• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Null

Alien Vs. Aliens

The best of the franchise   7 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the better?

• Alien
    • Aliens
    • Neither

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

This just popped up in my sub box, so I figured why not pose the question since we're on the cusp of another Aliens game.

Personally, I've always been a sucker for the original.  The lighting was superb and the suspense was really well done.

Both are great but my vote goes to Aliens. Yes Alien is more suspenseful but something about Aliens just makes me enjoy it more.

I love both but my vote goes for Alien. The thread that one alien has in this is way greater than the horde in the second. Not showing the alien for a long time increases the fear of the monster that lurks and the suspense created is something that many horror movies and games nowadays should take as a blueprint

I'm not a huge fan of the movies themselves really. I like the xenomorph all well and good, and the games always have great potential, but the movies just seem to bug me a little. Mostly with seeing some of the stupid things they do.

The "evil schemes" of throwing people away to research a genetic killing machine begs the question of why? Why does the most advanced, leading company of all of humanity with it's own heavily armed and unchecked private military need to create soulless super killing creatures that can't be controlled? Why did they just send one synthetic in the first movie instead of an actually armed group when they knew exactly where the alien eggs were? Or even arm the synthetic for when it encountered them? Why not send their own military force to secure the colony in the second movie instead of risking exposure to the government military forces?

And then the things such as "Let's split up" and "ignore the intelligence we're being given" through out the movies. Trained soldiers were dropping left and right, losing their composure, and mostly proving useless and then the one civilian turns into a super alien killer because of plot power. I hate when that happens, it defeats the purpose of saying the soldiers are trained and neccesary when they're tossed into a grinder to make room for the untrained, barely experienced person.

Aside from all that plot needed nonsense, the alien and general atmosphere does well. The first alien stays silent, plays to it's strengths of an assassin hit and run and highly mobile fighter. The second, with aliens, pulled out the group onslaught "bum rush" strategy showing they can be more than hit and run.

They both have their positives and negatives, so I can't say one or the other save standard "watch them in order" and such.

Those are my thoughts/opinions. Take them for what you will.

Promethus. Anyone.....

Hello?

Just me ok.