• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CQR Myles

Halo 5: Guardian announced for Xbox One

29 posts in this topic

343 Industries has revealed that Halo 5: Guardians will launch on Xbox One in the fall of 2015

Bonnie Ross, general manager at 343, made the announcement on a blog post that detailed the future of the Halo franchise as a whole. Ross talked about Master Chief's next journey, saying, "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

The game will run "at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we've been dreaming of for more than a decade," and will also be powered by a new engine.

image_40086_fit_620.jpg

Ross also hinted at what we'd see from the franchise at this year's E3, stating, "Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a 'journey,' rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store."

So... who is the other person?

johnythehero and Qnz917 like this

Since the name is guardians, most like have guardians of humanity and the NeoGaf source was right the game was delayed to 2015

Why would it be delayed? All Halo's except ODST have had 3 year release cycles, 4 was 2012 and it was said that a Halo game would be released this year, I would bet my non existant house that it's Annerversary 2

I've never played any of the Halo games outside of the original on PC back in the day..This is great news for the many fans of Master Chief and first person online shooters in general.

I'm thinking the guy at the bottom is the chief it is about time he got some new armor ?

The persona at the top has a feminine figure don't you think?

If they're announcing Halo 5 now, what the fuck are they showing at E3?

DemonsColt likes this

If they're announcing Halo 5 now, what the fuck are they showing at E3?

MS must have a ton of things to show at E3 since they are doing mega reveals like Halo 5 this early

Well, I dont know what to say, didnt get to play any Halo since Halo 2 because of the exclusive gaming thing...So well, if its gonna be exclusive again, I just wont care about any halo games anymore. 

Dyzzles likes this

Well, I dont know what to say, didnt get to play any Halo since Halo 2 because of the exclusive gaming thing...So well, if its gonna be exclusive again, I just wont care about any halo games anymore. 

Dude, the whole franchise has been exclusive since the first one. It's a flagship title for the Xbox consoles.

Bs-KILL likes this

Dude, the whole franchise has been exclusive since the first one. It's a flagship title for the Xbox consoles.

Halo and Halo 2 are on PC as well.

Honestly this is the news I've been waiting for. With the removal of the Kinect and reduction in price, I'm just twitching to buy one off Amazon. It isn't available until June 9th though, so I'm just going to wait until after E3. The only thing holding me back is games. I'm just hoping that at E3, Microsoft will nail it and they swoon me with a bunch of titles I'll be excited for. Halo 5 is a definite start.

CQR Myles likes this

Microsoft are starting to turn into Sony. They're revealing their games before E3.

Halo and Halo 2 are on PC as well.

Yes, but these were released after the next generation of console was launched, so Halo 5 probably isn't going to be anywhere but X1 for quite some time.

Honestly . . . . I am getting a little tired of Halo, yes it was a great game when it came out but . . . . I am starting to think something new should come instead of milking the franchise as they seem to be doing.

Don't get me wrong, if they introduce something new and interesting I will be all for it, but it just seems stale to me of late.

Honestly . . . . I am getting a little tired of Halo, yes it was a great game when it came out but . . . . I am starting to think something new should come instead of milking the franchise as they seem to be doing.

Don't get me wrong, if they introduce something new and interesting I will be all for it, but it just seems stale to me of late.

You actually raise a point I've been thinking about for a while; When Is it milking, and when Is just, making good games?

I mean, yeah they're putting out a lot of Halo games, and have been for a while, but they always space them out, as In they're not always yearly releases, and with the exception of Spartan Assault, All the main releases (Including Halo Wars) have been well received. Sure there's been complaints here and there from fans, particularly with Halo 4, but even so that game managed to garner much praise.

Can It be considered milking, when the games are still pretty damn good?

johnythehero likes this

As long as the games are good with solid content, I don't care about the frequency they put them out. I like Assassin's Creed for instance, and have no problem with a yearly release cycle as I have enjoyed most of them. I know some people consider that franchise to be just milking, but I solidly believe in freedom of choice and really tire of the idea that if one person considers it to be milking, then everyone must agree with them. Just choose for yourself, and let everyone else choose for themselves. If they get bad, I'll stop buying them. It's not like video games are essential to life. You can choose not to buy them if you feel they are milking you and you know longer enjoy them. Just keep in mind, other people might not consider it milking and truly enjoy the game.

Now, I rarely consider anything a company does to be milking me, as I think it has to be pretty bad. MGSV: Ground Zeroes is an example of a game I refuse to buy for that reason. It may be good over all, but they essentially released the demo of MGSV: Phantom Pain for $30-$40 and wanted to milk my desire to play a new Metal Gear Solid. That's about the only time I feel like I'm being milked. Again, though, if people are willing to pay it then the company has every right to release it. I just refuse to buy it. The beauty of freedom. :)

I'm thinking the guy at the bottom is the chief it is about time he got some new armor ?

The persona at the top has a feminine figure don't you think?

It's a reflection, the figure on the top is actually there, the Master Cheif in his armor on the bottom is the reflection. I assume that is his new armor and I also assume that guardians refers to something else, possibly the forerunner.

It doesn't look like a female to me, look at the hands and the build of the actual body, not the suit, the suit is more streamlined the body is very male.

Here is a larger image.

halo-5.jpg

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/mysterious-character-halo-5-reveal-image/

The image depicts the new character model mirrored by Master Chief.  This model has a slimmer look than the iconic hero, and early speculation is that it is a female character of some sort.  Frank O’Connor of 343 Industries has already shut down that speculation, claiming that it’s not a female character, nor is it Cortana in physical form.

fWMtAFE.png

CQR Myles likes this

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/mysterious-character-halo-5-reveal-image/

The image depicts the new character model mirrored by Master Chief.  This model has a slimmer look than the iconic hero, and early speculation is that it is a female character of some sort.  Frank O’Connor of 343 Industries has already shut down that speculation, claiming that it’s not a female character, nor is it Cortana in physical form.

fWMtAFE.png

Passing the torch maybe?

Nooooo please dont introduce a new character just for co-op purposes.  We all know Halo 5 will be chief trying to find a way to bring cortana back i dont want some new dude messing that up!!

He maybe hunting him, he has an ONI emblem on his chest plane and stuff related to ONI is never good