• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nya`

Where are the reviews?

103 posts in this topic

It's starting to look like Joe is going to have to once again rejoin the normal work force because his channel is becoming extremely stagnant, slipping hard. Almost zero good or relevant gaming content, the last review was over a month ago for crying out loud and that was for a beta...

Where are all of the next-gen game reviews? Where is the Xbox One review? Where is ANYTHING that people actually give a damn about? I don't know man, it just seems to me like this whole thing is piece by piece crumbling to the ground, the website included. It's the same people day in and day out, tons have left to never return, the rate of new people coming along is clearly low, it's dying out, everything seems to be..

He answers your question in this video, and he JUST made a new movie review.

And please post in the correct section, you should know this by now

Well. Angry Joe made an promise for us. After he finished the review about the movie called Edge of Tomorrow, next he will come back and do Watch Dogs review which is almost completed it until next week and then upload on YouTube.

Let's be honest here, select few people exist in this community/YouTube channel for his movie commentary and reviews, I would estimate probably sub 10%. The overwhelmingly vast majority come for gaming content, content which is extremely lacking these days.

In regards to the 'incorrect section' remark, I don't go digging around forums looking through countless redundant sections that could be consolidated into maybe 12-14 total for EVERYTHING on the forum. It's highly annoying when people setup their forums this way, there is too much going on, it's like when people have Teamspeak or Mumble servers and they have a channel for literally everything in existence, it's ridiculous

Well. Angry Joe made an promise for us. After he finished the review about the movie called Edge of Tomorrow, next he will come back and do Watch Dogs review which is almost completed it until next week and then upload on YouTube.

That's cool and all but where is everything else? There are months and months of relevant things just not being reviewed or covered. Ever since this YouTube copyright thing happened he just kind of fell off.

Halavo likes this

Look man, no one is making you stay.

That's not the point dude, it comes off like you guys have nothing better to do so you nitpick stuff that could just slide. This place is at a crawl in terms of posting, you should be encouraging any type of posting as long as it's not vial or anything of that nature. People won't post for hours on end and when someone finally makes a new thread; BOOM you guys are there to let them know they did something wrong.

You shouldn't have a 'no one is making you stay' kind of view, a lot of people ARE and have moved on from this place because certain aspects have become overbearing. I'm not calling you guys out or anything, this is just a dialog, I personally think you guys should ease up a bit, it's becoming a bit much.

This thread has now turned into something else because the previous moderator had to say something he really didn't need to say, he could have just moved it which takes a total of 5 seconds or just let it be, and that be the end of it. A remark doesn't need to be thrown out for everything, it derails discussions and makes people angry.

A review for Edge of Tomorrow has been released already.

Did you even read a single post?

640px-Picard-facepalm.jpg

Let's be honest here, select few people exist in this community/YouTube channel for his movie commentary and reviews, I would estimate probably sub 10%. The overwhelmingly vast majority come for gaming content, content which is extremely lacking these days.

In regards to the 'incorrect section' remark, I don't go digging around forums looking through countless redundant sections that could be consolidated into maybe 12-14 total for EVERYTHING on the forum. It's highly annoying when people setup their forums this way, there is too much going on, it's like when people have Teamspeak or Mumble servers and they have a channel for literally everything in existence, it's ridiculous

That's cool and all but where is everything else? There are months and months of relevant things just not being reviewed or covered. Ever since this YouTube copyright thing happened he just kind of fell off.

Yes. Angry Joe has cancelled some the games he tried to review such as Battlefield 4, Fighter Within (which is like hybrid between Shaq Fu and DragonBall Z Kinect), and the others who mentioned his gameplay footages such as Dark Souls. Angry Joe was also cut the scenes from the movie. Example when Angry Joe comment about Jesse Eisenberg play as Lex Luthor in Superman vs. Batman movie rather hire Bryan Cranston as perfect fit for Lex Luthor (I would picked Bruce Willis to play as Lex Luthor due to resemblance in Injustice: Gods Among Us). I supposed Angry Joe was planning to add the scene from the movie Major Payne where the recruiter get his hair become shaved and bold after he laughed on Jesse Eisenberg get shaved and bold (just like Britney Spears) to order play as Lex Luthor, but he won't show us due to copyright problem on YouTube.

+

Major Payne video scene on YouTube got bad quality by using camera pointed on TV thank to MrBigbillyjoe. Don't worry, I will find the best HD quality on other video website.

