• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Major Gosnell

Anti Cheat Campaign taken down Why,

7 posts in this topic

So my earlier post calling out the council on having VAC BANNED players has been deleted.I havent been given an explanation nor spoken with,is this what the AJSA Stands for Censorship.Before this is locked or deleted answer why my post was deleted.

In my limited experience, having a post deleted does normally have a reason yes.

However, making a new post asking about it tends to end the same way as the first, normally with more penalties attached.

I'm going to tell you the same thing that I tell everyone else, ask a mod. They will most likely have an answer.

From what you were saying in the post it looked like you were personally attacking one of the members. And frankly you seemed to be looking to start some kind of a witch hunt and asking that member to give explain themselves to you.

Which they do not have to do.

I don't see how a past ban should affect anyone's status in AJSA. This should be a free community for games to discuss games and issues. 

And frankly it none of our business why someone got a ban on Steam as long as it doesn't affect the community. Anyone ever see that episode of The Office where they find out that one of the new starters has been in prison? And then the guy has to quit his job because Michael makes his life unbearable? Yeah that's kind of what you're doing with this. 

If a person AJSA was to cheat in a match with AJSA tag on their name and receive a ban whilst representing an AJSA Clan or guild - that's a different matter and even then it's for the other mods admins etc to decide. Not mob justice.

Legolas_Katarn likes this

Or delrith can explain himself and put it to a comunity vote,do we want a known cheater as comunity manager.

From what you were saying in the post it looked like you were personally attacking one of the members. And frankly you seemed to be looking to start some kind of a witch hunt and asking that member to give explain themselves to you.

Which they do not have to do.

I don't see how a past ban should affect anyone's status in AJSA. This should be a free community for games to discuss games and issues. 

And frankly it none of our business why someone got a ban on Steam as long as it doesn't affect the community. Anyone ever see that episode of The Office where they find out that one of the new starters has been in prison? And then the guy has to quit his job because Michael makes his life unbearable? Yeah that's kind of what you're doing with this. 

If a person AJSA was to cheat in a match with AJSA tag on their name and receive a ban whilst representing an AJSA Clan or guild - that's a different matter and even then it's for the other mods admins etc to decide. Not mob justice.

from what this person has said OP, if to be true, then it was right to have the post deleted.

It was moved by a moderator because it's a non necessary thread that doesn't need to be creating drama within the community.

If you read the CoC you'll be able to see our rules on cheating are pretty clear. We generally allow people to start fresh here without any fear of being judged for previous actions they've taken (Especially when it's 4+ years ago) and only punish for when they're banned WHILE active in the community. There has been multiple threads on this.

As far as VAC bans go, we do not hold them to much regard because there have been NUMEROUS occasions of false positives by VAC on accounts.

• There are seven recorded instances of incorrect detections, which were fixed and rescinded:
    1. VAC1: On its initial release, VAC would issue bans for faulty memory. Valve quickly updated VAC to only kick for faulty memory.[24]
    2. VAC1: Running a VAC-protected game through the Cedega software compatibility layer for Linux.[25]
    3. VAC1: An apparent server-side glitch on April 1, 2004.[26]
    4. VAC2: Over two weeks in July 2010, approximately 12,000 owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 were banned when Steam updated a DLL file on-disk after it had been loaded into memory by the game. Those affected received a free copy of Left 4 Dead 2 or an extra copy to send as a gift.[27][28][29]
    5. VAC2: In January 2011, owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty: Black Ops were banned due to their computers being infected by the trojan Win32/Spyeye.H.[30]
    6. VAC2: In June 2011, an unknown false positive detection caused a handful of Team Fortress 2 owners to become banned.[31]
    7. VAC3: In February 2014, a number of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players were falsely banned, the bans were eventually reversed.[32]
  • There are four recorded instances of game plugins that are not considered cheats triggering bans or kicks. These are:
    1. VAC1: HLamp, which allowed the user to control Winamp from the game's interface.[33]
    2. VAC2: The X-Spectate tool, which allowed server administrators to enable a translucent wallhack effect while spectating to help decide if another player was doing the same. Later downgraded to a kick from the server, but bans not rescinded.[34]
    3. VAC2: Some Half-Life modifications, such as Paranoia[35] and Half-Life FX which made changes to the engine's renderer that propagated to multiplayer games. This triggers a kick.
    4. VAC1 and VAC2: sXe Injected, an anti-cheat system for Counter-Strike

A lot of those bans were NOT rescinded, such as my MW2 modded lobby ban which persists to this day, and the Gary's mod ban from modded files when they suddenly added VAC.

However, we do take Punkbuster (Memory scanning only, you have to inject) bans very seriously and generally handle it in a quiet fashion when a member is banned from anything while they're in the community.

I ask that you educate yourself on manners before attempting to stir up drama.

Thanks! - Del