• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

113 posts in this topic

So today I heard of something on the Machinima channel on Youtube about a new Call of Duty game. They wanna call it Call of Duty Patriots but however it's just rumors at the moment. They did say it was suppose to come out this year sometime and take place during WW1 with other things to it that I forgot. But tell me fellow members will you buy this next COD game no matter what or wait for a review or two on it?

Keep all discussions about the new COD in this thread - Councilman Ton0fun

Edited by Tons0fun
Merged topics

CoD going for WW1?

I'm game.

The campaign better live up to my expectations, though. Because I enjoyed old CoD campaigns.

I'll rent for campaign.

A WW1 CoD game? It will be tough, but we'll see.

If it is real, it can be a change of pace from CoD's most recent games.

But that game better be made by Treyarch. I don't trust IW.

It's not going to be made from Treyarch or Infinity Ward. They said it will be made by Sledgehammer the people behind MW3 and other games. If you guys want go check out the video on their channel i'm sure you'll find out more.

News of a new COD game shouldn't be especially surprising, like they do come out every freaking year. Still, a COD game set in WW1 will be interesting. We won't have tanks (not to begin with anyways) and WW1 was mostly just sitting in a hole all day. I don't see how they will make a COD game on such a gloomy and desolate setting, especially with the way they make COD games today, but knowing COD they're probably going to turn this into a gun orgy with us killing millions upon millions of Germans (NOT Nazi's, germans) in the most illogical and over the top way possible, so I guess COD fans will be fine. 

It's not going to be made from Treyarch or Infinity Ward. They said it will be made by Sledgehammer the people behind MW3 and other games. If you guys want go check out the video on their channel i'm sure you'll find out more.

dammit-dammit-o.gif

So much for a good PC port.

Alexander452 likes this

dammit-dammit-o.gif

So much for a good PC port.

Hahah whys that? Something about them that's bad?

if they don't throw in an over the top hooblah story, maybe. I didn't have too much of a problem with the campaign of MW3. They need to get the maps in multiplayer figured out though before I buy another CoD. I only got Ghosts was because I needed something to play other than Black Flag on PS4 and my friend wanted to play with me. It has sat on my shelf  ever since a month after launch and I'm not too interested in returning to it

WW1? So it's gonna be like minecraft? Just digging holes all day.

hay hay hay, you also well get to run at machine guns.

Hahah whys that? Something about them that's bad?

Infinity Ward downright sucks at PC ports and Sledgehammer is okay at them.

Treyarch's games are not only good ports, but they are also pretty good games. Black Ops 2 was one of the better CoD games out of the standard we had.

Infinity Ward downright sucks at PC ports and Sledgehammer is okay at them.

Treyarch's games are not only good ports, but they are also pretty good games. Black Ops 2 was one of the better CoD games out of the standard we had.

Oh I see. I don't notice much on PC stuff cause i'm a console guy. But who knows maybe it will go good for you PC guys this time.

Not sure they can adequately represent it with small maps and the excessive speed of cod but then again it doesn't adequately represent modern war and it was arcadeish at best when it did WWII.

The trench thing is actually a common misconception that's sadly spread in schools all around the world, there were some long "dynamic" battles both before and after the trench period. Almost all war theorists were not ready for the new artillery pieces, gas attacks and new technologies overall though which mainly caused the entrenchment itself as they still mostly had a 19th century mindset that wasn't working very well. Everyone thought it would last weeks, months at most.

Though a bit cheesy, this documentary if I well remember is pretty good by the way - 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY3Sb8xiQ_c

You know what would be neat, if this CoD WW1 game takes a couple of influences from the WW1 classic All Quiet On The Western Front.

You know what would be neat, if this CoD WW1 game takes a couple of influences from the WW1 classic All Quiet On The Western Front.

I want them to have an homage scene of them making potato cakes, while dodging artillery.

I want them to have an homage scene of them making potato cakes, while dodging artillery.

You saw the 1930 version or the 70s version?

Read the book, didn't bother so much with the movies.

WATCH THE F%CKING 30S' MOVIE NOW!!!!

I'd be down for a WWI CoD, as long as the story is good. As for how it's represented is another mater. Are they going to do a more realistic version of WWI or are they going to have WWI on steroids. I'm also curios about the multiplayer.

Another CoD game? No thank you, I'm sick of this franchise despite a new theme slapped on top of a 10+ year old game engine (Quake 3 engine IIRC).

OH WOW!!!!.....another cod game..........................yay......

Trench warfare?  Not buying the idea of that unless they force the soldiers to fight out of the trench pits and turn thier game into  CoD world at war game which i really like that game tho it had bad reviews of it, i just like peoples  heads blown off and see thier blood and guts flying when using grenades and Anti-material weapons which it made me really satisfied watching .

Honestly every CoD make in pre-modern era was really good. And CoD hasn't gone back as far as WW1 yet so I hope it comes into fruition.

I have been waiting for a World War 1/2 game that in new. Hasn't been a big one since W@W.

Sol Omega likes this

Well, a WWI COD? well, im willing to give it a shot. Too many times has this franchise dissapointed me with their Hyper-technology asses there. Not anymore, please. No more Hyper-technology stuff for a while.