• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

fridgeracer

I'm starting to dislike console fans, a lot.

46 posts in this topic

hello guys and gals. hope all are doing well on the AJSA, here goes my topic and problem i have with console gaming fans:

I'm starting to dislike console fans, a lot. I am a subscriber of quite a few youtube gaming channels, i go on facebook, reddit, twitter, and so on. im a social media dude, basically. i read a lot online and keep up to date with gaming and technology.

i 9/10 keep coming across gamers, who keep boasting on and on about how only just recently, because of steam, and fibre internet that PC gaming has finally become as profitable and / or as big as console gaming. they also go on about how pre 2005-2007, that PC gaming was almost dead, non existent, and that the only way to game "properly" was apparently on a console. they also go on about reasons as to why games like GTA5 and red dead redemption never made it to the platform.

there is this constant implication that PC gaming never was good or worth it until 2006 - 2007, when it got games comparable to the first 7th gen console games, yet despite that, the platform was getting those kind of quality games, before the 7th gen even existed.

i'm getting really fucking sick of this ignorance and narrow minded-ness amongst these gamers, because as much as it never bothered me in the past, the mass hysteria of these fake ideologies seem to be affecting the decisions from developers and publishers, and seem to be affecting the way a lot of games are made nowadays. that directly affects ME, the PC gamer, and you. no longer is it just words of crap from other people, it's now rubbish games, with instant checkpoints, no challenge or difficulty involved, and a lifespan of 12 hours to complete a campaign / story.

since when was the PC a non profitable / less profitable platform than console gaming? when windows 95 was out, the PC had 3D fx games to the likes of MDK, turok, and carmageddon. at this time the Playstation had only JUST been released in europe, and thus did not have the gigantic catalogue of games it has now at that same time. it was only just getting started and was fair game for all platforms.

by the time windows 98, 2000 / Me, and XP had come out, the PC was already booming with massive online communities conducting tournaments on a continental basis, whereas the consoles pretty much were the "play at home with your friends" platform. this is only the tip of the iceberg, but games like medal of honor allied assault, counter strike, red alert 2, c&c generals, starcraft, warcraft 3, microsoft flight simulator, tom clancy games, were HUGE on the PC, making the publishers releasing for the platform lots of money.

by the time vista came out, i still had a PS2. yeah the PS3 was coming out, and the 360 was already out for 1 year, but even then with vista, and on XP before it, the PC was getting games like the first far cry (which was mindblowing and out of this world for graphics at the time), and this trend, continued. the PC was known to have bigger and better looking games than the consoles, and to this day, that argument STILL exists.

the fact remains that all gaming platforms are as profitable and are as beneficial as one another. i have no doubt in my mind, that the PC currently along with all console platforms, makes publishers and developers and indie studios a lot of money, especially on purchase platforms like gog, origin and steam, BUT... it was also profitable and big, previous to all that.

if this crap didn't exist, would games today be half as challenging or difficult to complete as games made pre 2006? my guess is yes. Tomb Raider 1996 - if you can't complete the level without dying, you DIE. GAME OVER. the last of us... if you can't complete the chapter without dying, even on survivor mode, here have a nice fluffy wuffy checkpoint, and keep pressing restart checkpoint as many times as you like. OH, ALSO, here, have the option to save at the checkpoint and come back later, you don't need to be good enough to complete the chapter now that you started it. 

why are so many console fans so naive and ignorant to accept that, or even find out for themselves? i have a PS3 myself, and have a ps one and a PS2, and have owned gamecubes, gameboys, psps, vitas, xbox, xbox 360, and have a shelf stacked full of console games, but i dont go around TALKING TOTAL BULLSHIT.

You know to be honest alot of PC gamers are saying the exact same thing about us console gamers. Really all it is it's just humans competiting with each other I don't own and play PC games cause I neither have the money or technological skills to keep one up to date a gaming and PC Master race assholes would call me a gaming peasent for it so naturally I would respond with the bird. Granted not all PC gamers are like that but those who are are inticing my console race to disrespect your PC gaming race and vice versa.

I thought the PC gaming is/was dead thing was already dismissed as myth a long time ago. I've seem a lot of people migrate to PC after x1 and ps4 were announced due to the architectures and what-not. I hope exclusives get lower this "generation." Steam controller seems to be a good answer if it really works like it's designed to, comfortably substituting the mouse.

I don't own and play PC games cause I neither have the money or technological skills to keep one up to date

I can understand not having the patience to learn(I don't condone it though! :P) but the money thing is largely a myth if you can buy a console you could have built a good computer and saved way more on games... But I'm just nitpicking at this point really and it comes down to preference.

Joda likes this

You know to be honest alot of PC gamers are saying the exact same thing about us console gamers. Really all it is it's just humans competiting with each other I don't own and play PC games cause I neither have the money or technological skills to keep one up to date a gaming and PC Master race assholes would call me a gaming peasent for it so naturally I would respond with the bird. Granted not all PC gamers are like that but those who are are inticing my console race to disrespect your PC gaming race and vice versa.