A review for Edge of Tomorrow has been released already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G35s0sC5Em8

Thank you. I almost forgot to post it from Angry Joe's YouTube video.

LOL. Well actually, I haven't show you the movie review video from Angry Joe's YouTube. So I would like to thanks for him on above them.

Yes I have. That was me being friendly to let you know that your impending warning for breaching the code of conduct is incoming. Please stop being rude and let this thing to rest because it's completely and utterly POINTLESS.

Look no matter where you put your post, if it is the most recent post it will appear to the right of the home page and forum page. So if you think putting a tech support post in General Discussion forum will get more views because everyone will see it there is wrong, when actually if it is a recent post everyone will see it to the right of the two web pages I mentioned. So if no one visits or replies to your topic it's because they didn't have anything to add or say, they don't know how to help, or they just don't care about your topic. The reason why we have sub-categories is so that we don't have one big cluster fuck of topics in a single place, and it makes or duties a hell of a lot easier. So excuse us for wanting to make or duties here easier to maintain so that we can be more efficient with the group we have. Also, about how gaining new members is slow right now is WRONG, just yesterday we were at 40k and right now we are at 41k. I will also talk about your "Let things slide" point of view. If we just let things slide we would have a huge mess of topics in a single forum like I said before. The thing is we put a lot of time in creating all these different sections for people to use, you as a user should USE them; that's why they're there. If you can't go through the proper channels then we're just going to keep on moving your topics either you like it or not. Also by not going to the proper sections, all your doing is being a pain in our asses. Yes some people do it by accident and we understand that and it's no problem, but it is very apparent that you don't give a fuck, which is obvious in your reply to FluffyZykone. Now I hope this opens up your eyes, because me personally, with the topics I've had to close because of you, along with the countless verbal warnings and confrontations. I do not care if you don't come back tomorrow, the next day, and so on. That is what I meant by no one is making you stay.

Yes I have. That was me being friendly to let you know that your impending warning for breaching the code of conduct is incoming. Please stop being rude and let this thing to rest because it's completely and utterly POINTLESS.

What are you talking about? I've clearly been talking about gaming content and gaming reviews the entire time, like I said "Did you even read a single post?". If you did read the thread you posted in you would have not posted that video about a movie.

Look no matter where you put your post, if it is the most recent post it will appear to the right of the home page and forum page. So if you think putting a tech support post in General Discussion forum will get more views because everyone will see it there is wrong, when actually if it is a recent post everyone will see it to the right of the two web pages I mentioned. So if no one visits or replies to your topic it's because they didn't have anything to add or say, they don't know how to help, or they just don't care about your topic. The reason why we have sub-categories is so that we don't have one big cluster fuck of topics in a single place, and it makes or duties a hell of a lot easier. So excuse us for wanting to make or duties here easier to maintain so that we can be more efficient with the group we have. Also, about how gaining new members is slow right now is WRONG, just yesterday we were at 40k and right now we are at 41k. I will also talk about your "Let things slide" point of view. If we just let things slide we would have a huge mess of topics in a single forum like I said before. The thing is we put a lot of time in creating all these different sections for people to use, you as a user should USE them; that's why they're there. If you can't go through the proper channels then we're just going to keep on moving your topics either you like it or not. Also by not going to the proper sections, all your doing is being a pain in our asses. Yes some people do it by accident and we understand that and it's no problem, but it is very apparent that you don't give a fuck, which is obvious in your reply to FluffyZykone. Now I hope this opens up your eyes, because me personally, with the topics I've had to close because of you, along with the countless verbal warnings and confrontations. I do not care if you don't come back tomorrow, the next day, and so on. That is what I meant by no one is making you stay.

I've run countless forums, I'm involved in many others which don't share this ideology and excessive moderation and they run much smoother, they absolutely do. You only need to intervene when things get out of control and the most you would need to do in that case is lock or delete threads. It makes it a more friendly place to post, you don't have to be worried all the time and the load on you guys is lessened considerably.

I am not saying dump everything and just do that, but it's not a bad idea to adopt a more relaxed attitude, it makes people more inclined to WANT to be here. I want to be here, others want to be here, but when things are just run in a way that makes it as if you have prison guards watching your every move it gets tiresome and they leave.

This is advice for not only the benefit of the users but the community as a whole, you will hurt this community greatly over time with this micro-management style moderation. I've seen it happen to almost every community I've been in over the past 15 years, it just doesn't work. If the community was HUGE and had massive traffic and posting that is one thing, but when it is slow like it is around this place you have to go easy on the people who are actually around and active, they are the ones keeping the boat from sinking.

