• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AtlasTheStrong

Man of Steel Sequel Title is...

24 posts in this topic

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. 

What are your guys thoughts on this?

I think it is awful and a huge slap in the face to Superman fans like myself. 

Why don't they call it Batman bin Suparman: Indonesian Justice? Or Bats of Steel? Or Justice League Prologue? 

Whats wrong with it?  Names in alphabetical order in movie titles is common place.  Dont look too much into it just because Batmans name is first doesnt mean anything.  I swear people look for any excuse to complain nowadays.

Whats wrong with it?  Names in alphabetical order in movie titles is common place.  Dont look too much into it just because Batmans name is first doesnt mean anything.  I swear people look for any excuse to complain nowadays.

I think perhaps that peoples problem with the title Is not an alphabetic one, but that this film was supposed to be a Man of Steel sequel, but now with the inclusion of Batman, and the "Dawn of Justice" sub-title It's heavily implied that this is less a Man of Steel sequel, and more of a Justice League prequel.

I would have thought people would know that with how the film has been portrayed.  Its pretty obvious that it is more of a prelude to a Justice league film.

The Superman fans are just upset because they aren't getting at least 1 more pure Superman film, understandebly.

They're just going through the motions, healing Is a process you know.

The Superman fans are just upset because they aren't getting at least 1 more pure Superman film, understandebly.

They're just going through the motions, healing Is a process you know.

Very true but them im a big superman fan but not to concerned about this. But then didnt most hardcore Supes fans complain about man of steal?? so why would it concern them too much tht its now going in this direction?

Very true but them im a big superman fan but not to concerned about this. But then didnt most hardcore Supes fans complain about man of steal?? so why would it concern them too much tht its now going in this direction?

Actually, I think most Superman fans were pleased with Man of Steel, and of course they'd like more character development. The more hardcore fans might feel a little bit cheated too since Batman fans were treated with the Dark Knight trilogy.

But now, the Superman character from MoS Is probably gonna get fucked up since that's the way It tends to go with DC movies lately. He's probably not going to be offered the same level of character development now the he has to share the film with Batman and Wonder Woman.

Also, for a while now DC has been trying to compete with Marvel movie wise, since Marvel is on a roll with their cinematic universe, but most of DCs newer movies trying to lay the groundwork for a Justice League film have been very dissapointing. People fear that this one will take what was a good concept (Man of Steel) and horribly mess it up in the name of trying to compete with Marvel.

My thing is, not only did Superman not gets his next movie by himself. Batman doesn't even get a single movie by himself! Everyone knows they are rushing things to catch up with the Avengers, but really? Batman doesn't get his own movie? Sorry, but I'm still not over it.

Could they not have just called it Dawn of Justice? Or just left the 'Vs' out of the title? Batman Superman : Dawn of Justice - Works

Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice - sounds straight to DVD

So what? Who gives a shit what it's called? It makes no difference.

Huge slap in the face for Superman fans like yourself? Why, because Batman's name is first? That's dumb.

I swear, any news about this new Batman vs Superman movie, no matter what it is, is always treated with resounding negativity.

"This just in: the new Batman vs Superman movie will be filmed in the United States."

"Why not film it in Canada, huh? As a Canadian, I feel left out!"

Learn to calm down, and stop being so negative.

7thFrost likes this

I swear, any news about this new Batman vs Superman movie, no matter what it is, is always treated with resounding negativity.

Yep and it will just get worse. I remember when people were commenting about still for the Dark Knight Rises like you could judge a movie based solely on stills.

Also Batman has had loads of movies recently - we don't NEED a new Batman solo movie - at least not yet.

Also Batman has had loads of movies recently - we don't NEED a new Batman solo movie - at least not yet.

Those Batman films were another universe, and character. You know how Marvel gave all It's heroes their own movie? That was to introduce the characters, and offer some initial character development.

Since the new Affleck Batman (BatFleck?) Is a new character, people think he should get a new introduction movie as well, rather then get tossed in with Superman, and Wonder Woman and whoever else they can cram into this one.

You know how Marvel gave all It's heroes their own movie? 

Sure but not all those movies were actually that good. Thor was Okay (I know a lot of people liked it more than I did though) Capt America was Okay (I know a lot of people DIDN'T like that one as much as I did) and Incredible Hulk was Massively average. Only Iron Man really got the best treatment. (Thor and Cap sequels though are Much better than Iron Man 2 or 3 - Just my opinion).

I would have preferred a straight Superman Sequel yes and I would have liked to have seen a new Batman first BUT this is the road they've gone down and I can see why. This film will be the new intro to Batman in this universe.

If I had to guess the plot will revolve around Batman being seen as a villain at first who the Govt send Supes to fight a la Dark Knight Returns.

As Clarke learns who Batman is the Audience learns who Batman really is.  

This film is called Batman vs Superman so I would hope that the conflict is more than just a one minute fight in the woods then Best Friends forever like in Avengers. Their conflict should be a main focus of the plot before the true big bad raises it's head. 

If you think of Batman as the 'Villain' in this movie it kind of makes sense most villains in Superhero movies appear in only one film (some rare exceptions) and that film basically becomes THEIR film in the Franchise. They get introduced fleshed out and have a full character arc. There's no reason you can'd do this with Batman.

In short the film could work better BECAUSE we haven't seen this version of Batman before.

As for other justice leagues there is no reason to suspect that every man and his dog will be suited and booted by the end of this one movie. 

Watch episode one of Sepctacular Spider-Man - that episode introduce: Norman and Harry Osborn, Doctor Curt Connors, Eddie Brock, Otto Octavius, The enforcers, Tombstone and the Vulture.

That's like 10 villains in the first episode BUT the episode still has one central conflict a central theme and a resolution. Apart from Vulture all the other characters are Intros and it doesn't feel cluttered at all but surprisingly natural.

As long as the new Movie Emulates this approach I have faith that it will be a success.

But yeah if it doesn't we're screwed.

Pretty generic title. Everyone was calling it "Batman vs Superman" so they kinda went with it but left out the "s" in "vs" to be different I guess.

Dawn of Justice is there to announce that Justice League is on the horizon.

But I don't care much for what It's called. 

I perfer Superman v. Batman: Darkness rises

Totally legit

I really do not understand how Batman could possibly fight Superman.

After all Batman, even though badass, is only human.

Who the hell said that sh!t? Everyone knows Batman is a bat.

Who the hell said that sh!t? Everyone knows Batman is a bat.

I always thought he was an octopus.

Why don't they call it Batman bin Suparman: Indonesian Justice? Or Bats of Steel? Or Justice League Prologue? 

What you did there...I get it.

I always thought he was an octopus.

5157893387_e6d110707e.jpg

He did a good job in Frank Miller's novel but superman was weakened (supposedly).

And Batman is sometimes seen as a robot, a man bat and an alien. according to gotham knight.