• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ysnar

Announcing a new weekly PvP tournament!

7 posts in this topic

Ever since the guild got up and running once more thanks to the collective efforts of fellow Angry Army guild members, we have worked hard to improve the game experience for our guildies in the PvE aspect of the game.  We also have recently started to make our presence known in WvW.

Until now, we have neglected the last aspect of the game... PvP.  We will remedy this by announcing that we have our very own PvP server, generously bought by fellow veteran Soverign.  The server is called Sanctum of Death

Fellow guildies, you are all welcome to hop on this server, practice the different classes, sharpen your skills and refine your strategies.  Our veterans/sergeants are also more than happy to help you out.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So in order to commemorate the opening of our server, we will have a mini PvP tournament 2 hours before our guild mission, in our server, the Sanctum of Death at 7pm server time on Saturday 7th June.  We will need a minimum of 8 people (or 16 maximum) to sign up in order for this to happen.

Here are the rules for the PvP tournament:

1. You need to sign up to this thread only if you're certain that you can make it (link).  There will be a thread made 1 week before each tournament and the deadline for signing up will be around Friday midnight, GMT time.

2. You must select your character before entering... you cannot switch characters between matches.

- Ask a veteran or sergeant for the server password.

2. In addition to the winners being featured in a PvP hall of fame screenshot thread (which will be made after first tournament), prizes are as follows:

- 1st place: A choice of 5 gold or a random exotic from the guild bank (chosen by random.org)

- 2nd place: 3 gold

- 3rd place: 1 gold

**PS: Once the guild's funds improve, the prizes will improve accordingly.

Treeps and okito like this

Kewl stuff! I hope we will get people for that. :s

but kewl stuff!

I don't think i will make it for the tournament, but everyone who wants to practice against engi can contact me!

i play turret, condi and power engi , so feel free to choose ;)

i play turret, condi and power engi , so feel free to choose ;)

I still want to see how one can defeat a fully specced turret master engi that's holding out on a point.

I got facerolled yesterday by a very good mesmer when i was playing turretengi...

for some reason my turrets went down almost instantly 

Update: Due to the time constraints (server owner has to be online so others can join) and high cost, we'll have to dedicate a night for the PvP tournament, rather than allocating time for it before the guild mission.  The PvP tournament will be on hold until we can get the server and make sure that it'll be available for you guys.

In the meanwhile, we can still form parties and go on the other PvP servers.

Damn... is ArenaNet reading these posts?!? Update about custom arenas... from 17th July, we can pay for custom arenas with gold!

"We have always seen custom Arenas as an important tool for bringing the PvP community together. This change will make it much easier for groups of players to pool their resources and work together to create and maintain a custom arena.

In the Heart of the Mists, you’ll find a new vendor called The Arena Vendor who will offer custom arena starter kits for 200 gold and time tokens for 2 gold.

Remember that you can use a custom arena time token on any custom arena that you are playing in, regardless of who owns that arena. If there’s a custom arena that you really enjoy or call home, you can support that arena and its owner by adding time to it!"

From: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/buy-custom-arenas-with-gold/