• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

22 posts in this topic

Namco Bandai announced that Ace Combat Infinity will be released with full version on May 20, 2014 in Japan, May 28, 2014 in Europe, and somewhere in during or after May 2014 in North America for PS3-only. Man, I want to play this game. But there is a rumor that Namco Bandai will upgrade the exclusive into PS4 version. It's free-to-play and the beta was ended on February 11, 2014. I haven't try the beta version due to visiting in Laos. I am the huge fan of Ace Combat. I love flying the jet fighter. My favorite vehicle class of Battlefield series is Jet Fighter (both Interceptor Jet Fighter (Stealth Jet Figher in Battlefield 4) and Ground Attack Jet Fighter are my favorite). I referred F-35.

Ace_Combat_Infinity_Cover_Art.png

Edited by MasterChiefSnake

sweet thanks for sharing this information  ;)

You're welcome. ^_^

Okay. I have found it that Namco Bandai America confirmed that Ace Combat Infinity will be released on May 27, 2014 for North America.

Downloaded the game via Japanese PSN account.

Went to play this game on my US PSN account, turns out this game is already in full English translation when I started it up (probably due ot autodection).

My complaints:

1) If you played Gundam Battle Operation (which I am assuming that no one besides me have), its not a true FTP. You get what is called Supplied Fuel. You get 3 of them. To play one game, you use one fuel, simple enough. However, when you use the fuel, it will take 4 hours to recharge ONE fuel.

2) To play campaign, it requires one Supplied Fuel. You can counter this by buying the Unlimited Supplied Full Pass for Campaign Only but as of right now, it doesn't exist yet since the US version is not even out yet.

3) You have another ticket or fuel called Stock Fuel. Stock Fuel give you more reward in terms of credits. You can get these either by random when you complete a mission or by doing challenges. If you don't want that, you can buy Stock Fuel via PSN Store. Either way, its their way to make money

4) Lack of plane camo schemes (though its a nitpick since it just came out). The F-4 Phantom II is the only plane with camo (USAF VIetnam Camo and Hellhound Camo)

5) Only five missions (with the exception of the secret battle against the Aigigon in two stages).

6) Has a long grinding system, so no early F-22 or Pak-50 for you nutcases who glory stealth fighters.

Pros:

1) It's Ace Combat from its finest days (from AC:2 - AC:6, not that shitty AC:AH).

2) Plays very smoothly, harldy an lag issue.

3) Jets, lots of it (my favorite right now is the MiG-21).

4) English voice cast, like all of the AC game, fabulous

5) The missions are very fun to play and playing it again and again makes for such competitiveness

6) Co-op up to 4-8 players, all on the same team, but competeing each other by who can rack the most points

7) Unlock parts that benefit your fighter's or weapon's stats

8) Lots of AC references from previous titles

9) Morgan Fighter from AC:Zero (Until 8/5/2014).

Overall, I would rate this somwhere between a 6.875 to a 7.5 out of 10. Why? If it weren't for the fact that its one of those "free to play, but give us more money so you can some more" type of game, I would of given it a 8 tops. I mean, Namco Bandai could of done better to make money from this than forcing us to pay to play some more, like having decals or camo scheme from previous AC titles, or hell, give us the IdolM@ster! camo scheme. I could understand paying for boost like earning more credits or research point, I could understand that, but making us pay to play more? PC FTP games like WT, WoT, Dota, or hell, even LoL don't do that and they still make money. Other than that, its a good game. Played for about 4-5 hours already, and yes, I do plan to waste money on this FTP game *sigh*.

Aircrafts I have already unlock:

F-4 Phantom II (starter)

F-4G Phantom II

F-16 Falcon

MiG-21 Fishbed

Su-25T Frogfoot

Mirage-2000-5

ARVE-Harrier II

F-14D Tomcat

If you want to play with me, pm my PSN account, Raven-Fang. Usually on around 12-8 P.M. US/Canada Pacific Coast. Anyhow, off dancing with the angels!

BTW, still waiting for the Shinden Kai II and Norsferatu to be in the game...

Legolas_Katarn likes this

Downloaded the game via Japanese PSN account.

Went to play this game on my US PSN account, turns out this game is already in full English translation when I started it up (probably due ot autodection).

My complaints:

1) If you played Gundam Battle Operation (which I am assuming that no one besides me have), its not a true FTP. You get what is called Supplied Fuel. You get 3 of them. To play one game, you use one fuel, simple enough. However, when you use the fuel, it will take 4 hours to recharge ONE fuel.

