do the same from the stress.

I can only imagine the difficulties of running a Smite clan and so on... but I can sympathies with feeling ignored or ostracized; I can't claim to know all the details of what led up to you wanting to leave the AJSA on bad terms, but I can say that maybe the feelings of betrayal you have are from a lack of proper communication with leadership. More transparency would be nice from the higher-ups, but I think the changes to the forum and clan set-ups we've seen are from the AJSA trying to become more structured and organized as a result of it growing. I think there have been some miss-steps here and there, but I like to think that's due to inexperience and not malice.

I hope that you decide to stick around for the community aspect and I hope that I don't come across as a fan-boy.

If I gave a fuck about every single thing going on in this forums, I'd require a psychiatrist's help. Honestly, I don't really see a problem with anyone or anything here, unless you're actively trying to find a problem. That said, I also usually don't give a fuck about what anyone tells me, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

This is what I did when I first read this. 

tumblr_m4wqihRaB41rqfhi2o1_500.gif

But I'm still going to comment anyway and probably get myself in trouble.

Let me tell you something, the AJSA isn't just a place where you come to talk about video games. It's a place where you come to PLAY video games. I didn't join the AJSA with the intent of just sitting around and talking about how fun it would be to play with other people, I joined because I knew that this was the place to go to meet other people to play some games with. I've seen this type of armchair psychology close to a thousand time. Everybody knows how to captain a ship before they get behind the helm. This is a pretty big community run by just a handful of people, a big handful mind you but I digress. These mods and admins get harassed by posts like this and others that they have to make a decision on how to deal with it. And on top of that, they most likely get harassed by the regular people, people like you and me, with personal messages asking the stupidest questions. I don't even want to imagine some of the questions that they read everyday. And on top of that running this awesome community must take a serious toll. You ever hear the phrase "You reap what you sow."? This is a great website and an incredible community, but I can only imagine the hours and money it took just to get this whole thing operational. Am I going to say that everything you're saying is false? No, because I have seen a few examples of what you're talking about. But instead of only looking at those things, why don't you start looking at all of the other awesome things? I see so much whining and complaining, but hardly any gratefulness. And that must take a toll on the mods and admins as well. I'm not saying that this site is perfect, no site is though. But instead of criticizing the mods and admins, why don't you first try looking at things from their perspective? Just a thought.

Verethragna and Emphase like this

This is not a "community" its a fanboy club. Its either "be happy or be gone" type of forum here, 

I felt the same way, time and time again. But, there are vast majority of users here who seem to make my thinking wrong. Yes, there are die-hard fanboys of angryjoe lurking in these forums, ready to pounce at the slightest insult/ question about angry joe. But, there are always many of these types of people on many forums, like make a thread saying "valve sucks" and you will understand and see it first hand. Now while things take forever to get made, like us Ajsa Devs are still trying to pick which game to make...and talking about other issues too. But, the community is better than most places, like youtube or 4chan, but it is on pair with facebook and cruchyroll...ok not so much crunchyroll. But still, you get the point. But I do have to agree, if people continually bombard the forums with statements making it seem like to everyone that this is a forum for 'diehard angryjoe fanboys forums' rather than a operational gaming guild then yes I will leave too

I can see your point on posts and threads being edited or locked all together by mods. I was off the forums for a couple months and came back to see some startling differences. I couldn't understand why News was shut off, maybe I just missed something that made this necessary. I've noticed that certain threads get locked based on the reasoning of "this could be gaming related but I'm locking it anyway." I also kind of understand your point about being told not to discuss topics. I've seen quite a few threads where a mod has outright told people not to discuss a valid topic with no reasoning other than they don't want to see it discussed. Having said all this I still find enjoyment in discussing things with forum members and to me at least, the good still out weighs the bad for now.

You probably won't come back to read any of this Gronth but I hear and understand some of your concerns. I wish you luck in the future.

If mods are doing that then it's abuse and why don't people submit a complaint about that mod? And as far as suggestions not being considered or heard that is kind of a turn off for loyal members who want to better the site. Sucks to see you go man even though I didn't know you, farewell and hope to see you return.

Kind Regards,

Tsukyomi

I grew tired of this community, and few people who are in charge. I grew tired of ignoring users complaints and suggestions, i grew tired of editing and closing threads that matter to people by mods here. This is not a "community" its a fanboy club. Its either "be happy or be gone" type of forum here, so im gone. i probably still will watch AJS, but be sure, that i wont recomend this site to anyone anymore. There is no healthy relation between users and mods here, if you want discuss something they dont like they will either ignore you, or will try to threaten you with bans or warns. Evey big decission here is taken behind your backs, and you dont have any influence on this site, like changing the forum threadboards, locking the news forum for users (which is now dead because of that), or changing the main forum rules behind closed doors. OH, of course beside the fact that you may pay some money. AJSA evolved to something some of us tried to "fight" few months ago. If you will try to discuss something, you will read same answers over and over again, to the point you will not want to do it anymore. 

