• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Delrith

Lets build a castle!

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Lets get our castle done in game as soon as the guild is founded and we're getting a ton of steam!

Now a lot of you may be asking: What is a castle and why do we need one?

A castle in ArcheAge is something a guild can acquire with an extremely high amount of resources that grants them control over an actual part of the game. This allows them to tax the land, create quests, get costumes (Which give stat buffs and other awesome stuff) and get other cosmetic items currently not available to anyone else.

The costumes are given via lord coins, which are given out at the end of every week to the lord. We will be awarding these coins (Which purchase costumes) to the people who assist the most via volume of ore, gold, or other resources to the guild. Those who help get rewarded!

A castle also gives people a lot of pulling power, recruiting power, gold, and other majorly important things in ArcheAge. As of right now, there are two castle spots left to be claimed in the Alpha. As Sieges (Stealing castles) are currently not implemented, there's no downside to pushing for one before everyone else.

They're also really freakin' badass.

What do we need to do to contribute to getting said castle?

Quite a bit, actually.. but mostly mine! The cost of a castle is extravagantly high. Mining will be the most important thing you can do to assist the guild (Which will be rewarded based on who donates the most with costumes in order) - The best place currently to mine is Glitterstone, although there are a lot of other areas you can find ore in the world to contribute to this.

HERE'S WHAT WE NEED

500 Gold bars (1500 gold ore)

500 Silver bars (1500 silver ore)

50 Archeum Ingots

50 Blood Archeum - Gained from PVPing (Each person needs to donate as much as possible.. Arenas are the best way to get this!)

250 Nui Tears (Crafting Cost)

250 Gilda Stars (Crafting cost)

We're also going to need a TON of Iron ore, gold, and other things to get the castle built after we claim the land. The gold will be for the taxes.

It is possible with about 20 people doing this to get it done in a few days. We're going to push for a TON of people to do it as much as possible and get it as quickly as possible as we are late to the game.

HOW DO I SEND WHAT I GET?

Mail it directly in game to Delrith. Make sure you put what you donated and when you donated in the email so I don't lose track.

We have the ability to do this, lets get this happening, Angry Army!

-Cheers, Del

Matuko likes this

If I may make a recommendation as to castle design. This wasn't done very often during the hayday but a few castle walls and forts took the layout of a Star of David/ Pentagram. This made sieges difficult as well as provided many spots to rain down arrows and other nasty bits on the people trying to siege your castle. If possible I think we should give this layout a try either in Alpha or during beta to see if the theory works in practice since the alpha/beta will not be carrying over to launch.

yea, but don't count me to be the one who brings the suplies, the guard maby but not the transporter.

A group of friends and myself are all planning on playing the game ASAP and would be happy to contribute the the castle land claim and construction.

I would like to help, but if something happen to my ebay items sell I will gladly get the $150 one. So far as I look into it it may turn me off because of all the hard work that you put in will just disappear by some random people. As I said before I will play this religiously and help you out to make that castle hopefully to see you there =).

Well i would love to help, but i really don't have acces yet.

But i am gonna help when i get said acces.

I'm wondering if it's worth $150 you have to drop on it just to join the alpha. Though the chance to design your own cloak and symbol to put on your armor has me widening if I should put the money down or not.

Does the castle and land transfer over to retail?  I'm assuming not and this is more of a trial run to get the most out of the Alpha experience?

Would love to join you but i have to wait till the game goes F2P the game cost is much too high for me.

I am up for build an AJSA castle in archeage i have already sing up for beta hopping i can get in with any one else who singed up for it but i will defiantly be playing this game and joining the AJSA guild when it releases and i will be helping out maybe guarding the trade routes for the supplies to build it or to help build the castle (as soon as i know how to build one in the game) :). LONG LIVE THE ANGRY ARMY! (also it is free to play)

Is this still happening? I've recently joined the game on my toon 'Alimas' (Eastern) and have been hoping to drop in on the fun. However I have not seen Delrith online for 3 days (during my play hours) in the game. Is there anyone else I can talk to, to get in on the team? Or is there anyone who wants a newby friend in the game? :3

I've been signed up for the beta for a good long while now and hopefully will be in all or at least most of the beta runs. What kind of guild should we be should be the question we should be asking. I know building a castle is cool but the guilds that will have castles built will be the larger guilds who have the money and members to do so. So what will we do to make money? Mercs? Farmers? Traders? Caravan guards/organizers? Or will we say screw everyone and be a guild of pirates and just take what we want?

I got accepted to the Beta this week and played a fair bit yesterday.  I'm very excited about opening up my own little Smithy and be a professional crafter.. but to be honest, the linear "tutorial" and force-fed story are losing me fast.  If I do make it beyond that, I'll be glad to help out with this.

Will such things even make it out of Alpha into the live server when it comes out?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0