• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Clumsyninja

What game do you think will win GOTY 2014 based on the info of the games we know coming out?

49 posts in this topic

My biggest gripe with the Arkham series was that there wasnt enough gadgets and the ones you had at your disposal were not really anything special. I dont care if its not conventional just give me 30 plus gadgets that i unlock from doing  side quests or certain challengers. Now i had 2 other gripes for just Arkham City. The first being  the open world was seemed really small in my opinion. This may be because i am a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout  series so compared to that it seems really small but i still think theres room for improvement with map quest. My other gripe was there did not seem to be enough side quests in my opinion. You have an array of villains at your disposal  that you can make great side quests out of but you just let them sit on the sidelines . If they fix these 3 things are addressed then the game will be top notch but i doubt they will fix them.

If "Ride To Hell: The Sequel" comes this year it's totally gonna be GOTY material.

"Ride to Hell 2: The Search for More Money"

As long as there's enough new Stuff in Arkham Knight then yes it could well be a contender- so far only Origins has missed out on a GOTY title and I ptu that down to be too much of a retread of City. Still decent enough but definitely mising that je ne c'est quoi of the rocksteady games.

Knight will be the same thing as all the other games except more polygons, a bigger city and the car. People have some weird expectations from sequels these days, I don't really think it needs any wildly revolutionary additions. I thought Origins was pretty good to be honest, the references to classic Batman stories were particularly awesome, the PC had a bug with a riddler quest but other than that I haven't had many problems in my run. People said the console versions had some terrible performance issues and way more bugs though so I can kind of understand that.

A decent Superman game(and movie while we're at it.) would be great, I'm sure Rocksteady could pull it off but if they haven't done one yet I'm not sure they're going to go for it now. 

PS - Wolfenstein was FUCKING AMAZEBALLS, best FPS in a long while... But it's still not Batman.

Actually, this should have been asked on the last week of December of the year, not halfway through.

Well..... About Watch Dogs, there's already someone that played it. It. Looks. Fucking. Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNKQkaaxClE

Unfortunately since this is on Xbox360, it looks baaad, especially the second part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIB8inDGxWI

But all that matters is the gameplay. And I WANT THIS GAME NOW DAMN IT!!

Ahem, back to serious mode.

I would LOVE Arkham Knight to win GOTY, but it's going to he really hard to do because we already know how the gameplay will be. We know that there will be Predator mode, freeflow fighting, and Riddler puzzles plus side quests to do. Plus new driving sections with the bat mobile. The game will be awesome, but to win GOTY, it has to be even better than Arkham City. I think we have to make a list of things that can make Arkham Knight GOTY. Like these:

New gameplay mechanic besides the driving, like...... I CAN't THINK OF ANY! The game is already fantastic that I can't add anything more! Unless, have Kain from Legacy of Kain as a playable character in an extra mode and have him become a brutal killing machine with all his vampire abilities! Aw hell yeahsss!

Have multiple characters to play as like Nightwing, Robin, and Azrael from his cameo in Arkham City,

Have more boss fights like the Deathstroke fight in Origins

Have a great story that will be a fitting end to this series

Multiple endings from choices you make in game

And this one is just a novelty, but have a relationship meter between you and your Bat Family, or maybe enemies after you fight them so you can befriend them and they will help you out in combat or give you extra items to use.

If you have more ideas, let me know! I'm interested to see what can improve Arkham Knight.

Well like i said, there has been many sequels to win GOTY like Uncharted 2, and 3 which were both not that different from it's games before, but just did a better job at what they do. lol Batman Arkham Knight can do this for sure. Honestly don't think it needs multiple endings to win, it just needs a great story, and ending to the series, smoother combet with more combos, more gadgets, and something innovative with the Batmobile which we haven't seen a lot of. It has a good chance really, and i have seen some walkthroughs of Watchdogs, but i need to play it myself before saying anything. Watching,a nd playing are two different things imo. I think there will bea  lot of GOTY nominees this year, and it will be close call either way... hopefully.. Would suck if they all sucked. lol 

Well like i said, there has been many sequels to win GOTY like Uncharted 2, and 3 which were both not that different from it's games before, but just did a better job at what they do. lol Batman Arkham Knight can do this for sure. Honestly don't think it needs multiple endings to win, it just needs a great story, and ending to the series, smoother combet with more combos, more gadgets, and something innovative with the Batmobile which we haven't seen a lot of. It has a good chance really, and i have seen some walkthroughs of Watchdogs, but i need to play it myself before saying anything. Watching,a nd playing are two different things imo. I think there will bea  lot of GOTY nominees this year, and it will be close call either way... hopefully.. Would suck if they all sucked. lol

Well, 2009 was a year with plenty of dull games, except Shadow Complex, Modern Warfare 2 (oh God this series needs to change), Arkham Asylum and Biohazard 5, so Uncharted 2 definitely will win GOTY. That game already have a fantastic solid gameplay and set pieces, so only a bit of improvements can make it win GOTY. 2011 is a great year, but I thought Skyrim and Portal 2 won game of the year overall? Uncharted 3 won best PS3 game of the year, which is no surprise.