As i said, there is no place for your thoughts here. Be happy, or get out. So im out. 

Mate, mods mostly close threads if they are in violation of AJSA CoC like political threads which are NOT allowed, not because that's how we like it, but because this is a GAMING community. Involve politics here and things get out of control, I talk from experience because in a previous clan, we lost 3 members because of politics being involved in a gaming community...it's just not a good combo. Political threads or any kind of threads that just go out off topic or towards flaming get closed, that's how it goes, we don't close them because we feel like it, we close them either if they are in violation of CoC, are about to get out off control (off topic or flame) or political threads. Also if a thread has already been discussed, it gets closed. Try to remember that this is a huge community managed by a handful of people: mods/commanders/officers and they can't hold hands and treat every single member individually and satisfy everyone on individual level. Everyone does their best to keep this community going as best as possible, but if it doesn't suit someone how things are run here then we can't really help it that much.

People ask for games to be official all the time and expect it just to happen and fall out of sky, but try to remember that when someone requests a new game or wants something added, that it takes extra man power and lots of money to be put into it, it's not just about adding another forum for that game, same with other things. We know everyone would like something to be added here or removed or changed and I'm sure higher ups are aware of that and try to make all that happen, but it's not as easy as it might sound. Why would moderators or people in charge of AJSA want to ruin this community that they work on to keep it going? It doesn't make sense. If you don't like someone in higher ups, it can't be helped. Did you try talking to them on TS3 or messaged them? Remember that everyone who manages this community and events decided to spend their free time to make everyone here happy as possible and have a great time and sadly, not everyone appreciates that or realizes that it's impossible to please all 1000s of people here on the same level. If you don't like someone in the higher rank, message them and state a reason why. If you were harassed by a mod/officer for no reason, state a proof and take it to someone else in charge. If you added a suggestion for the community that got disproved, I'm sure it was disproved for a reason, whatever it's impossible to just make it happen atm or it was discussed before already so it got locked/removed. 

In every clan/community so far that  I was in, there was something that kept me to it, dedicate my time to it, but there was always something that I didn't like, but I didn't let that win me over. If there are great people in the clan, I will stay to play with them, I won't leave because I don't like how some things are run or because I don't like one or two admins...but if you are just focusing on the negative stuff then I can't help you. I know that I met some great people here and I read and share great experiences and I won't let few negative things ruin it for me.

Sorry that you didn't like it here, but if you ever change your mind and decide to come back, know that you are more than welcome.

Goodbye.

I'm terribly sorry about your experience. Here's a song to brighten up your day.

Hope you come back!

And if you posted any religious and/or political threads, then you shouldn't be doing that.

Can I add something? Just because you don't know the AJSA CoC (Code of Conduct) that doesn't mean that you posted isn't against the rules. If I get pulled over for speeding, I can't tell the police officer that I didn't know the speed limit. I should have read and known the rules. This isn't for just one person, but all of those who think that posts get closed for no reason. There is always a reason for posts getting locked, don't call out the mods just because you don't know why.

DemonsColt and Twisted Chi like this

Can I add something? Just because you don't know the AJSA CoC (Code of Conduct) that doesn't mean that you posted isn't against the rules. If I get pulled over for speeding, I can't tell the police officer that I didn't know the speed limit. I should have read and known the rules. This isn't for just one person, but all of those who think that posts get closed for no reason. There is always a reason for posts getting locked, don't call out the mods just because you don't know why.

This.

Trust me when I say that moderators and officers don't have fun locking topics for no reason. Instead, I will just find myself another way to occupy my free time rather than go around locking  topics because I "feel" like it. Mods and everyone have their guidelines on why topics are closed, while we also have to follow AJSA CoC. If a moderator however closes a topic that you feel like didn't break any CoC rules, feel free to contact that moderator, another moderator or someone else in charge. 

I'm going to have to repeat myself apparently after having posted in the last Topic made by this user that complained about moderator activities.

If you have a legitimate complaint then message me, users, I am regularly clearing out my PM box so I am able to be contacted and it goes without saying I look at the forum several times daily. I think you can guess how many PMs I received from this user; none. What makes the complaint legitimate is you first reading and understanding the Code of Conduct. This user either did not read it or did not understand why it is in place.

As for 'transparency' moderators, game officers, commanders and council deal with you guys, our loyal members, everyday be it on the forums, twitch or TS. I have not once heard any of these individuals complain that they got a message (occasionally gripe about the content perhaps) so I feel rather insulted on behalf of all of these people putting the work in that they are being called distant.

