• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

EarthwormBen

your control method?

42 posts in this topic

So what control method are you using for star citizen? Arty this moment in time I I'll be using my PS3 pad, as I've tried a few flight sticks with freelancer and haven't liked the feel.

No wonder, Freelancer was specificly designed arround mouse+keyboard control. If you want to know how a flight stick will feel in star citizen, try it with starlancer or freespace, but not with freelancer.

I personaly will go for a flightstick or maybe even a hotas.

The first thing i'll try out is mouse and keyboard/speedpad (nostromo n52te). 

I'm somebody who just can't play decently with a gamepad.

At Gamescom i'm hoping to try out a flightstick to know if it would benefit me.

Cause it's a large investment just to figure out if it benefits my playstyle.

I'm sitting on the floor naked shaving my head and then using my own will to move. 

So far I have had problems booting the game.

I'll be using keyboard and mouse... might use the belkin n52te I have lying around:

372.jpg

thats because your mokap suit isnt on correctly  ;)

I think the DFM for me will mainly to be to see what suits me, a lot of people complained about only having single player for a bit, but ill be happy knowing i have the extra time to fine tune my controls.... Keyboard and mouse never works well for me in games, i normally have to assign melee and titan abilities to my mouse's other 4 buttons or i can barely use them fast enough

I'll be using keyboard and mouse... might use the belkin n52te I have lying around:

372.jpg

that seems exactly like what I've wanted for years, yet never knew existed. I like a mouse and controller hybrid setup.... best of both worlds (unless your typing)

^^^^ I love the power glove. It's so bad.....

Ysnar likes this

^^^^ I love the power glove. It's so bad.....

Its absolutely terrible yet so cool lol, that film film that featured it was just such an over hype lol

yup that belkin n52te is awesome, it has been with me though many games, especially (MMO)RPG's with lots of skills work wonders with it.

No finger cramps from uncomfortable key layout for me!

Hmmm.... Very interesting, I've mastered games such as rogue leader star Fox and eterium (as far as you can atm) with a pad, I think my main concern is speed control as eteriums was very basic and the other 2 only have a brake/ boost mechanic

I think it will be hard for people who never used a flightstick to get the same performance out of it, as they could of mouse/keyboard. However, since the game is also about imersion, performance is not everything, get a flightstick just to improve your experience!

Joda likes this

Razer now makes them:

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

http://www.razerzone.com/ap-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo/

Also:

2390160-8747756239-razer.jpg

But I've heard great praise about logitech's version.

10416-img8791s.jpg

I have this one. I feel the stick is a little too small, but I've read that people have swapped it out for a bigger one and that it makes it much more comfortable.

Ysnar likes this

I have a flight-stick and gamepad but prefer a flight-stick. 

372.jpg

I would definitely give this a try!

I'll probably end up using keyboard, I have a 360controller but I don't think I'll like it for this game.

I'm gonna go for a HOTAS setup, but I'm waiting for the SC specific one. Not that I have to have it, it's just I'd rather have a setup that doesn't have any unnecessary buttons or features.

My control method? Accelerate, accelerate, accelerate...

Actually, KBM at first, then a good joystick once I can afford one.

So I thought I would rez this thread, what are people actually liking control wise, noticed that Chris Roberts got good response using a 360 pad at his PAX presentation ( yes I only noticed that recently

Well, KBM is performing well for me, but it doesn't seem like I can invert my mouse axis. Once that gets fixed, I'm pretty sure flight controls are going to be dirt easy to get down.

I tried both keyboard and 360 controller and I have to say I prefer the controller. I would like to play with kbm, but the scheme just doesn't appeal to me.

Hope i have an option to switch yaw and roll on the Joystick, if they do that, joystick will definitely be my favorite.

Sadly the Arena commander doesn't work for me as I would like to test a joystick and mouse configuration.