• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

What games do you know that has impressive damage physics?

14 posts in this topic

Just recently, I saw a game on Markiplier's channel called the "Next Car Game". It's an early access game on steam which has AMAZING graphics and damage models. Just look at the amount of particles and destruction this game has.

This game instantly reminded me of Red Faction Guerilla, which has amazingly awesome destruction from just wrecking buildings up into tiny pieces realistically.

I wish more games have this level of destruction.

So, what games do you know that also have impressive destruction physics like this? You can do a repeat mention on this thread, don't worry.

Sammy_Bananas and CQR Myles like this

Garrys Mod has some interesting physics maps, but honestly I havent seen anything that tops the Red Faction games level of all out destruction. Sucks they ruined the series with that armaggeddon bullshit. Guerrilla was a step in the right direction, even if it wasnt well recieved. In the first Red Faction you could use explosives to literally tunnel into the ground lol. Game developers have kinda neglected the whole destructible enviroments thing. Although it gets pretty demanding (hardware wise), i believe it is totally worth the drop in texture detail.

Kaz32 likes this

Ah Next Car Game, reminds me of FlatOut, the advantage of having made up cars and not official models is that you're not constrained to manufacture licencing agreements regarding safety and damage. GTA 5's cars have great damage deformation

Kaz32 likes this

The cars in Burnout Paradise can be wrecked pretty nicely, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 has cool destruction physics but it isnt really an equal of Red Faction Guerilla

Ah Next Car Game, reminds me of FlatOut, the advantage of having made up cars and not official models is that you're not constrained to manufacture licencing agreements regarding safety and damage. GTA 5's cars have great damage deformation

Well, the developer for FlatOut and Next Car Game is Bugbear Entertainment.

Space Engineers lets you brake things then fix them YAY!!!

look it up

Kaz32 likes this

Metal Gear Rising.

Kaz32 likes this

Space Engineers lets you brake things then fix them YAY!!!

look it up

I looked it up just now. I was expecting something awesome when I see the video Symphony of Collisions

But it's quite tame. This game is awesome though, it has the potential to become even more destructive. Thanks!

There's this game I remembered called World in Conflict. It's an rts game on a massive scale and the multiplayer is quite unique in that it feels like an fps Capture the Flag but it's rts, and you have team mates that can order their own units than you while sharing resources. The best thing about this game is blowing buildings and crashing them to the ground. Too bad there's no "sandbox destruction" mode cause this game is perfect for it.

I remembered this game called Minority Report, based on the Tom Cruise movie. Even though the character looks nothing like Cruise, this game is a hell of a lot of fun. You can throw people into different objects, throwing them off ledges and buildings and cause mayhem while seeing the over abundance of ragdoll.

That's because Next Car Game is made by the people who made all but that shitty Flatout 3 (which was NOT by Bugbear)

I recently bought red faction guerrilla for 5 dollars. It's alright. The destruction and everything can be pretty fun. Pretty under rated game I think. Can be frustrating some activities are way to hard and dying with no cover or anything is a pain in the ass.

I haven't really played battlefield 4 but battlefield 3 has pretty cool destruction physics. You can blow up walls and knock down buildings and stuff.

I don't think there are any games that have that super high detail destruction of guerilla though. The new rainbow six game look like it might have cool high detail destruction though.

Star Citizen.

Well, it *is* by Bugbear Entertainment, the guys who made FlatOut 1 and 2. Also Ultimate Carnage, but that was pretty much a port of FO2 and just added some new lighting effects.

Well, the developer for FlatOut and Next Car Game is Bugbear Entertainment.

That's because Next Car Game is made by the people who made all but that shitty Flatout 3 (which was NOT by Bugbear)

Well, it *is* by Bugbear Entertainment, the guys who made FlatOut 1 and 2. Also Ultimate Carnage, but that was pretty much a port of FO2 and just added some new lighting effects.

How many times can we reply to a single post on this thread? I wan't a world record.