• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shivan

Im the only one getting pissed about DFM delays?

10 posts in this topic

I dont want to be "this guy", but i hate when people lie to my face, as people already know, DFM was launching today, but is not, is not about "oh no another delay", its about this was suppoused to be ready by December 2013, how on earth one think this may be ready for a December release and them postpone it for more than 5 months and counting? i dont think DFM was ever intended for a December release and that was just a lie.

On top of that the bug types on area commander https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13898-Arena-Commander-V8-Delay are just insane, that does not look like an "hey its almost ready" to me, what they are even doing in the past years? those are really basic bugs.

I got past the being annoyed part a while back tbh. Now i just don't count on it being out when they say and i'll just see when it's out.

They're being pretty overambitious i think by deciding those release dates. They're doing so much at ones spread over so many studios it's bound to cause delays.

What bothers me a bit though is they show footage on wingman's hanger from Rob(?) playing the DFM and they always talk about it running fine with just some polish needed. But those bugs listed are some pretty serious bugs.. 

The one thing i don't want them doing right now is releasing a buggy version though.. Because that would make me want to flip tables after their "want it perfect, don't want to release a buggy game like publishers would make us do"

I dont want to be "this guy", but i hate when people lie to my face, as people already know, DFM was launching today, but is not, is not about "oh no another delay", its about this was suppoused to be ready by December 2013, how on earth one think this may be ready for a December release and them postpone it for more than 5 months and counting? i dont think DFM was ever intended for a December release and that was just a lie.

On top of that the bug types on area commander https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13898-Arena-Commander-V8-Delay are just insane, that does not look like an "hey its almost ready" to me, what they are even doing in the past years? those are really basic bugs.

I see your point about poor prior planning, but if you're going to call the people at CIG liars, I'd like to see your evidence suggesting they knowingly set false deadlines. Unless you can do that, please refrain from shitting up the forums with populistic slurs.

By the way, since these bugs apparently are "basic", would you care enough to expand upon how to fix them? It seems like you're a pretty good programmer if you get offended by such utter incompetence. Maybe you should apply to CIG and save the day...? Honestly though, I agree that those bugs seem surprisingly critical, but I would like to remind everyone that SC development is probably a good deal more complicated than we think it is.

The more successfull a crowdfunding-project is, the more delayed it will be. You might remember back to november 2012, Chris Roberts spoke of 2 Million Dollars he needed, to convince investors to finance a game with less than 20 different ships, about 30 missions for Squadron 42 and maybe 30 systems in the consistant universe. The game they make now is a completely different beast. They needed way more time to build up a team, that is up to the task. Plus: This game now NEEDS to be good. If it blows, that's basicly it for crowdfunded AAA-Games. So I think it's extremely important, that the first iteration of the DFM gives a good experience to everyone who plays it.

As of the severity of the bugs: I'm not a game designer. However I claim BS on everyone who reads the description of the bugs and from there deduces, what state the game is in. Remember: it's the cryengine, and as powerfull as it is, it is also fragile. In MWO there was a phase, when the game turned unplayable after each patch until a hotfix two days later. So it's very well possible, that we will se the game next monday.

Weynard likes this

I wouldn't call them liars. Unrealistic maybe but not liars. But I do understand the anger this can cause as Mr. Roberts big selling point was having the DFM out last December; then he suggested a 'couple' more months which then stretched into a 'few' months and arguments about what 'few' actually meant. But I am pretty sure half a year isn't a few months. And now we have yet another delay. Sorry but I don't think everyone is asking for the universe - they are asking Mr. Roberts and CIG to be realistic. 

But you know SC Fanboys, they will jump all over people for even suggesting Mr. Roberts get his act together. I mean this isn't his first rodeo as SC keeps reminding us. And CryEngine is not a completely untested Engine - modified sure but it isn't an Engine built from scratch! Moreover they have a lot of seasoned veterans working for Mr. Roberts - I know this because they love to advertise it every chance they get. But of course we supporters are being unrealistic - right?! 

And we are not just talking about missed dates; we are also talking about an intolerant culture where people are banned for not being a Fanboy. Sadly SC has fallen from grace and is pretty dysfunctional. I mean even the original Deluxe Hangar is still buggy as Shit! And how long has it been? Lol. Yep, and we can all thank the o mighty SC Fanboy because they are the biggest enablers in the fraking universe. At this rate we will be able to warp to the other side of the galaxy and back before Star Citizen is finished. And in the meantime they will keep making money with unrealistic dates. Pathetic - but to be honest I am not surprised. 

It's not necessarily the delays themselves that annoy me it's the fact that they constantly announce release dates. Pick a release date only if you are 100% confident that you will be able to launch that day. I feel life the SC team thinks that 70-80% confidence is okay. The fact that thy are getting release dates wrong when they are within days of each other is ridiculous and the fact that we did not hear about this until the day before is awful.

Joda likes this

I call it liar because i know what im saying, im software engineer and QA tester, those bugs are consistent with internal pre-alpha versions, Robers said the DFM its on pre-alpha, thats OK, but there is no way to be still on pre-alpha almost 6 months after his intended release, its not a beginner doing its first game that had no idea of what its getting in to, DFM will not gona have all the ships either, so what they have been doing in the past 6 months? DFM on December was a lie, if you want to belive him thats fine, but he cant fool me.

Joda likes this

I call it liar because i know what im saying, im software engineer and QA tester, those bugs are consistent with internal pre-alpha versions, Robers said the DFM its on pre-alpha, thats OK, but there is no way to be still on pre-alpha almost 6 months after his intended release, its not a beginner doing its first game that had no idea of what its getting in to, DFM will not gona have all the ships either, so what they have been doing in the past 6 months? DFM on December was a lie, if you want to belive him thats fine, but he cant fool me.

Hmmm...you might be right. I would hate to go that far but you do make some good points. And given their forums demonstrate a blatant disregard for guidelines and has a 'Fuck you' attitude when not towing the SC Fanboy line, perhaps lying isn't a far stretch. What is the saying? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely? And with nearly $50 million in the bank - that is a lot of power. 

It's not necessarily the delays themselves that annoy me it's the fact that they constantly announce release dates. Pick a release date only if you are 100% confident that you will be able to launch that day. I feel life the SC team thinks that 70-80% confidence is okay. The fact that thy are getting release dates wrong when they are within days of each other is ridiculous and the fact that we did not hear about this until the day before is awful.

I cant say how overly confident the Star Citizen team is... it really bugs me that the guys on wingmans hanger are super confident all the time, as if Chris can do no wrong.

On another note, I think a lot of wasted resources goes into making the multiple youtube video shows they do, its as if the are scared of people loosing interest before next year.

Joda likes this

I cant say how overly confident the Star Citizen team is... it really bugs me that the guys on wingmans hanger are super confident all the time, as if Chris can do no wrong.

On another note, I think a lot of wasted resources goes into making the multiple youtube video shows they do, its as if the are scared of people loosing interest before next year.

I use to have 14 ships but noticed things changing - for the worse - and decided to ask for a refund. I kept 2 ships as a gesture of support but they sure treated me differently after the refund. Yeah, I think they need to clean house in a big way but they have their legion of Fanboys so they will keep doing what they are doing - although I have noticed their legion getting smaller and smaller with each delay.