I can tell if a game will be great just by looking at the beginning gameplay of games, and I'm almost right about them, except Titanfall. I thought that game will be awesome. It is, but I found out that the content is lacking, so nope! But from what I can see, you will love Watch Dogs, it's will be fantastic. Just know that you have to be creative playing this game and utilise every power of the phone in the game to get the most fun out of it.

We'll just have to wait and see about Arkham Knight! Hopefully it won't get delayed to next year.

Well, 2009 was a year with plenty of dull games, except Shadow Complex, Modern Warfare 2 (oh God this series needs to change), Arkham Asylum and Biohazard 5, so Uncharted 2 definitely will win GOTY. 

Don't forget about Dragon Age: Origins. That game was easily GOTY 2009 for me.

Ok we have alot of contenders that could be right for the year but not many have been released yet so all I'm going to write is one's im looking forward to and the ones I think could contend for it...

Watchdogs:- Contendor

Destiny (Not looking forward to it so to speak more curious to see what its like):- Contendor

Murdered soul suspect:- Not a contendor... I don't know I'm getting this game for free from AMD and so far most of the games I've had from them (not complaining) have been good games but something is wrong about them. For example Thief is a great game but the AI is some of the derpiest shit I've seen in my life

Wolfenstein.. :- Not a contendor. I'm sorry It's just another FPS I know it's a classic FPS but still just an FPS....

Shadow of Mordor :- Not a contendor. Another that I don't think that can cut the mustard... I'm looking forward to this game but as alot of people know there is a little bit of controversy between AC and SoM so I think that may be a hinderence... (Making up new words now)

In conclusion... I'm not exactly syked for this year... Last year was Garbo. This year has slacked a little due to the new consoles only just dropping but I'm hopeful for Watchdogs reguardless of my previous post of it being a bit of a cop out...

Why are people putting Watchdogs on their list? It's not even out yet. I guess if we're acknowledging that these games could end up being bad, I can't give an accurate guess yet.

I think game of the year probably will be the dragon age 3 (or epic fail), and Destiny but personally, I hope dark souls 2 could be the rpg of the year

After finishing Infamous: Second Son I would argue it has potential to at the very least be in the discussion for PS4 Game of the Year.

Could care less about the general vote for goty(to many times its buggy open world crap imo),  to me will either be BB CP or P4A U easily.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

Well, 2009 was a year with plenty of dull games, except Shadow Complex, Modern Warfare 2 (oh God this series needs to change), Arkham Asylum and Biohazard 5, so Uncharted 2 definitely will win GOTY. That game already have a fantastic solid gameplay and set pieces, so only a bit of improvements can make it win GOTY. 2011 is a great year, but I thought Skyrim and Portal 2 won game of the year overall? Uncharted 3 won best PS3 game of the year, which is no surprise.

I can tell if a game will be great just by looking at the beginning gameplay of games, and I'm almost right about them, except Titanfall. I thought that game will be awesome. It is, but I found out that the content is lacking, so nope! But from what I can see, you will love Watch Dogs, it's will be fantastic. Just know that you have to be creative playing this game and utilise every power of the phone in the game to get the most fun out of it.

We'll just have to wait and see about Arkham Knight! Hopefully it won't get delayed to next year.

Turns out Watch Dogs was a hot mess on many platforms including PC, and wasn't as good as the hype. It's metacritic score is a 80, ehich isn't bad, but not as amazing as everyone thought it was gonna be. A lot of people are dissapointed in it, and it has bad user reviews everywhere. See, you can't assume every game is gonna be great with just a few gameplay videos. It is said to be good, but not amazing, or that new. It isn't close to the highest rated games of 2014 so far. 

My biggest gripe with the Arkham series was that there wasnt enough gadgets and the ones you had at your disposal were not really anything special. I dont care if its not conventional just give me 30 plus gadgets that i unlock from doing  side quests or certain challengers. Now i had 2 other gripes for just Arkham City. The first being  the open world was seemed really small in my opinion. This may be because i am a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout  series so compared to that it seems really small but i still think theres room for improvement with map quest. My other gripe was there did not seem to be enough side quests in my opinion. You have an array of villains at your disposal  that you can make great side quests out of but you just let them sit on the sidelines . If they fix these 3 things are addressed then the game will be top notch but i doubt they will fix them.

