• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Clumsyninja

What game do you think will win GOTY 2014 based on the info of the games we know coming out?

49 posts in this topic

Of course we do not know for sure, and the games coming out that we are excited for could end up being bad, but just for the sake of it. 

Riddle me this:

Everyone is saying Destiny, or Watch Dogs will win Game of the YEAR, but why do I Edward Nigma have nothing to FEAR? 

...Care for a hint?

No?.. You can't figure it out?.. Oh how sad you fanboys are... If only you had a mind such as mine.. Here is the answer! 

20140307073400-531514764d69a.jpg

As of right now mine are Evolve,Destiny,Watch Dogs,Borderlands: The Pre Sequel,The Crew, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor,Far Cry 4,Order:1886,Smite and Wildstar. Division and Dying Light would be in there too but delays so ill add them to next years possible GOTY list. Typical choices.

The year isnt over yet so ill probably be adding on to that list.

Since Star Citizen doesn't come out this year the only game on my list of proper interest this year is The Crew.

Kingdom Hearts 3

Sadly no chance of that coming out this year.

Sadly no chance of that coming out this year.

Yep or else it definitely would have been included in my list.

As long as there's enough new Stuff in Arkham Knight then yes it could well be a contender- so far only Origins has missed out on a GOTY title and I ptu that down to be too much of a retread of City. Still decent enough but definitely mising that je ne c'est quoi of the rocksteady games.

If you'll allow me to include games that have already been released:

Bravely Default

The Wolf Among Us

Watch Dogs

Dragon Age: Inquisition (hopefully)

Batman: Arkham Knight

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Far Cry 4

are all likely candidates for the gaming media. For me, though, I would probably also include Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and Divinity: Original Sin (I'm afraid the gaming media generally isn't a fan of old-school RPGs).

I  know this a bit off topic but wonder if after the Arkham series is done Rocksteady will create  another super hero game like a Superman or Green Arrow game.

I  know this a bit off topic but wonder if after the Arkham series is done Rocksteady will create  another super hero game like a Superman or Green Arrow game.

We don't know yet, but that said rocksteady is pretty much the only developer I would trust licenses like that! Ince they are the first pretty much since spiderman 2 too get it right.

Riddle me this:

Everyone is saying Destiny, or Watch Dogs will win Game of the YEAR, but why do I Edward Nigma have nothing to FEAR?

...Care for a hint?

No?.. You can't figure it out?.. Oh how sad you fanboys are... If only you had a mind such as mine.. Here is the answer!

20140307073400-531514764d69a.jpg

Wait, Shouldn't you give us a chance to reply first before giving the answer? What's the point of the question if you gave the answer straight away, Edwardddda? (Said in character of the Nostalgia Critic)

It's still too early to tell. Destiny, Dark Souls 2, Arkham Knight if it's bug and glitch free and Watch Dogs are heavy contenders, but a surprise entry can take the crown and beat everyone. The award for best licensed game of the year is definitely earned by South Park the Stick of Truth. Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead season 2 can become one, if it's not released in 2013 before.

As long as there's enough new Stuff in Arkham Knight then yes it could well be a contender- so far only Origins has missed out on a GOTY title and I ptu that down to be too much of a retread of City. Still decent enough but definitely mising that je ne c'est quoi of the rocksteady games.

Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady though. Different team.. 

Wait, Shouldn't you give us a chance to reply first before giving the answer? What's the point of the question if you gave the answer straight away, Edwardddda? (Said in character of the Nostalgia Critic)

It's still too early to tell. Destiny, Dark Souls 2, Arkham Knight if it's bug and glitch free and Watch Dogs are heavy contenders, but a surprise entry can take the crown and beat everyone. The award for best licensed game of the year is definitely earned by South Park the Stick of Truth. Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead season 2 can become one, if it's not released in 2013 before.

lol I know, i just wanted to get to the point. A lot of people liked my riddle on IGN, but i decided to just give the answer this time.  I said first that all the games we think could win this year could end up sucking. I know Batman could not be as good as the others but i highly doubt it.. For one Origins was made by a different team, not Rocksteady who made Citry, and Asylum. Stick of Truth has not earned best licensed game of all time though, Batman Arkham games hold that still.

Origins was good, but not as good as they other two games, but like i said..Different team.. I hope every game you announced is great, and this end up being one of the best year for gamers.. Still hope Batman Arkham Knight wins though, one of my favorite franchises of all time. 

Kaz32 likes this

lol I know, i just wanted to get to the point. A lot of people liked my riddle on IGN, but i decided to just give the answer this time. I said first that all the games we think could win this year could end up sucking. I know Batman could not be as good as the others but i highly doubt it.. For one Origins was made by a different team, not Rocksteady who made Citry, and Asylum. Stick of Truth has not earned best licensed game of all time though, Batman Arkham games hold that still.