When it comes to a forum, less is more, less is always more. Let's just leave it at that, we clearly share different views on some things but that doesn't mean you should scoff at or disregard what I'm saying because there is a lot of validity to it. Take it into consideration, reevaluate the way things are around here in certain regards.

JoelMattGarcia, Mellow and Halavo like this

A lot of people who use these forums report topics that are in the wrong places. Do you know why? Let me answer that for you... It's because they know that those topics are in the wrong place. Micromanaging the forums by making sure everything is in the right place is a good thing for our search feature. It makes it way easier to find something specific. So let's say I want to find a topic discussing a rumored game coming out, but I don't know where it is. So what I'd do is find the forum section it would be in, then I do a search within that section, and voila there it is; the topic I wanted discussing said rumored game. Now if we let everything go into one place like you want, it will be a lot more difficult for people to find what they need. We don't care about your experience running a forum, we don't care about how your forum did or does things. We have things setup here the way we do, because it makes it easier for new members to find something to get involved with. All you're doing is impeding on that. You're not helping, you're actually being the problem... Stop being the problem.

All this argument over where the thread was posted but shadowing the fact that the original point is right.

Joe just simply doesnt seem to review games anymore or atleast nowhere near as often as he used to before Youtube scared him.  Thats what i started watching Joe's vids for and this was before other Joe was even involved.  Dont get me wrong i love the Joe and other Joe play vids but like i said that isnt what got me watching Joe's vids. 

All this argument over where the thread was posted but shadowing the fact that the original point is right.

Joe just simply doesnt seem to review games anymore or atleast nowhere near as often as he used to before Youtube scared him.  Thats what i started watching Joe's vids for and this was before other Joe was even involved.  Dont get me wrong i love the Joe and other Joe play vids but like i said that isnt what got me watching Joe's vids. 

I've run countless forums, I'm involved in many others which don't share this ideology and excessive moderation and they run much smoother, they absolutely do. You only need to intervene when things get out of control and the most you would need to do in that case is lock or delete threads. It makes it a more friendly place to post, you don't have to be worried all the time and the load on you guys is lessened considerably.

I am not saying dump everything and just do that, but it's not a bad idea to adopt a more relaxed attitude, it makes people more inclined to WANT to be here. I want to be here, others want to be here, but when things are just run in a way that makes it as if you have prison guards watching your every move it gets tiresome and they leave.

This is advice for not only the benefit of the users but the community as a whole, you will hurt this community greatly over time with this micro-management style moderation. I've seen it happen to almost every community I've been in over the past 15 years, it just doesn't work. If the community was HUGE and had massive traffic and posting that is one thing, but when it is slow like it is around this place you have to go easy on the people who are actually around and active, they are the ones keeping the boat from sinking.

When it comes to a forum, less is more, less is always more. Let's just leave it at that, we clearly share different views on some things but that doesn't mean you should scoff at or disregard what I'm saying because there is a lot of validity to it. Take it into consideration, reevaluate the way things are around here in certain regards.

perhaps if we stopped to think for a second, we'd realize that Joe is just another person, and that problems we dont know of may be the source of this. As for me, as long as Joe is active, we got no right to demand reviews from him, and im okay with that. Its his channel, its his call.

I concur, and I feel like this has been an issue for sufficiently long time for us to actually be concerned about it.

Joe's last game review was almost 5 weeks ago, and that was an Amazing Spider-Man 2 review. And in Joe's recent update/SMITE tourney video he said that the Watch Dogs review would be out "either Wednesday or Thursday of this week". It's now Saturday for me, and the US people aren't that far behind.

I'm getting pretty concerned with the delays, which now leads into no reviews at all. I get that he still uploads content, but It's just not what most people want to watch.  The Spider-Man review has over 900,000 views, while his streams and such, even those that have been out longer than the Spider-Man review, don't have anywhere near that many.

And now with E3 coming up, that's probably a week off as well, both for traveling to the event, and then sorting through all the stuff he's going to record there.

I'd just like some, any clarification as to why so many big releases have been passed up.

perhaps if we stopped to think for a second, we'd realize that Joe is just another person, and that problems we dont know of may be the source of this. As for me, as long as Joe is active, we got no right to demand reviews from him, and im okay with that. Its his channel, its his call.

I get that, real life comes first, of course It does.

