• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DangerLemon

Watchdogs kinda lame?

23 posts in this topic

Hi there Angry Army

I started playing watchdogs a couple of days ago, and i think that while gameplay is really awesome on paper, the experience is lackluster when you're playing the actual game. How can that be?

Personally i think that the game just lacks coolness, to be honest so far the only character i even care about is the dude in the flashy suits, and already i have a strong feeling he is going to betray the main character (who seems reeeeaaally bland to be honest) and although the game gives you a shitton of possibilities, it just never seems to be set up in a way that allows for some serious awesomeness (exepct some stealth sections i will admit). So far my favourite missions were the driving missions, but that could be just because i have some serious signs of withdrawal when it comes to racing games.

What do you guys think? Am i the only one seeing it this way? I would love some other opinions.

Watch_Dogs is a narrative focused game.  It has gameplay that is based around and caters to the narrative of the story.  This can be great if the story is, y'know, good,  However, in Watch_Dogs case the narrative is trite and dull as hell.  This will make the gameplay feel dull.  The phrase to sum up Watch_Dogs gameplay and story is, "Just goin' through the motions".

And here I got my Collector's Edition today, they sent the wrong one, might just ask for a refund. 

Its great if you can get past all its bad points and you're the type of person that cares about the meta-game i.e. free-roaming and associated side missions... and the ability to find out stuff about the people of the city.

I have watched a friend play it on PC and honestly just from watching it, it just doesn't seem to run very well. My friend has no Titans or anything but it is a fairly decent setup, I helped him build the thing. But it just seems to have a lot of issues playing at least on PC.

While the story is somewhat interesting (I only watched until the end of the first chapter before I left) It would have to ramp up considerably for me to buy it myself and justify the technical issues it seems to have. At least at launch.

I really like it, but then again I haven't beaten it.  :ph34r:

I've only heard good things about it besides the npcs acting dumb and the radio being way behind GTA V.

Still waiting for it to come from Amazon.

its been rather meh. Thinking about trading it in.

I was actually quite optimistic about this after being so pleseantly suprised by far cry 3. 
Unfortunately watchdogs was a pretty large dissappointment for me and I have already traded it in. Don't get me wrong you can get enjoyment out of this game, but if you are playing on pc and are unfortunate with your parts/hardware combinations it is borderline unplayable. Refuses to remember settings and/or changing on it's own, large consistent framedrops after alt+tab'ing etc makes it frustrating to play. Menu navigation ingame also clearly points to the fact this is a cheap port and that barely any changes has been made to UI and navigation(think skyrim).

What the game regards it's a game that relies on narrative to be good, but this is a bad proposition when the story is not very exciting to begin with and you have online players coming in when you least want them or when you're not even there screwing you over(yes this can be turned off, but doing so resets all your progress?!). 

All in all it is a most difinitive meh and was personally a very big disappointment.

its buggy as hell and the pc port was crap but once it gets fixed and if u just don't do campaign its a decent solid game also controls could use some tweaking in that game

I don't think the game is worth it.
It's just...BORING.
tis just me though, I'm going to trade it in.

this game is all hype but no depth in the content, i am glad someone posted this to the forum, it is a good first time experience, specially with the whole hacking and controlling things, but the game has yet to grasp me towards the story line. Another thing with the side missions is too repetitive, some online concept is good something interesting  when i need to trail someone with the whole hacking and downloading data from there phone but honestly i still have not seen any replay-ability. when i played the last of us the story grabbed my attention and i actually wanted to play the game, this is more like a great potential but lacks depth, another aspect of this is game is play-style, because i can just run and gun through the whole game but it wont do justice to the game, the element of utility towards the technology's vulnerability is the strongest point. The concept of identification of random people and using their personal information is kinda irrelevant in the game, unless if Ubisoft implement that i have to track down a certain someone with the job description and then interrogate the suspect which can lead me to have either the right guy or the wrong guy, the game has lot of potential, but they did not utilize all the good stuff and instead they made it very lenient. 

But it just seems to have a lot of issues playing at least on PC.

no - it runs absolutely solid.

the pc port was crap

again - no.

i finished watch dogs already on PC.

no - it runs absolutely solid.

again - no.

i finished watch dogs already on PC.

I could act like you and just answer yes & yes. But instead I am going to be actually constructive and say that then you have been extremely fortunate, you may have had a good experience but that doesn't mean you are free to disregard other peoples experiences. I for one has worse performance in watchdogs than any other game and after alt+tabbing a few times my FPS has been chopped down to a mere 10 FPS which makes it unplayable and I had to restart the game. Also the UI is such an obvious pointer to the fact that it's a qick port it's pretty mch impossible to argue against. 

Had it for a couple of days and the game looks amazing, I think it looks beautiful and realistic while going through it, especially at night, dunno why people hate it for thinking it looks worst than GTA V. I love how I can listen to radio anywhere on my phone, open worlds need this now but there is few decent songs, even with all the ones I hack off the public's phones, GTA V had great known songs, good tunes and funny radios.

The game is really fun, I haven't finished the story but I don't know why you think it's so bad when a a game it really isn't bad, it's great. There are so many sidequests which are fun and so much to do, just like AC IV: BF which my favorite game on the PS4.

The game is really fun as an open world but there are some disappointing things like Trains stop when somethings infront of them and they will start going again to prevent crashing into each other. Cars just fall down a side when bridges close. Things you hack won't move if something like a car is in way and you die from fall damage easy (Aww).

@Conor

How does the game perform on your PS4? I assume really well as you obviously has gotten enjoyment out of the game and I am curious if I might give it another shot on a console as a rental or borrow at the very least.

Performs great, no problems.

performance and graphic wise it looks great on the PS4. I just find it gets boring and I find myself looking for other games to play. It doesn't hold my attention for more than an hour or so.

I've just had my first problem with the game, the HUD completely diapered and as this happened, someone is in my world and I had to profile him without seeing profiler, turned out by gernading his car police was 3 stars after me and I didn't even known and he got away (After I was able to profile him).

Well i played it some more myself, and it just felt like a chore the farther i got, especially because of the side missions. For me it was not necessarily the problem of them being repetetive that turns me off, i played games with repetetive but great side missions (e.g. the Saint's Row series), but the challenge just being inconsistent. i do realise that a big part of the charm of open world games is them being somewhat unpredictable, and it may be because i'm playing the game on hard, but there seriously is nothing between walzing through a missions withouth problems and absolutely getting buttfucked up the dick. And honestly, neither of those things are very fun. I got myself Wolfenstein on PS4 now, and that hits the spot just way better for me.

I know this is PS4, but has anyone played it on PS3 or 360? Can't really afford to go next-gen just yet, so was wondering how it is on the older consoles.

@Wolf

I saw someone playing it on Xbox360 and compared to my PS4 version it looked like it was missingtextures and everything was just plain.

Check out IGN's video here if you want to see the compare for yourself.

I personally had lots of fun with it. Although i could feel something was missing and was left a little dissapointed...