• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Clumsyninja

Overrated Anime's in your opinion?

40 posts in this topic

I think the big 3 while good, and entertaining, are overrated big time. (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.) Overrated =/= Bad, it just means they aren't as good as some people say. 

I also think Sword Art Online is HIGHLY overrated. The first half of the anime was pretty good, but the second half fell flat, and was incredibly boring.. Started off strong, but then fell flat on it's face.

Sword Art: Online

Attack on Titan

One Piece (of shit)

I saw the first few episodes of Attack on Titan, and I didn't like it.

likes this

Attack on Titan

One Piece (of shit)

I liked the first few seasons of One Piece for its excellent pacing, but some of the newer seasons have almost DBZ level pacing.

Evangelion:  Overly pretentious writing that in the end proves the writer had absolutely nothing of substance to say.

Escaflowne:  Was really fucking good until, of course, LOVE TRIANGLE BULLSHIT.  What a cheap way of padding your story.

Gundam SEED:  Was there an episode of this where someone didn't suffer an emotional breakdown?

LaserBunny and like this

All of them.

This

Neon Genesis Evangelion was complete garbage and a waste of time. It's tragic to see such good animation and art wasted on it.

I believe Cowboy Bebop to be overrated. Cowboy Bebop could have been great if it wasn't episodic with so many filler episodes.

Episodic anime make me physically ill. Lucky for me the cast and setting of Cowboy Bebop was top-notch. Minus Edward, of course.

Eva - utter crap, pretentious story with not a single likable character. I suppose Gendo is likable for tormenting that piece of shit Shinji.

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Kenshin - Seems like Americans love them more than anyone else on the planet. They are good but not undeniable best of all time good.

Grave of Fireflies - sad for the sake of trying to make it sad. Didn't work on me. 

likes this

Cowboy Bebop was pretty good, it's just not the omg10/10masterpiece that americans who watched it on Toonami try to make it look like.

I believe Cowboy Bebop to be overrated. Cowboy Bebop could have been great if it wasn't episodic with so many filler episodes.

Funny enough, I thought it was better when it was episodic than when they when "suddenly plot and srs bsns" on the last couple of eps.

likes this

gotta be SAO for me, a lot of people see it as the be all end all anime, i didn't agree

Then again even the highest rated anime have massive flaws 

I think the big 3 while good, and entertaining, are overrated big time. (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.) Overrated =/= Bad, it just means they aren't as good as some people say. 

I also think Sword Art Online is HIGHLY overrated. The first half of the anime was pretty good, but the second half fell flat, and was incredibly boring.. Started off strong, but then fell flat on it's face.

I actually liked the Shippuden version of Naruto (Except when my favorite character died , i stopped watching :(... )

Bleach WAS good but is just dragged on too much...

Attack on Titan

One Piece (of shit)

When I watched One Piece when I was younger I liked it, haven't watched it since then however.

IMO Korokus basketball is over-rated.

Any anime you like.

*shots fired*

Sword Art Online 

Naruto

Any Highschool-Romantic-Comedy Genre Anime 

Attack on Titan

One Piece (of shit)

This. 

SAO isn't exactly talked about anymore, but it was stupidly popular a few months ago while the anime itself was pure trash. It's getting a second season.. 

Not sure if i agree with attack on titan, but I personally didn't like it and dropped it after episode 2.

One Piece is trash. It's a huge filler now. Nothing of note is happening. The first 100-150 episodes were great after which it just turned complete filler. They just couldn't make a good adventure anime with decent pacing. And yes it's pretty much DBZ now.. Though i think DBZ is better cause of the aesthetic and I honestly loved how the reactions of the normal people were done (The tournament arc where gohan grew up before the buu thing, I still think that was really good.. Or it might be my nostalgia talking.)

Well. I like Gundam, Evangelion, and Macross/Robotech. All three anime were military mecha and real robot theme.

Well. I like Gundam, Evangelion, and Macross/Robotech. All three anime were military mecha and real robot theme.

Robotech was the shit, even if it was horribly dubbed and edited.

1. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan for the butthurt)
  2. EVA
  3. DBZ
  4. Fate/ Stay
  5. Bakemonogatari (all of them)
  6. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (I just couldn't get into it as much as Index)

And probably some others as well.

Other than that, Sol already knows that I just adore SAO as it's exactly what I want from my anime. While it certainly does have flaws, it is still one my all time favorites and probably will always be. And don't pick fights with me. I really don't care much for your opinions because in the end I will still have my own.

Fate/ Stay

You can't be overrated if you are utter crap.

Tell that to all the fanboys...

But everybody knows that the Fate/Stay Night anime is terribad and that you should avoid it like the plague and play the original Visual Novel (which is pretty good, actually) instead.

But everybody knows that the Fate/Stay Night anime is terribad and that you should avoid it like the plague and play the original Visual Novel (which is pretty good, actually) instead.

I don't know how bad Fate/Stay is, but it can't be worse than the Valkyria Chronicles anime, can it?

I don't know how bad Fate/Stay is, but it can't be worse than the Valkyria Chronicles anime, can it?

Haven't watched Valkyria Chronicles myself, but F/SN is one of the worst "adaptations" I've ever seen.