But for over a month now with no game reviews, yet with streams and movie reviews, clearly whatever's going on, It's not serious enough to warrant a total shutdown, but somehow serious enough to just not do reviews, which are his main attraction. It doesn't add up for me.

If Joe actually Is going through problems, I'd rather he take time off to deal with it properly.

I concur, and I feel like this has been an issue for sufficiently long time for us to actually be concerned about it.

Joe's last game review was almost 5 weeks ago, and that was an Amazing Spider-Man 2 review. And in Joe's recent update/SMITE tourney video he said that the Watch Dogs review would be out "either Wednesday or Thursday of this week". It's now Saturday for me, and the US people aren't that far behind.

I'm getting pretty concerned with the delays, which now leads into no reviews at all. I get that he still uploads content, but It's just not what most people want to watch.  The Spider-Man review has over 900,000 views, while his streams and such, even those that have been out longer than the Spider-Man review, don't have anywhere near that many.

And now with E3 coming up, that's probably a week off as well, both for traveling to the event, and then sorting through all the stuff he's going to record there.

I'd just like some, any clarification as to why so many big releases have been passed up.

I get that, real life comes first, of course It does.

But for over a month now with no game reviews, yet with streams and movie reviews, clearly whatever's going on, It's not serious enough to warrant a total shutdown, but somehow serious enough to just not do reviews, which are his main attraction. It doesn't add up for me.

If Joe actually Is going through problems, I'd rather he take time off to deal with it properly.

True, true. Alas, maybe the Youtube Copyright BS might be the responsible for it too. We already know Youtube's famous copyright system. yaaaay....

True, true. Alas, maybe the Youtube Copyright BS might be the responsible for it too. We already know Youtube's famous copyright system. yaaaay....

I thought of that too, but TotalBiscuit, GameGrumps and plenty others still upload a fair amount of stuff regularly.

I thought of that too, but TotalBiscuit, GameGrumps and plenty others still upload a fair amount of stuff regularly.

They don't make reviews

They don't make reviews

In TotalBiscuits case he critiques games, even if it's not a full review it's the same concept.

ViralBunny likes this

In TotalBiscuits case he critiques games, even if it's not a full review it's the same concept.

That doesn't matter because concept does not equal time invested. As TB has said himself creating a review is FAR more time consuming than anything he does, especially WTF is.

That doesn't matter because concept does not equal time invested. As TB has said himself creating a review is FAR more time consuming than anything he does, especially WTF is.

Granted, reviews can be time consuming, but that doesn't negate the fact that Joe simply isn't doing as many reviews, as he used to, while other Youtubers remain consistent with theirs, regardless of concept.

I can't comment on GameGrumps, but as a managed partner with Polaris, TotalBiscuit doesn't have to worry about combing through his reviews and hiding game music or other clips, so TB was spared the wave of content claims on his videos.  Joe and the majority of Polaris content makers were made "affiliate" partners, which lead to to the mass of claims and having to be super careful about what goes into their videos.  

Now to address the rate of Joe's reviews let's look at the actual numbers, from a period of March to the end of May (before E3) for the last 4 years:

2014: 7 Reviews (8 if Watch Dog's gets in before E3 -- 9 if you count Edge of Tomorrow, which Joe took down because of movie studio copyright claims)

(Rambo, South Park: TSOT, TItanfall, Metal Gear, ESO, Amazing Spider-man 2, Godzilla)

2013: 9 Reviews

(Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Walking Dead SI, Bioshock Infinite, Defiance MMO, Injustice, Star Trek, Star Command (indie), Metro: Last Light)

2012: 6 Reviews

(Asura's Wrath, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars Kinect. Mount & Blade: NW, Risen 2, Dragon's Dogma)

2011: 8 Reviews

(Dragon Age II, Total War: Shogun, Homefront, Michael Jackson Kinect, Mortal Kombat, Thor, Brink, LA Noir)

So what does that tell us, Joe's reviews are dropping? The AJS is dying? Cats are living with Dogs? The end of the world?

NO, it tells us that even within the same time period across years, video game release rates are variable, and even with that, Joe has kept up with his average for reviews, WHILE at the same time for this year he started streaming 3 nights a week (which gives people a inside look at games he will be reviewing), launching a new gaming community, and having to be more careful about what goes into his videos because of YouTube.

So please, show the man some respect and research before posting your groupthink ideas about what is an acceptable rate of FREE content that he gives you.