I disagree with everything you said honestly.. For one 30 GADGETS?! Thatr is FAR to many things to keep up with.. Having to go through your inventory to find the one you want is frustrating, and honestly i can't even think of that many gadgets that would differentiate itself from other gadgets, it would just be the same kinda of gadget that looks different. I think they had the perfect amount that got the jobs done.

Second, not every game has to have some massive world like ES, or Fallout.. Honestly Arkham City was a prison that was made out of just the part of a city.. I doubt they would make the entire city a prison. Wouldn't make sense for it to be that big, and honestly i thought it was big enough. Maybe Akrham knight will be the biggest, but i doubt it will be that big.

Third i thought Arkham City had just the right amount of side quests, because if they added anymore there would be to many villains to keep up with, and many would have some half as*ed quest that doesn't feel as important as other villains, which  almost happened in AC.. I mean Deadshot, Mad Hatter, and the others were okay, but they were extremely short, but fun. If they added tons of quest it would just be a bunch of boring short quests that would be overshadowed by bigger quests.. I like the Batman Villains and want all them to have a big part in the game.. That isimpossible if they are TONS of side quests. A lot of Skyrim side quests were pretty boring compared to the bigger quests like form he guilds and such. 

One thing you need to realize is that Batman Arkaham series is a Action game, NOT a RPG. lol Not every game needs to be as masssive as games like ES, or Fallout to be good. I think they did a perfect job with AC.  

I would go for Destiny but fk Bungie from not bringing it on PC and on Old gen Consoles... o wait did Activision waste 500 Million on what? Why not put some of that into PC port? We live in a World of Idiots sadly

I disagree with everything you said honestly.. For one 30 GADGETS?! Thatr is FAR to many things to keep up with.. Having to go through your inventory to find the one you want is frustrating, and honestly i can't even think of that many gadgets that would differentiate itself from other gadgets, it would just be the same kinda of gadget that looks different. I think they had the perfect amount that got the jobs done.

Second, not every game has to have some massive world like ES, or Fallout.. Honestly Arkham City was a prison that was made out of just the part of a city.. I doubt they would make the entire city a prison. Wouldn't make sense for it to be that big, and honestly i thought it was big enough. Maybe Akrham knight will be the biggest, but i doubt it will be that big.

Third i thought Arkham City had just the right amount of side quests, because if they added anymore there would be to many villains to keep up with, and many would have some half as*ed quest that doesn't feel as important as other villains, which  almost happened in AC.. I mean Deadshot, Mad Hatter, and the others were okay, but they were extremely short, but fun. If they added tons of quest it would just be a bunch of boring short quests that would be overshadowed by bigger quests.. I like the Batman Villains and want all them to have a big part in the game.. That isimpossible if they are TONS of side quests. A lot of Skyrim side quests were pretty boring compared to the bigger quests like form he guilds and such. 

One thing you need to realize is that Batman Arkaham series is a Action game, NOT a RPG. lol Not every game needs to be as masssive as games like ES, or Fallout to be good. I think they did a perfect job with AC.  

Ok your arguments for the second and third points are valid and i guess do make sense. However, for the first i didnt mean put 30 gadgets on a quick select wheel or have 30 gadgets in a menu that i can access. I mean give me 30 gadgets and let me put 8-10 on a quick select wheel. 

Turns out Watch Dogs was a hot mess on many platforms including PC, and wasn't as good as the hype. It's metacritic score is a 80, ehich isn't bad, but not as amazing as everyone thought it was gonna be. A lot of people are dissapointed in it, and it has bad user reviews everywhere. See, you can't assume every game is gonna be great with just a few gameplay videos. It is said to be good, but not amazing, or that new. It isn't close to the highest rated games of 2014 so far.

I played it. Even gave a first impression on the user review section. Those reviewers are just nitpicking. This game is amazing! They certainly won't say this game is one of the best of the year in their end of the year game awards, but me and I'm sure other people that has indeed played it say this game is awesome and is most definitely one of the best game of this year.

Anyway, have you heard the news?

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/12792/batman-arkham-knight-the-latest-game-to-be-delayed

Sorry man, looks like it won't win game of the year. Well at least Dark Souls 2 and Stick of Truth are top contenders.

Well Batman Arkham Knight cant be GOTY for 2014 anymore.

I'd like to see about Tales of The Borderlands its gonna be awesome!

Well watchdogs chances evaporated in my eyes, so now it's up to the crew not to dissappoint me! :D