2) To play campaign, it requires one Supplied Fuel. You can counter this by buying the Unlimited Supplied Full Pass for Campaign Only but as of right now, it doesn't exist yet since the US version is not even out yet.

3) You have another ticket or fuel called Stock Fuel. Stock Fuel give you more reward in terms of credits. You can get these either by random when you complete a mission or by doing challenges. If you don't want that, you can buy Stock Fuel via PSN Store. Either way, its their way to make money

4) Lack of plane camo schemes (though its a nitpick since it just came out). The F-4 Phantom II is the only plane with camo (USAF VIetnam Camo and Hellhound Camo)

5) Only five missions (with the exception of the secret battle against the Aigigon in two stages).

6) Has a long grinding system, so no early F-22 or Pak-50 for you nutcases who glory stealth fighters.

Pros:

1) It's Ace Combat from its finest days (from AC:2 - AC:6, not that shitty AC:AH).

2) Plays very smoothly, harldy an lag issue.

3) Jets, lots of it (my favorite right now is the MiG-21).

4) English voice cast, like all of the AC game, fabulous

5) The missions are very fun to play and playing it again and again makes for such competitiveness

6) Co-op up to 4-8 players, all on the same team, but competeing each other by who can rack the most points

7) Unlock parts that benefit your fighter's or weapon's stats

8) Lots of AC references from previous titles

9) Morgan Fighter from AC:Zero (Until 8/5/2014).

Overall, I would rate this somwhere between a 6.875 to a 7.5 out of 10. Why? If it weren't for the fact that its one of those "free to play, but give us more money so you can some more" type of game, I would of given it a 8 tops. I mean, Namco Bandai could of done better to make money from this than forcing us to pay to play some more, like having decals or camo scheme from previous AC titles, or hell, give us the IdolM@ster! camo scheme. I could understand paying for boost like earning more credits or research point, I could understand that, but making us pay to play more? PC FTP games like WT, WoT, Dota, or hell, even LoL don't do that and they still make money. Other than that, its a good game. Played for about 4-5 hours already, and yes, I do plan to waste money on this FTP game *sigh*.

Aircrafts I have already unlock:

F-4 Phantom II (starter)

F-4G Phantom II

F-16 Falcon

MiG-21 Fishbed

Su-25T Frogfoot

Mirage-2000-5

ARVE-Harrier II

F-14D Tomcat

If you want to play with me, pm my PSN account, Raven-Fang. Usually on around 12-8 P.M. US/Canada Pacific Coast. Anyhow, off dancing with the angels!

BTW, still waiting for the Shinden Kai II and Norsferatu to be in the game...

Hey. You must be new. Go to Introduce yourself and tell us about yourself. I need to know about you during the interview.

Hey. You must be new. Go to Introduce yourself and tell us about yourself. I need to know about you during the interview.

I did just yesterday. Just scroll into the introduction area and you'll find my introduction.

I did just yesterday. Just scroll into the introduction area and you'll find my introduction.

Oh yes. Sorry, my bad. I just forgot and I haven't looked everyone. So I will tell you about the games I've played.

Just did a couple of sorties today for the first time & I"m very pleased with it. The new online co-op mission is a neat feature. Now I wished they just released a full game for 60$ instead of the pay2play fuel hazzle. 

Now I wished they just released a full game for 60$ instead of the pay2play fuel hazzle. 

^

This. With this pay2play system on a game that suppose to be a free2play, it begs the question of why didn't they turn this into a full game. In fact, I would prefer having Infinity to have been a full $60 game. After the horrendous of what was Assault Horizon, AC needs another lead title game. This should of been our answer, but the p2p ruin it for me completely.

^

This. With this pay2play system on a game that suppose to be a free2play, it begs the question of why didn't they turn this into a full game. In fact, I would prefer having Infinity to have been a full $60 game. After the horrendous of what was Assault Horizon, AC needs another lead title game. This should of been our answer, but the p2p ruin it for me completely.

Well I did do a pretty good long run today. Thx to the completion of challenges that rewarded me with stock fuel I was able to keep on going and going. Now I stopped because I already completed all challenges that reward me with fuel. I have 10 stock fuel in reserve now for future bigger challenges. Will fly tomorrow again with the 3 supply fuel. 

