• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BoB Dolen

I really did not expect this to happen (console version delayed)

13 posts in this topic

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/8/5694110/elder-scrolls-online-delay-consoles-xbox-one-ps4

The console edition of The Elder Scrolls Online will be delayed by six months, according to a since deleted line on the game's official FAQ page.

"The Elder Scrolls Online officially launched on April 4, 2014 on PC and Mac," reads the statement regarding Bethesda's new MMO, "While it has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn't going to be possible, we have made great progress, we have concluded that we'll need about six more months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve."

Bethesda's response originally contained a broken link to a blog post promising further details regarding the delay; However, this has since been deleted. Reddit users are now reporting Bethesda is deleting posts and banning users who link the FAQ post about the delay.

The Elder Scrolls Online launched on Windows PC earlier this year, with plans to bring the game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles in June. You can check out our review of the game right here.

Polygon has reached out to Bethesda for confirmation on the delay and will update as it comes.

See ? This is how we (PC gamers) feel when PC games are delayed and they are delayed all the time. (cough GTA V cough)

See ? This is how we (PC gamers) feel when PC games are delayed and they are delayed all the time. (cough GTA V cough)

Nobody likes ESO now since i saw the Angry Joe reiview about ESO it changed my mind several times now it final it's not worth it. Now most of us are waiting for it to go F2P or not even play it at all . Look at the bug fest and Lies they tought us.

I've never understood the whole wait until it goes FTP. Either you want to play the game or you don't. If you don't like the game then I'm not sure how it being free will change that. o.O

In regards to the opening post...I guess it's better it's delayed then released broken. Don't want consoles stealing that from us. XD

dgwoods likes this

Nobody likes ESO now since i saw the Angry Joe reiview about ESO it changed my mind several times now it final it's not worth it. Now most of us are waiting for it to go F2P or not even play it at all . Look at the bug fest and Lies they tought us.

You might want to reword "Nobody".

dgwoods likes this

At least the offer they are making for console players is pretty awesome.  Play it on PC/Mac (get it before June) and when the game comes out on the console of your choice you only have to pay 20 bucks for the console version (digital of course, but hey it's something) and get another 30 days of game time, and a free character transfer to the console server.

dgwoods likes this

You might want to reword "Nobody".

Nobody_cares.gif

Too bad that they cant take back the PC release for the same 6 months and release a product that is really ready for release instead of what they gave us

Im glad they did this...we need to build the subs base for pc and they need to make a good product on console. If the company doesnt make any money then we wont get new content.

Too bad that they cant take back the PC release for the same 6 months and release a product that is really ready for release instead of what they gave us

Speak for yourself. I can guarantee that the console versions will be bugged, do you know why? Because an MMO (even a different version of the same MMO) has never, and will likely continue to never, be released bug free. This goes for games in general too, they never release bug free.

As it stands, it's playable, it's enjoyable, and the lore continues to be fascinating. A few bugs barely take away from the experience in my opinion.

dgwoods likes this

Not surprised at all.

The game is clearly lacking the 'Elder Scrolls' feel. And no, it's not because due to it being a multiplayer-only game.

Fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the delay was to get a leading start on TES6....ESO is not going to be a the cash cow Zeni hoped it would be.

Not surprised at all.

The game is clearly lacking the 'Elder Scrolls' feel. And no, it's not because due to it being a multiplayer-only game.

Fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the delay was to get a leading start on TES6....ESO is not going to be a the cash cow Zeni hoped it would be.

I never understand why people say that, I have no idea what they mean; I've always felt more of the Elder Scrolls in ESO than in Oblivion or Skyrim. The fact that it sticks to and creates new lore is brilliant, characters feel like people and their respective races. Little things like a Dunmer calling someone a S'wit, or Khajiit talking in the 3rd person. The Tribunal is another gem, anyone who played Morrowind knows what happens to them, but it's great to see what the Dunmer people think of them at the height of their power. Or how about the pure racism of many Altmer, and how Queen Ayren must overcome that (with great difficulty). There are lots of things that make me feel like this really is the Elder Scrolls world, just set a long time before any other game, and I find that refreshing.

dgwoods likes this

Speak for yourself. I can guarantee that the console versions will be bugged, do you know why? Because an MMO (even a different version of the same MMO) has never, and will likely continue to never, be released bug free. This goes for games in general too, they never release bug free.

As it stands, it's playable, it's enjoyable, and the lore continues to be fascinating. A few bugs barely take away from the experience in my opinion.

While your position on the game varies for whatever reason than mine. My experience with the product is much like Joe's. I believe he was generous with the 5 of 10 rating. Yes they are fixing quest bugs, opps it's still broken when 30 people are standing around waiting for the Boss to spawn, AGAIN.

I will say the story is interesting, the combat at best is sluggish, abilities stop working mid fight, double click esc to remedy.

Since I experienced almost every major bug that someone could experience in the first three weeks that took another two weeks to fix I have a low opinion of the game.

Banking bug, anyone need a pet I have 4 Imperial edition special promo packs

Yahoo level 32 trucking right along, WTH where did all my skill points go? 12 days later 12 days it took them to refund the points on my first main

Was I expecting a polished game yes,

Was expecting it to be bug free no,

Was I expecting Progress halting bugs that had been reported numerous time during the PTS to be fixed before release, YES

Was I expecting communication for ZOE when my character became unplayable because all her skill points vanished, YES

Was I expecting the Broken Passives that had been reported numerous times in PTS (Cloosed Beta) to be fixed before release YES

And while I do respect your point of view, you may now see and understand why I have a different one. You like the game, I think there are better ones that are run by better company's