• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoVe

Help thread [ask for help here]

16 posts in this topic

On players request a new help thread is started. Lets see how it goes :)

Q: I'm new. Just saw the passive skill forest. Im scared. Monsers kill me. This shizz is too hard. Cant go full vanila like in Diablo 3

A: Is that a question? Whatever... If you are new and lost, let me help you. Try doing this till you get to know the game:

*Play either dualist or marauder. I advice marauder

* Passive skill tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8Of-Mx-7yfpKzyL8EEeWgLYXgNvooB3KQZG_ol34TZZU1Hfmo7qBhE5xznah4g8NIh976ezacwFCBQRxiRcru5zaFtbmm-p82YjX63thcdmy0=

* Gems: First get Spectral throw ASAP(look in stash or as a guild mate, the gem is easy to get). You get that at lvl 1 Sion. Next try getting support gems Lesser multiple projectile and Life gain on hit. This build gives great sustain, you can use any weapon with that skill+-.

Armor: look for Life(most important), Resistances(very important), Hight armor (not evasion, not energy shield), Attack speed(meh), Added elemental dmg (meh)

Weapons: Added elemental dmg or phys dmg. Prefer twohandeds

You need Green Green Red skill slots on an item, to use Spectral throw+lesser multiple projectiles+life gain on hit.

Accesorries. Get rings so you could reach Fire/Light/Cold Resistances at 75 all the time.

Belt: Leather belt

If you play invasion. Dont fight the trapper bosses, or if you are bad dont fight most of those bosses. Or play ambush its fun too.

If you cant use spectral throw because you have no dexterity. Buy Jade amulet from shop, it costs 1 Transmute.

Try not to waste your currency until high levels

Q:

I think it will be better to have a long help thread, and the first post and/or second post can become FAQ section to check if any new member has the same question that already asked.

Right now, I do need to know if this game reset everything after each seasons, included items? Still don't understand much about it.

A: There are 4 leagues currently. 2 permanent(Normal and Hardcore) 2 temporary(Ambush and Invasion). New temporary leagues starts every 4 months, and the old ones gets deleted. When temp leagues ends, all characters&items from Invasion are transfered to Hardcore, all chars&items from Ambush are transfered to normal. Then new temp leagues are created, and players start clean from the start with no items or chars.

Essentialy normal league is like POE permanent trash bin. My advice to play Invasion if you are good at the game or want to get good(you improve everytime you die), if not play ambush - its same as normal but with more fetures.

I've been playing following your advice, hardcore mode with some random invaded boss, feel little like Dark Soul here, fun so far, but if you don't mind, can you tell me the benefit when playing hard mode, in player aspect(cuz what different are described on their website).

What's holding me are the story, hit and run, and grinding, but I feel there should be more.

I've been playing following your advice, hardcore mode with some random invaded boss, feel little like Dark Soul here, fun so far, but if you don't mind, can you tell me the benefit when playing hard mode, in player aspect(cuz what different are described on their website).

What's holding me are the story, hit and run, and grinding, but I feel there should be more.

I'm not sure I understand the question right. The "in player aspect" part. But I'll try to answer...

Officialy: the difference between normal and hardcore is itemwise. You cant find some of the items in normal. List here. The game doesnt offer you anything else besides a challange. No one forces to play hardcore.

Unofficialy I personally play hardcore invasion because:

*The fun aspect. Hardcore gives me the thrill, normals give me the boredom. When i play normal and i die it feels like "meh whatever", playing on HC you are always intence, you think about the time and effort you have put in to obtain powerful items, lvl and you understnad that if you make a mistake - its all gone. After a strong encounter your heart starts beating fast. You dont get this shizz in normals (at least I dont).

*The challange. The pvp in poe is somewhat for lolz, its not active. No real good pvp system (yet). When you know the story, what else should keep you bussy besides pvp and that ? The main thing is to beat the game. And beating the game means running through it with highest difficulty possible, without deaths. Thats the challange I'm going for (havent reached yet. Record 57lvl in 6 days and died).

*Live economy. Powerful items drop in all leagues. But im softcore these items stay FOREVER, and your items(you have now) will be more and more like crap as time goes by. Try pvping chars in normal, that have been farming for gear 2 years+, or sell your just found stuff you think is good. IN HARDCORE these powerful items die along with the characters, they go to the trash bin (normal league).

*The Epic Sadness. This is a feeling that you probably never felt or felt just a couple of time in your life. You will know what I'm talking about after playing a few weeks or months with the same char in Hardocre. After you get it a few times, you will be able feel the pain of others clan members, when they fall just at your feet. And if you are a bad person like me, you will enjoy it and catch yourself smiling and giggling silently in teamspeak

There may be more, that i forgot to mention.

