• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nickyzhere

CoD Advance Warfare actually looks good...

26 posts in this topic

Ummmmm... I actually got excited while watching this. It doesn't look like a Call of Duty game. It looks... well... good. Please don't freak out, but do tell me what you think.

Finally! They're doing something different! About fucking time. But I'll still wait for the game to drop 50% in price before I buy it.

Looks like they're taking a page or two from Titanfall with the holo sight and drop pods and jump jets.

Why can't we just have Battle Fall: Call of Advanced Honor (which may or may not have aliens, nazi zombies, dinosaurs, and demons).

Have fucking everything, mechas vs tanks vs infantry in huge maps that can be changed with the riddling of bullets and blowing shit up.

However, I look forward to this. The campaign at least. Those thrusters, though, can change things up.

Daniel0112 likes this

I have learned from previous E3's that you should not trust what they are showing and the same is for this game. 

Sure it may look good, but how much of it is scripted and how much actuall gameplay is there in the game.

I will wait untill someone reviews it. 

But i agree the grapichs look awesome, but i will not expect it to be as beautifull when the game releases 

I like the single grenade that changes type, and ripping a car door out as a shield but if thats just a one time thing for that moment in the game and not something I can do constantly, then whatever. Thanks for trying, COD.

It seems that Sledgehammer took the ball on making Call of Duty something more different. This is better than Ghosts and it looked like Titanfall for me.

Daniel0112 likes this

Looks like more of the same crap to me, pass.

It looked fine until the magic enemy marking grenades.

I don't think people realise that this is only the one player... If they add the things like the marking grenades and riot shields that can lower the glass to fire behind then this game is going to be completely AIDS. Imagine search and destroy for example which is a popular game mode in alot of FPS game titles just probably called something different. You run in with your riot shield you throw 1 marking grenade you then lower the glass and know where every person is while you head glitch behind shooting every person who tries it. Game win. Much skill... Much Wow... Fuck off

I don't think people realise that this is only the one player... If they add the things like the marking grenades and riot shields that can lower the glass to fire behind then this game is going to be completely AIDS. Imagine search and destroy for example which is a popular game mode in alot of FPS game titles just probably called something different. You run in with your riot shield you throw 1 marking grenade you then lower the glass and know where every person is while you head glitch behind shooting every person who tries it. Game win. Much skill... Much Wow... Fuck off

We do realize that this is only the single player. That all most of us were talking about. No one said that because of single player that this is going to be the FPS of the year. Since we only have the Campaign gameplay, why don't we stick to only talking about the campaign gameplay instead of criticizing the multiplayer, which most would call the most important part of the franchise, without even seeing it.

P.S You gave one example of one game in multiplayer in which you can easily exit. You may have taken the "Don't hate the player, hate the game." phrase a little too literally. And you seriously don't think they will have a counter for that type of stuff? The different movement styles could easily outmaneuver a slower, riot shield bearing opponent. Not to mention the perks that will counter the marking grenades. If you can bring up a scenario that makes the game look bad, isn't it only fair that I bring up a scenario that makes the game look good?

Sol Omega likes this

This looks... exactly the same as the other Call of Duty games, but with better graphics and bigger setpieces.

It looks good, but you know. Call of Duty isn't exactly going to risk re-inventing them selves.

Yaaay, another attempt to revive an old carcass. E3 Demonstrations have always given too much hype, with the games crash landing after their release. (Im talking to you, BF4!) You know which game had also futuristic stuff? Black Ops II, and look how it ended. Im sorry, but I cant stand this series anymore, and I was a former fan of it. 

We do realize that this is only the single player. That all most of us were talking about. No one said that because of single player that this is going to be the FPS of the year. Since we only have the Campaign gameplay, why don't we stick to only talking about the campaign gameplay instead of criticizing the multiplayer, which most would call the most important part of the franchise, without even seeing it.