Origins was good, but not as good as they other two games, but like i said..Different team.. I hope every game you announced is great, and this end up being one of the best year for gamers.. Still hope Batman Arkham Knight wins though, one of my favorite franchises of all time.

Oh yeah! Batman IS a licensed video game after all. Arkham Knight will win best licensed game of the year for sure.

Let me correct myself: The best licensed game based on a tv show or movie is definitely South Park the Stick of Truth.

I don't think Batman Arkham Knight will win Game of the Year though because it'll be similar to Arkham City, only this time you can use the bat mobile, and new gadgets, and new combat moves. It's not really ground breaking like it was back in 2011. It's one of the best games of the year for sure, but probably not the best. Games like Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Watch Dogs and maybe a surprise contender are going to be heavy contenders for it.

Damn, this year is crazy.

Oh yeah! Batman IS a licensed video game after all. Arkham Knight will win best licensed game of the year for sure.

Let me correct myself: The best licensed game based on a tv show or movie is definitely South Park the Stick of Truth.

I don't think Batman Arkham Knight will win Game of the Year though because it'll be similar to Arkham City, only this time you can use the bat mobile, and new gadgets, and new combat moves. It's not really ground breaking like it was back in 2011. It's one of the best games of the year for sure, but probably not the best. Games like Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Watch Dogs and maybe a surprise contender are going to be heavy contenders for it.

Damn, this year is crazy.

Well speaking about something we haven't played yet, we can't really say that it won't be better than City, or that it will the same thing.. Honestly as long as it doesn't everything better than the ones before, and make an even better story, then it has a very good chance of being GOTY. Either way we can't say for sure that it will or will not win GOTY when we have played none of the games we have talked about. Every single one of these games could be awful for all we know.  Dark Souls 2 has a good chance after playing it,  the other two you mentioned we haven't played yet. I mean there has been plenty of sequels of games that has won GOTY. 

I'd say Wolfenstein: The New Order is a strong candidate, at least in the FPS category. Can't let Call of Duty win all of the "Best Shooter/FPS/Thingamajig" awards this time.

Wolfenstien: New order

I stopped giving a damn about "Game of the Year" awards after seeing how many Grand Theft Auto 5 won. 

Stick of Truth just has to be a contender.

For the new arkham game I'm a little bit worried. The new 'Gameplay' Trailer contains like 10 seconds of 2 second gameplay snippets and a lot of cinematics. Maybe it's just a creative decision. But maybe the gameplay sucks so much, that they simple don't want us to see more of it.

If "Ride To Hell: The Sequel" comes this year it's totally gonna be GOTY material.

Clumsyninja likes this

pffttt

nothing has caught my eye in all honesty

Well speaking about something we haven't played yet, we can't really say that it won't be better than City, or that it will the same thing.. Honestly as long as it doesn't everything better than the ones before, and make an even better story, then it has a very good chance of being GOTY. Either way we can't say for sure that it will or will not win GOTY when we have played none of the games we have talked about. Every single one of these games could be awful for all we know.  Dark Souls 2 has a good chance after playing it,  the other two you mentioned we haven't played yet. I mean there has been plenty of sequels of games that has won GOTY.

Well..... About Watch Dogs, there's already someone that played it. It. Looks. Fucking. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNKQkaaxClE

Unfortunately since this is on Xbox360, it looks baaad, especially the second part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIB8inDGxWI

But all that matters is the gameplay. And I WANT THIS GAME NOW DAMN IT!!

Ahem, back to serious mode.

I would LOVE Arkham Knight to win GOTY, but it's going to he really hard to do because we already know how the gameplay will be. We know that there will be Predator mode, freeflow fighting, and Riddler puzzles plus side quests to do. Plus new driving sections with the bat mobile. The game will be awesome, but to win GOTY, it has to be even better than Arkham City. I think we have to make a list of things that can make Arkham Knight GOTY. Like these:

New gameplay mechanic besides the driving, like...... I CAN't THINK OF ANY! The game is already fantastic that I can't add anything more! Unless, have Kain from Legacy of Kain as a playable character in an extra mode and have him become a brutal killing machine with all his vampire abilities! Aw hell yeahsss!

Have multiple characters to play as like Nightwing, Robin, and Azrael from his cameo in Arkham City,

Have more boss fights like the Deathstroke fight in Origins

Have a great story that will be a fitting end to this series

Multiple endings from choices you make in game

And this one is just a novelty, but have a relationship meter between you and your Bat Family, or maybe enemies after you fight them so you can befriend them and they will help you out in combat or give you extra items to use.

If you have more ideas, let me know! I'm interested to see what can improve Arkham Knight.