That's actually a misconception. While there is the cost of good quality parts along with Windows 64-bit, console players have more expensive games and have to pay for a subscription to online games along with the cost of a console and along with the cost of a computer because you are apparently able to go online and type that message. If you prefer consoles over PC, then that's all fine, but you aren't the one saving money.

I thought the PC gaming is/was dead thing was already dismissed as myth a long time ago. I've seem a lot of people migrate to PC after x1 and ps4 were announced due to the architectures and what-not. I hope exclusives get lower this "generation." Steam controller seems to be a good answer if it really works like it's designed to, comfortably substituting the mouse.

I can understand not having the patience to learn(I don't condone it though! :P) but the money thing is largely a myth if you can buy a console you could have built a good computer and saved way more on games... But I'm just nitpicking at this point really and it comes down to preference.

If I buy a console I'm not having to spend money every year or two to buy parts to keep it up to date.

I think consoles are awesome. And PCs! But people tend to gravitate towards something like it was some holy grail then go on crusades to crush anyone who disagrees. It is a Fanboy mentality and I can't be bothered. 

What it boils down to is people justifying their purchase by any means necessary. With an outlet like the internet, your argument does need actual weight/facts/etc. It just needs people to take notice and that is it.

For me I started out as a console player because explaining to my parents that every six months to a year I would need an upgrade was next to impossible versus saying that this console here will last me 5 to 6 six years of gaming with no additional cost other than games. As I got older I naturally went to PC because I stream, I record, and all of that is easier on a PC. That and MMO's at that time were only on PC. 

Please, if you want to talk about this kind of stuff, just keep it civil. No flame posts or elitism.

Apex Spartan and Joda like this

If I buy a console I'm not having to spend money every year or two to buy parts to keep it up to date.

More like every 3 years and you can sell the used parts and we pay way less for games on average(unless you pre-order every release but even then there's usually discounts at GMG and what-not.) and have no subscriptions to online services. It kind of evens out in the end, PC gaming is just generally perceived as more costly.

Please, if you want to talk about this kind of stuff, just keep it civil. No flame posts or elitism.

Thank you DemonsColt. I'm just putting this here to enforce what DemonsColt has posted. Play nice you guys.

DemonsColt likes this

This argument will never stop.........Neither will it ever fix until humanity comes together.......

I have seen it too, I was talking with my friend about PCgaming and he said the the PCdoesn't have as many exclusives. I followed his comment up with a long list of games he had never herd of

I think its funny, I could name most of the PS3 exclusives but he couldn't name one for PC, its probably because I have recently ascended to the ranks of PC gaming

I got a hand-me-down PC form my brother that costs around $300, I later bought graphics card for about $70, its nothing special but it gets the job done, I have 30+ games, full games (one of which is Bioshock infinite, to put things in perspective) for less then $10 some for free. Yes I will need to upgrade My PC soon but as I hope you can see, my hobby cost as much as your hobby, just in different places

On the other side, the amount of man hours I have put into trying to get some of this s*** working is absurd, drivers are a b****, getting some games to function correctly is a pain in the a** and some of the smallest things can make your PC a giant pile of silicone... now I'm just ranting

If we look into the mind of a pc gamer only console fans on the internet they seem to be bigoted, childish, a-holes. If we do the same with console players, only pc gamers seem like fat, loud try hards that spend all day on the internet trolling message boards and being a-holes. That's because on the internet the hate comments and trolls are more focused on. Like if I'm watching a person on youtube who plays pc and in the comments on every video I see a console fanboy trolling i'm more likly to see that and not the positive ones. 

Joda likes this

Console vs pc wars are stupid. Who cares what platform you play on as long as you are enjoying games? Back in the day people didn't constantly rage which was better as much and think of themselves so highly and better for using a particular platform.

People, settle down. Why is this even a thing? Why does it have to be console vs. pc? It's a silly topic. Why doesn't everyone here just calm down and realize that we are all playing the same games?

Hi, having almost everything master race checking in.

Gaming is gaming is gaming, it doesn't matter where you play, all that matters is that you do.

0ykACHT.jpg

CQR Myles and Oracle7 like this

On more than one occasion I've had customers at my store pose me the typical question; Console A or Console B?

My response is usually that a console is a tool, a means to an end. That choice should be what software or games you want to play then choose the correct platform.

Oracle7 likes this

Don't put too much thought into that petition. It's obviously no more than a joke. Here's a nice quote from one of the people who signed it:

I signed this just to get notified of its failure.

First off all, like it was mentioned already, keep your cool guys and keep it civil. If you are going to refer to console fans or PC fans don't call them "fucks", or say, "I hate the fucks" or any similar word. Keep your cool and keep your language as non-offensive as possible.

Now, if I may throw a cent into this thread...

