• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SirSeaBiscuit

What PC Gaming Company is Best?

36 posts in this topic

Which one gives the best bang for the buck?

I'm looking into a gaming rig, or possibly even a laptop b/c my mother believes if I get a gaming desktop I'll wind up being 30 years old living in her basement.  <_<

So anyway, what company is the best for buying PC's/Laptops?

Faravahar1200 likes this

I love ubisoft,square enix and Bethesda companies and I think all this companies I prefer are  best :]

I would cyberpower is quite good they have a wide variety of customizations they allow to do so you can build ur own budget pc or just go all out crazy to build the best pc

but if ur looking for a laptop a recommend asus

I love ubisoft,square enix and Bethesda companies and I think all this companies I prefer are  best :]

Projekt-Red is the most friendly toward PC gamers. 

I'm surprised two people made this mistake. He means PC manufacturers, people!

Hmm, I realize that someone mentioned Cyberpower. However if you are looking for a more common in store computer brand.

Lenovo - I put this in because if you get the warranty and something breaks they will simply fix the problem with little fuss. Have to send it in, but usually fast response in my experience.

HP - I have never had a major issue with HP, though I am sure some people have for me they have generally been strong.

The two listed above I have experience with their laptops, so if you choose to go that route then more power to you. But always take what people, including myself, say with a grain of salt my friend and you will do fine :)

Alienware.

I wouldn't go with alienware as you pay a lot of extra money for all of the cool lights and everything they put on their computers. I personally use an asus gaming computer. Although I noticed some people mentioned cyber power and found this pc on amazon that looks like a fantastic deal. Here is a link http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-GUA250-FX-4100-Gaming-Desktop/dp/B005TJKGTM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400437499&sr=8-2&keywords=cyberpower+pc

Doshka17 likes this

For reliable Laptops, I like Toshiba. For building, I like going with MSI. There's also EVGA and Gigabyte that are pretty good for Motherboards and graphics cards. for RAM I like going with Corsair or G.SKILL. Corsair is also good for PSUs. Hard Drive, WD or Seagate

So what I got so far is desktop, get cyber power.

And for laptop, get an Asus. I guess this is the general consensus.

Build your own, the end.

Not too knowledgeable in that department, even if I watched a step by step guide it would be difficult.

I've just found hardware I want and got a guy buld it for me. It was cheaper than to buy one. 

You lose a lot of bang for your buck by going for a laptop to game on.

Not too knowledgeable in that department, even if I watched a step by step guide it would be difficult.

It really isn't difficult at all. If you can put together a lego set, you can build a pc (lego instructions are 100x more difficult).

Gone too likes this

Regarding laptops, I say that Sager is a great company. The aesthetics of the laptop are very sleek in design. Not to mention their excellent performance!

It's literally Lego's with electronic components, plug this in here, hook that up there, you don't need experience to build a computer, all you need is common sense.

I wish more people would read before they post. *sigh*  If you are going for a gaming laptop, I like: Asus, HP, Lenovo & MSI. Most of the others are okay, but cost too much for what you get.

Fuck everything, get a Mac and you'll be the coolest kid in the block! Everything else is just garbage!

Honestly, though, I'd get an Asus for a laptop, for a desktop I'd ask my friend to help me build one as I'm also not tech-savvy at all.

Just build your own mate. No problems, no hassles, no overpriced bs :D

*desktop wise*

Joda likes this

you don't need experience to build a computer, all you need is common sense.

you need some experience, say watch a video to familiarise yourself before doing it for the first time ever being a non tech savvy person - who before being a tech savvy, would have gotten some experience somewhere anyhow.

i sy razor bkase itz expansivez and poodeepie uzes it sew it mast bee god rigt?

• Lenovo
  • Hewitt Packard
  • Alienware-Dell (Remarkably)
  • MSI
  • Cyberpower

EDIT: If you are going for a laptop, try HP, Lenovo, MSI, or ASUS. Alienwares laptops are overpriced (although their desktops are pretty reasonable), and I'm not sure if Cyberpower even makes laptops.

Laptops are fine for gaming, but I would recommend a desktop.

-I own a Alienware Aurora R4, it was a good purchase. Very powerful system, and I chose the components myself.

I was kidding about the alienware lol

But seriously I went from 0 knowledge to building my own rig easily. It really REALLY is as easy to do as people say. And its cheap. And by god when you hit that power button the first time and hear the fans kick in and see the bios load, make sure you have someone nearby to high five because it feels awesome.

Gone too likes this

Well, I personally use a MSI laptop, and I do recommend MSI or ACER if you want to get a laptop. In my experience, those 2 companies give the best cost-performance ratio. If you want to create a desktop though, just make one. They aren't hard to make, I disassembled and reassembled in a software class for the first time a couple of days ago in my software class, and it surprised me how easy it was. It really is just making a Lego set, and I have made plenty of Lego sets. In fact, Lego is fucking harder because they are a billion tiny pieces which can cause incredible amounts of pain if you step on one. Hardware components are massive, and they aren't a lot of them to sort through. You just have to be slow and careful with it, and it'll take max 2-3 hours with your first time, and you will get better performances than pre-assembled desktops, not to mention cheaper than most desktops (cough cough Alienware).