• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

illutian

[Patch Notes] v1.0.06

11 posts in this topic

((http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89332/patch-notes-v1-0-6))

So much for reducing the cost of leveling (potions + soul gems):

• Adjusted the time after you loot a delve or overworld boss before you are eligible to receive loot from these types of bosses again.

...and increasing the time it takes to level Crafting through deconstructions of 'Greens' and 'Blues'. :(

Well, an unfitting game is an unfitting game. I'm sad to see Bethesda handing this game out, when it doesn't even cut close to the standards of it's predecessors.

This has more to do with the gold farmers than regular players. They basically made the comment that this was added because of those people just standing there killing bosses over and over, and preventing regular players from being able to do it.

If they wanted to follow in the footsteps of most other MMO's, they would have put an incredibly large respawn time on bosses in public area's, making it next to impossible to even be present when a boss was there. I'm guessing the loot timer will eliminate campers and provide more spawn times for people who are actually there for the quest. It really depends on how long a timer they add. If it's a 10 minute loot time, you could still be dedicated and just farm if something really special drops and it's worth 10 minutes to wait for it. But if it's a 10 hour loot time...well, that would suck.

Well, an unfitting game is an unfitting game. I'm sad to see Bethesda handing this game out, when it doesn't even cut close to the standards of it's predecessors.

Umm.. This patch hurts gold farmers alot, fixes a lot of quest so I don't see the reasoning? If you don't like the game, admit it, don't try to blame it on aa pretty good patch(even though they should have done this by launch..

Even though I tend to kill a boss 3x for his fillled soul shard.

Umm.. This patch hurts gold farmers alot, fixes a lot of quest so I don't see the reasoning? If you don't like the game, admit it, don't try to blame it on aa pretty good patch(even though they should have done this by launch..

Even though I tend to kill a boss 3x for his fillled soul shard.

I merely was stating the game as a whole is unfitting(I love the franchise, not all of this specific game though), not the patch, which is a good patch overall. Sorry for making myself not clear on that.

Well, Beth doesn't have any say. Zenimax owns them.

-----

My gripe is the fact that everything is so god damn expensive, when put into context of how quickly you level. And it's rather ridiculous that 'trash' mobs drop lvl 29 potions, but the 'mini-bosses' drop lvl 35 potions (plus a full soul gem). So, you either farm the mini-bosses -or- buy the potions; crafting is pretty much out of the question because of the time it takes to gather suitable plants for combining.

BTW: It's probably cause I suck at earning coin...lol, in real life and in virtual reality. But, boy, can I save what coin I do make. xD

Well, Beth doesn't have any say. Zenimax owns them.

-----

My gripe is the fact that everything is so god damn expensive, when put into context of how quickly you level. And it's rather ridiculous that 'trash' mobs drop lvl 29 potions, but the 'mini-bosses' drop lvl 35 potions (plus a full soul gem). So, you either farm the mini-bosses -or- buy the potions; crafting is pretty much out of the question because of the time it takes to gather suitable plants for combining.

BTW: It's probably cause I suck at earning coin...lol, in real life and in virtual reality. But, boy, can I save what coin I do make. xD

By late game all gold really serves as is a way to respec, and trade items. 

This has more to do with the gold farmers than regular players. They basically made the comment that this was added because of those people just standing there killing bosses over and over, and preventing regular players from being able to do it.

If they wanted to follow in the footsteps of most other MMO's, they would have put an incredibly large respawn time on bosses in public area's, making it next to impossible to even be present when a boss was there. I'm guessing the loot timer will eliminate campers and provide more spawn times for people who are actually there for the quest. It really depends on how long a timer they add. If it's a 10 minute loot time, you could still be dedicated and just farm if something really special drops and it's worth 10 minutes to wait for it. But if it's a 10 hour loot time...well, that would suck.

Most other MMOs "public bosses" drop far better loot then most public bosses in ESO

Oh they can't win, can they?

Why is it that people expect everything NOW? Leveling up crafting skills is quick enough as it is. Gold farmers and boss campers are a much bigger problem that needs dealing with, and this is very welcome in my opinion. Quite frankly I'm sick of people being so impatient, or just borderline rude about anything Zenimax does to try and make things better. And before any calls me out by attacking the subscription fee or what-not, I'd remind you that you should know what you're getting into with an MMO and that things have run a lot smoother than many others so soon since launch.

All I seem to see is people saying "A few bugs = bad game", have you ever played an Elder Scrolls game before?

No reason to be "sick" of anything anyone says. Opinions will always differ and if they can't be taken with moderation and without lashing out then please do not read said opinions. 

By late game all gold really serves as is a way to respec, and trade items. 

As it does with all MMOs. Which is why I never bother to 'farm coin'; seems so pointless. Guess I'm not materialistic enough :P

---

I liked the farming boss model. Because if I wanted to satisfy my "instant gratification" I could sit there and farm the boss for a half an hour. On the flip side, the game doesn't give me everything making rewards seem "meh".

In short, they removed an aspect of the game that entertained me for a few minutes. It's surprisingly fun to /lute while you wait with six other players for the public boss to respawn. Well, that's not going to happen anymore, because once you gotten your Completion mark for the dungeon there's no reason to stick around; no reason to interact with players in the same spot.