I wanted to get the SU 35 as fast as possible but DANG!!! It sure takes a while and I'm not sure whether I'm doing the right thing. That skill tree doesn't want to evolve? Maybe because I just bought the Tomcat and I'm flying with the Tomcat? Should I play with the Fishbed then to further the progress of that skill tree?

I wanted to get the SU 35 as fast as possible but DANG!!! It sure takes a while and I'm not sure whether I'm doing the right thing. That skill tree doesn't want to evolve? Maybe because I just bought the Tomcat and I'm flying with the Tomcat? Should I play with the Fishbed then to further the progress of that skill tree?

No, the research in that game is pure random. It will research whatever it wants to research. Since you seen the tree ark, you know that you need to research at least 2-5 parts in general before you get the next plane. Like I warn, if your expecting your 5th or 6th gen fighters, good luck.

No, the research in that game is pure random. It will research whatever it wants to research. Since you seen the tree ark, you know that you need to research at least 2-5 parts in general before you get the next plane. Like I warn, if your expecting your 5th or 6th gen fighters, good luck.

Yeah I know what you mean. In the beginning it went all pretty well and you unlock at a fairly rapid pace. But after some time it kinda stalls hard. Way to much to research and if it does, it barely progresses  :wacko:

Unfortunately, in June 3, 2014, Namco Bandai need to fix and adding new innovations such as aircraft, co-op missions, single-player campaign missions, new upgrade parts, and everything. After 3 days in maintenance, they will be open back to online.

Yeah yesterday I wanted to do my 3 sorties and was bumped to find out they are doing maintenance. But then I was quiet surprised it would take 3 days. 

I wonder if we will loose 3days of benefits of 'the first 10 days after playing online'. The extra credits and occassional stock fuels were always more then welcome (since everything progresses so slowly). 

Am i the only one who hopes that they re-release the old games as a remastered pack like they have been with other playstation franchises? dont get me wrong i enjoy Infinity, its just i really like the classics from the golden days haha

Am i the only one who hopes that they re-release the old games as a remastered pack like they have been with other playstation franchises? dont get me wrong i enjoy Infinity, its just i really like the classics from the golden days haha

You mindreader ;):D

That would definitely be an instant buy! :D 

It's alright but now I'm just wishing for a new retail one, one that uses a battle system like 6 did with you supporting different units, not one with the dogfighting system that the last one had.

Am i the only one who hopes that they re-release the old games as a remastered pack like they have been with other playstation franchises?

Yeah, I'd like to see a 3 pack of the PS2 ones.

A new tournament got announced today where you can win a Special edition of the F14 Tomcat, namely the F14 Wardog which has better starter stats then the standard F14 and even the F14 Zipang drop. You have to fly in a F14 or Zipang to rank points for this event. Those who don't use a F14 and use other planes will gather rank points for the General tournament which is taking place at the same time. 

Judging how I ended up in rank during the First Mercenary King tournament and the last A10 skin tournament (only mainly relying on the supply fuel), I highly doubt I'll get even close to the first 1000 players to obtain the F14 Wardog. 

Although I find it sad, I hope it becomes a success aswell possible future tournament where you could win a Mobius F22, Yellow SU 37 Terminator, Cypher F15, Pixy Morgan, etc. I hope this will all result in a new AC game where you just have to pay 60€ and that's it. No more Free2Play please. Oh and while they are at it, I wouldn't mind a PS4 AC game :P Finally a reason to actually get the PS4  :lol: (but I do want killer graphics in return  :ph34r:  :P  :lol: ) Of course a HD remake of the PS2 classics on PS3 is more then welcome aswell ;) 

I'd have more motivation to play this more if it weren't for the 4hr wait time for 1 unit of fuel.

Gundam Battle OP was 2hrs for 1 fuel unit, why does this game which is no different be twice as long? :v

By now (I have been playing it the last month with 6 sorties a day at least) I would be motivated to play on with the release of more co-op maps PLUS increased spawn rating of Moby Dick III Those lasers are way to much fun to make them so goddamn rare. Either increase the spawn rate of Moby Dick III OR install those lasers on Moby Dick I & II

Another suggestion is the implementation of ACE level during co-op & increase the number of air & ground targets when both squads are flying high tier planes or high level planes. Some games are really awefull where you see players acting like extremely hungry hyena's to get killsteal as many targets as they can get, just to get more points at the end. 

Yea, I've been playing this since it was released in beta and so far I've been happy with how things have progressed, then again I'm pretty much just doing the online Co-Op missions at the moment