1. If I bothered with what people thought, I would of probably shot myself long ago or packed my bags and moved to live in Antarctica. The amount of stupid similar comments I saw from PC/console fans is just sad, I get pissed off sometimes when I read stupid stuff. Being a fan is just stupid, please, take a look at this video

2. PC fans are no better than console fans and console fans are no better than PC fans. I've noticed that a lot of console fans like to say, "We console fans act like a pain in the ass because PC gamers make us to" or they blame PC gamers for everything...not true, that's just a stupid excuse so they make themselves look like they are some kind of fighters of justice...no, they are just fans. What else proves that it's not PC gamer's fault? Take a look at console fans and see that they have a war between themselves...Xbox vs PS.

PC gamers have no reason to fight among each other. There, feel better lol? Yeah, maybe a PC gamer will call you a noob for not having 32gigs of RAM.

And man, welcome to the internet. How stupid is our world? Well, if you said "very stupid" then internet is 10x more stupid, more annoying and more EVERYTHING.

I wouldn't bother myself with what people say on the internet.

3. Like Boogie said, why would you pick a side? Just play and love whatever you want, but no, sadly the human nature MAKES you be a prick at this and gives you get the need to prove that your gaming system is better...well guess what, it is NOT.

I could go on forever and I won't because I've already made 100 posts on this topic in AJSA, but I want to tell you just ignore those people. Like our great man Boogie said in the video, fans are stupid, you don't need to pick a side, this isn't a freaking WAR. Just because you don't pick a side doesn't mean you will get invaded by both sides and get destroyed, it means you are just smarter and more mature than others. Ignore those fans, both PC and console ones. Both are stupid, that's all. Fans are stupid!

Play your damn gaming system without being a fan and putting it in everyone's faces.  Oh, how I wish people were like that.

hello guys and gals. hope all are doing well on the AJSA, here goes my topic and problem i have with console gaming fans:

I'm starting to dislike console fans, a lot. I am a subscriber of quite a few youtube gaming channels, i go on facebook, reddit, twitter, and so on. im a social media dude, basically. i read a lot online and keep up to date with gaming and technology.

i 9/10 keep coming across gamers, who keep boasting on and on about how only just recently, because of steam, and fibre internet that PC gaming has finally become as profitable and / or as big as console gaming. they also go on about how pre 2005-2007, that PC gaming was almost dead, non existent, and that the only way to game "properly" was apparently on a console. they also go on about reasons as to why games like GTA5 and red dead redemption never made it to the platform.

there is this constant implication that PC gaming never was good or worth it until 2006 - 2007, when it got games comparable to the first 7th gen console games, yet despite that, the platform was getting those kind of quality games, before the 7th gen even existed.

i'm getting really fucking sick of this ignorance and narrow minded-ness amongst these gamers, because as much as it never bothered me in the past, the mass hysteria of these fake ideologies seem to be affecting the decisions from developers and publishers, and seem to be affecting the way a lot of games are made nowadays. that directly affects ME, the PC gamer, and you. no longer is it just words of crap from other people, it's now rubbish games, with instant checkpoints, no challenge or difficulty involved, and a lifespan of 12 hours to complete a campaign / story.

since when was the PC a non profitable / less profitable platform than console gaming? when windows 95 was out, the PC had 3D fx games to the likes of MDK, turok, and carmageddon. at this time the Playstation had only JUST been released in europe, and thus did not have the gigantic catalogue of games it has now at that same time. it was only just getting started and was fair game for all platforms.

by the time windows 98, 2000 / Me, and XP had come out, the PC was already booming with massive online communities conducting tournaments on a continental basis, whereas the consoles pretty much were the "play at home with your friends" platform. this is only the tip of the iceberg, but games like medal of honor allied assault, counter strike, red alert 2, c&c generals, starcraft, warcraft 3, microsoft flight simulator, tom clancy games, were HUGE on the PC, making the publishers releasing for the platform lots of money.

by the time vista came out, i still had a PS2. yeah the PS3 was coming out, and the 360 was already out for 1 year, but even then with vista, and on XP before it, the PC was getting games like the first far cry (which was mindblowing and out of this world for graphics at the time), and this trend, continued. the PC was known to have bigger and better looking games than the consoles, and to this day, that argument STILL exists.

the fact remains that all gaming platforms are as profitable and are as beneficial as one another. i have no doubt in my mind, that the PC currently along with all console platforms, makes publishers and developers and indie studios a lot of money, especially on purchase platforms like gog, origin and steam, BUT... it was also profitable and big, previous to all that.

if this crap didn't exist, would games today be half as challenging or difficult to complete as games made pre 2006? my guess is yes. Tomb Raider 1996 - if you can't complete the level without dying, you DIE. GAME OVER. the last of us... if you can't complete the chapter without dying, even on survivor mode, here have a nice fluffy wuffy checkpoint, and keep pressing restart checkpoint as many times as you like. OH, ALSO, here, have the option to save at the checkpoint and come back later, you don't need to be good enough to complete the chapter now that you started it. 

why are so many console fans so naive and ignorant to accept that, or even find out for themselves? i have a PS3 myself, and have a ps one and a PS2, and have owned gamecubes, gameboys, psps, vitas, xbox, xbox 360, and have a shelf stacked full of console games, but i dont go around TALKING TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Some people on the internet have different opinions than you. Some are retarded dumbasses. Some are assholes. Get over it, it's not that serious.