Dogfish

Commander in Charge of the Moderation Staff

Kaz32, ', Twisted Chi and 2 others like this

I can see your point on posts and threads being edited or locked all together by mods. I was off the forums for a couple months and came back to see some startling differences. I couldn't understand why News was shut off, maybe I just missed something that made this necessary. I've noticed that certain threads get locked based on the reasoning of "this could be gaming related but I'm locking it anyway." I also kind of understand your point about being told not to discuss topics. I've seen quite a few threads where a mod has outright told people not to discuss a valid topic with no reasoning other than they don't want to see it discussed. Having said all this I still find enjoyment in discussing things with forum members and to me at least, the good still out weighs the bad for now.

You probably won't come back to read any of this Gronth but I hear and understand some of your concerns. I wish you luck in the future.

When we Lock a thread or ask members to stop discussing a topic it is because it is not gaming related or because the discussion was uncivil and got out of hand. What you are describing is simply not happening, and if it does you should pm a commander on the issue.

I have to agree with Apex Spartan and Nicky. People asking for games to be official expect it to be official right away. It just doesn't work that way. We are a CLAN, we band together in support of a game or oppose it. Look how long Chivalry took to get passed, it took months.

And the mods are doing a fine job. Here, we do not support religious and political topics here. We are a gaming clan. From what I see on YouTube or GameFAQs, religion, politics and gaming just simply does not mix. You want to discuss religion and politics, go to the Huffington Post.

Apex, another reason about the "thread has already been discussed" statement. At times, you can close it, but there were some times when the mods were able to merge two forums of the same topic together. FluffyZykone merged my topic and TwistedChi's topic about the new TMNT movie together a while back.

I love this clan, I love these people, I am a fan of Angry Joe. But what I love about this place is the community.

Please understand and look over our Code of Conduct, we use it for a reason.

....... This is like, so unnecessary. This guy obviously never read the code of conduct and expect every discussion to be ok even though it is clear there are rules that you have to follow. It's the same as people that drive without licenses and without knowing road rules. Not only is this guy endangering himself by doing something so reckless, unnecessary and stupid, he made a complete fool of himself for not even reading the rules that members should know before entering this community. Who's fault is that but your own? Grow up please. You're lucky this forum is still forgiving enough to give you a chance to go back.

Why the hell would you bash this guy? Especially since he will never reply and defend himself. Jesus Christ people.

I can understand that he said that this is a fanboy-forum. Remember those guys that made threads about how they had a dream about Angry Joe? That's kind of creepy. It's just a dick move to bash this guy now that he's gone.

You're lucky this forum is still forgiving enough to give you a chance to go back.

Yes because he's soooo lucky that most people don't care if somebody doesn't want to visit the forum anymore.

Why the hell would you bash this guy? Especially since he will never reply and defend himself. Jesus Christ people.

I can understand that he said that this is a fanboy-forum. Remember those guys that made thread about how they had a dream about Angry Joe? That's kind of creepy. It's just a dick move to bash this guy now that he's gone.

I am not bashing the man, it is his decision to leave here.

But it is odd that he did not read our CoC and instead of PMing DogFish for any problems, he decided to publicly rage about it.

I can understand that he said that this is a fanboy-forum. Remember those guys that made threads about how they had a dream about Angry Joe? That's kind of creepy. It's just a dick move to bash this guy now that he's gone.

Yes because he's soooo lucky that most people don't care if somebody doesn't want to visit the forum anymore.

Nobody is bashing him, most just pointed out to follow CoC, I pointed out to that among some other things. It's also good that other people read what was written by us so that they know how to cope with the situations in the future.

Well then, Goodbye Gronth. I hope you return one day

Big-Boss-Salute-610x345.jpg

If you want to discuss something none game related then just simply post it in the "General Discussion" section.  Though in all fairness a mod could just move the topic to that section instead of deleting it.

And i have seen a few times where mods have warned people to be more "Professional" in their discussions or the thread will be locked.  Considering how AJ publicly calls people out on his show etc this threat makes me laugh.  We aint professionals we are just regular forum users.

The only distant thing i see in this "community" is for there support of console players, but this looks as though it is on the mend (slowly) 

Recoveryanonymous likes this

Judging by this community, this thread is about to turn into 1960s America.

Judging by this community, this thread is about to turn into 1960s America.

Those damn commies. And those damn hippies.

Remember those guys that made threads about how they had a dream about Angry Joe? That's kind of creepy.

SOMEBODY POST ME THE LINK FOR ONE OF THOSE THREADS, I NEED SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT! NOW!!!!