P.S. I understand some people just like softcore and I really respect that. Some just like to find all the best loot, get a print screen of their stash, print it and hand on their bedroom wall, others just cant deal with The Epic Sadness. I used to play softcore too, but when i tried HC - just could not go back.

Thanks, that's what I want to know, seem nothing much in this game without challenge.

Yes, its partly true. Grinding Gearg Games are planning to implement future a normal pvp system(link) and guild oriented contet later( GGG quote: Guild Challenges are coming very soon.). When? I dont know.

But hey, what else is there in other ARPG games without a challenge ? You can at least create a char that is fully optimized for your gameplay. If you feel something missing in POE give feedback to GGG

Any boss that can be very dangerous and I should be aware of? I died because of a Weaver, with big Damage and lot of minion to aid it, I can't really be a match.

Most of random invasion bosses are more dangerous then the constant normal bosses. You can find info, and how to kill normal ones here. Weaver deals chaos dmg, armor and resistances does not work against it. You must simply have a lot of HP, and avoid his attacks.

For the future, avoid trap throwing ones. They deal a ton of dmg. Probably you will die next time in act 3 first zone if you will find the trap mini boss.

Guide how to kill any boss:

1. Ask a high lvl friend, or some random dude for help.

or

2. Dont fight the boss until you are like 5 levels above. Just grind for some exp. Hint: you can reset a zone by clicking ctrl+mouse1 when entering new zone.

or

3. Read on the wiki about the boss or watch some youtube vids.

or

4. Just die once, and learn. Before attacking run around and analyze boss attacks

Its a good idea to always be above the area level like +3 lvls at least. The chance you will die will decrease dramatically

So far I got to the point that my previous character died, I have a question today.

What is "maps"? How can obtain it? What does it do? I encounter this word on wiki but can't quite understand it. Certainly not the same maps as I press Tab.

Glad to see not giving up. About the maps... I dont want to hit you with a wall of text, cause  maps are complex. But will try to explain the basics.

Earlygame - Act1-3 normal

Midgame - Act1-3 cruel

Lategame - Act1-3 mersiless

Maps - Endgame.

First of all maps are currency items, that can be dropped from mobs ~67 lvl. You can use them to make a portal, and enter a "new world/zone". It is like corrupted areas but they are a lot more complex. Most powerful items drop in maps (they have highest item level), strongest game bosses also lie there. You can modify maps and bosses they have inside with in game currency like alteration orbs. In depth info about maps can be found on our forums "Resource guide"

Citan likes this

I grabbed a weird unique today, a "simple rode" that has 6 white socket and linked, but with no stats. This is a simple trash or anything I can improve it with?

Tabula rasa i believe. That one is expensive, save it/use it. I have played this game for 2 years(with some pauses) and never had a 6linked item. You can make a single spell really powerful with that one

I don't really understand much about linked, beside I don't have many support gem yet, so I think I want to make this an armor, with skill can protect me with resist or reduce damage, can you tell me what skill I should looking for? I am an summoner.

What do you mean "make this an armor, with skill can protect me with resist or reduce damage"?

Either way, using that 6 linked armour will make you vulnerable to damage, but will boost your damage at the same time.

I dont know a lot about summoners, but as I imagine, I would probably use something like this on that 6 link. Raise zombie+ faster attacks+minion speed+minion life+minion damage+melee phys dmg or culling strike+item rarity or + summon skeletons or +added fire/cold/chaos dmg or whatever you think of.... There may be a lot of cool versions for a summoner that i am not aware of. Just experiment and find what suits your playstyle best.

P.S. There are no gems that could fully take advantage of Tabula rasa for DEFENSIVE purposes. You should be ok using 1 2 or 3 linked items for gems like molten shell, tempest shield, immortal call or aura gems....

Hope that answered your question...

Citan likes this

how much more of a grind do i have to do to see the character charge and bash enemies to the ground and get new abilities and a mix of spells to mix up the game because right now it's incredibly boring for me

all i do and see is 2 hander weapon 1 shotting everything around me in a boring slam. by this level (21 on act 2) i would have expected to have the game mix itself up a little as i go deeper into the skill tree but it seems the only way to get abilities is with gems, and they just never drop for me.

Hmm you might be doing something wrong. You mostly get skill gems from quest rewards, not from drops. At level 10ish you should have 5 active skills. At level 14 ish you get your first support skill gems that modifies active skills. We have tons of skill gems in guild warehouse. Passive skill tree only gives you passive effects that will make you stronger but will not bring variaty into the game (at least most of the time). Hope this helps

Quest rewards: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0