P.S You gave one example of one game in multiplayer in which you can easily exit. You may have taken the "Don't hate the player, hate the game." phrase a little too literally. And you seriously don't think they will have a counter for that type of stuff? The different movement styles could easily outmaneuver a slower, riot shield bearing opponent. Not to mention the perks that will counter the marking grenades. If you can bring up a scenario that makes the game look bad, isn't it only fair that I bring up a scenario that makes the game look good?

Shall we go through the numerous amounts of times that CoD has brought in retarded things from the single player over to the multiplayer that were completely unbalanced. Say for example the heart beat sensor and noob tubes in Mw2. Retarded and all I see in this trailer is most of the reasons I won't be playing this game. I don't play CoD for the single player I'm that 10%. Or at least I used to be until BO2...

I agree the game looked pretty good and the looks of it seem very nice. What really grabbed my attention was all the soldiers going into battle and big mechs everywhere plus the guy in the mech suit...I feel like that will be the new Juggernaut killstreak.

I agree the game looked pretty good and the looks of it seem very nice. What really grabbed my attention was all the soldiers going into battle and big mechs everywhere plus the guy in the mech suit...I feel like that will be the new Juggernaut killstreak.

Bet your ass its gonna be scripted xD

I'm not entirely sure why people are still skeptic about this game. Yes, of course we haven't seen the multiplayer and of course the game's not even out yet. But from what we know and what we've seen, the game looks like it's taken a very serious step towards next-gen. Maybe this isn't going to be the most amazing game of 2014, but it's a sight for sore eyes to see that there might just be a place for CoD among the 'true' next-gen games.

nickyzhere likes this

I'm not entirely sure why people are still skeptic about this game. Yes, of course we haven't seen the multiplayer and of course the game's not even out yet. But from what we know and what we've seen, the game looks like it's taken a very serious step towards next-gen. Maybe this isn't going to be the most amazing game of 2014, but it's a sight for sore eyes to see that there might just be a place for CoD among the 'true' next-gen games.

problem is, they could have done it like several years ago. But I think the idea just came a bit too late. 

problem is, they could have done it like several years ago. But I think the idea just came a bit too late. 

We're not defending what they've done in the past, but we're looking at what they are doing now. The game that was demoed at E3 looks good. How about everyone tries this? Instead of looking at this game as a part of the recycled junk that Cod currently is, why don't we try looking at it like it was a new IP? Doesn't that put a whole new perspective on things?

We're not defending what they've done in the past, but we're looking at what they are doing now. The game that was demoed at E3 looks good. How about everyone tries this? Instead of looking at this game as a part of the recycled junk that Cod currently is, why don't we try looking at it like it was a new IP? Doesn't that put a whole new perspective on things?

Maybe you're right. But I swear to god, if all that they've shown is scripted as hell, then I will never give them another chance at all. Activision has been cranking the COD Series forever. I'd wish they took a different style, instead of all the hi-tech mumbo jumbo released since COD MW2

Maybe you're right. But I swear to god, if all that they've shown is scripted as hell, then I will never give them another chance at all. Activision has been cranking the COD Series forever. I'd wish they took a different style, instead of all the hi-tech mumbo jumbo released since COD MW2

I agree. This is the last chance I give this franchise, but I'm at least trying to give it a chance.

I noticed something funny in a video of this game previously and then when I searched it on google my suspicions were quite right...

This is a reskinned Titanfall... Not joking either. For any person who gets butt hurt by CoD being put down please avert your eyes... This is going to sting.

Screen-Shot-2014-05-03-at-7.26.18-PM.png

Looks familiar right ?

titanfall-carbine.jpg

This isn't the only proof I have.. Lol the similarities are uncanny.

@ 2:11 you can see the ships hitting the planet which I assume is obviously earth

You only have to watch a titanfall video to see the bots spawn in very quickly to know what I'm getting at...

It always LOOKS good, but they can slap a new engine on the game all they like, it doesn't change the fact that all those cool things we saw happen are going to be scripted events, and all we're going to be doing is following the leader shooting russians, because it always comes back to russians somehow