• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glaice

GOG considering Early Access

7 posts in this topic

Early access would be good if there would be punishments for abandonment etc. But nope.

I would be negative if GOG had the same history of Steam, with the refund policy (properly modified to cover the matter of the Early Acces) i think they can actually make a good use of this practice.

If GoG has set rules to not allow developers to do as they please as on Steam, maybe it won't be as bad.

i dont care who adopts it... i will never buy an early access game again. not on gog, steam, origin... PSN / xbox live, not anywhere.

devs need to learn to finish a game before expecting people to buy it. devs need to also learn that their sales are likely to be low forever if the game ever was an early access game.

and no, players should not be so naive to think it's good to be part of the development process, supposedly helping devs make the game faster because they can iron out bugs and broken parts of the game. if a dev is not skilled enough to be confident in their development process to KNOW whether their game works or not, and can't even be bothered to get different gaming platforms / hardware to test their game themselves... then they shouldn't even be bothering to make the game.

if you don't put love, soul, and passion into making a video game, there will no love, soul, or passion made towards the game by the person who is supposed to buy it.

i dont care who adopts it... i will never buy an early access game again. not on gog, steam, origin... PSN / xbox live, not anywhere.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think they'll do it though. GOG said that they'd have to make the alphas DRM free and be fair. If GOG is to be believed (And I'd like to believe them), then I don't think Early Access will find its way onto GOG with that criteria in place. Which honestly is a positive.