• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Maleficent5

Bliptv Killing Accounts

8 posts in this topic

So yesterday I was not surprised to get an e-mail from Bliptv that they were going to close my account due to reasons of not having a high viewership.  Not surprised due to me not posting anything on there for about a year or two.  But so I went to check out a friend of mine, Decker Shado (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsxn3qKFpbnD-8f1d9F5ipA), and found out he got the same e-mail along with many others.  I am not sure what is going on exactly but Blip is telling a lot of people who use their service that they are not good enough to stay on Blip.  They have some new business model (which I will look up) that apparently clashes with many people who are making a living on internet reviews.  I don't know.  I know I am mad.  This leaves just Youtube and Youtube has proven to be very fidgety about that stuff.  What do you guys think?

That's a bit weird though isn't it? How are new video makers supposed to garner an audience on Blip if they start off with a low number of views and then get kicked off? 

It seems that any successful video hosting site these days forgets that they built themselves up from people just sharing videos onto the internet and are now primarily money focused. 

Whilst as business I can sort of understand it - it still suck dong.

Maleficent5 likes this

Even from a business stand point this lacks foresight. You remove any hope of new producers that could be a hit larger than anything on Blip but due to policy changes, you will not see that happen. Not on Blip anyway.

Maleficent5 likes this

I'd say let Blip suffer and let them kill potential new video producers, they'll lose market share in the long run because of dumb crap like this. Blip just comes off as snooty if you don't have X amount of viewers and X amount of videos per week so I didn't even bother.

With the bad luck people have with youtube not allowing them to post content this could cause a lot of problems for people. I know they closed Leon Thomas' account who did Heart of Gaming and Attack of the Trek and who currently does Renegade Cut.

blip was probably so many people's back up plan if youtube ever got too bad to make a reasonable career off of

they're in for a bit of a surprise if that ever bes a thing xD

Well, Diamanda Hagan, one of Joe's TGWTG colleagues, is moving to YouTube, so the Blip is probably kicking itself right now.