• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

8cffe7d4-49f4-49c5-a865-2d60e4401640._V3

In the gothic, ruined city of Yharnam, a plague has begun to spread, the Plague of Beasts an endemic illness that has malformed most of the denizens into bestial creatures.  Those not turned into beasts are mad and attack those who do not carry the disease. Many have traveled to Yharnam to try and find the cure but none have made it out alive. Somewhere within Yharnam's depths is the cure to end this madness and cure this sickness. Are you prepared to hunt your nightmares?

TRAILERS

Annoucement Trailer

Gameplay Trailer- Nightly Hunt

Story Trailer

INFORMATION

Our reasons for coming to Yharnam seems a mystery to us still however it seems we are pulled into a venture far bigger then we expected upon our arrival. We begin by getting a blood transfusion for unknown reasons and shortly after killed by a lycan like creature that takes us to the place that will be our only form of solitude in this bleak and dark city of beasts and death. Of course however we are not alone and there are others trying to survive in this city as you do as well. Fellow hunters and residents who keep themselves locked away from the outside world. Then their are those who we may summon through a system of bells to aid us on our journey to unlock the secrets that hide in Yharnam. We must stay catious though for some hunters seek to only cause trouble and harm you for your precious blood echoes. We will have many challenges and obstacles in front of us, beasts that show how far the plague has twisted some, the question is, are you ready to hunt your nightmares or will your nightmares consume you and you will merely become another beast to wander within the shell of a once thriving city?

INTERVIEWS/SCREENSHOTS

16471157068_f5c546aa32_o.jpg?eaa32f

Playstationblog interview:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/bloodborne-coming-exclusively-to-ps4-in-2015-new-details/

Screenshots:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/bloodborne/b/playstation4/archive/2014/06/10/bloodborne-is-a-work-of-terror-by-dark-souls-amp-demon-39-s-souls-creator.aspx

IGN Interview:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-new-bloodborne-details-and-first-screens-released

Gameinformer Gameplay Impression:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/bloodborne/b/playstation4/archive/2014/06/11/bloodborne-looks-incredible-but-is-it-a-quot-souls-quot-game.aspx

More Gameinformer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/14/bloodborne-looks-to-have-a-lot-of-soul.aspx

Month long coverage of Bloodborne on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/30/bloodborne-everything-you-need-to-know-ign-first

SB_NextGen and DrunkMike like this

Oh yes it does. Plus I was still on the hype of LBP3. I'm an LBP fan as well so a game series I enjoy a ton and then a game made by the guy who was the lead for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, yeah tons of hype from me. XD

DrunkMike likes this

Oh yes it does. Plus I was still on the hype of LBP3. I'm an LBP fan as well so a game series I enjoy a ton and then a game made by the guy who was the lead for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, yeah tons of hype from me. XD

Little Big Planet looked absolutely fantastic and prove that art direction trumps graphics all day, every day.  Though that Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4 trailer are contenders for the latter.

Oh yeah that Uncharted 4 trailer was pretty damn good too. Also that batmobile was sick as well.

I don't know why but I get a darksouls kind of vibe from this trailer.

I don't know why but I get a darksouls kind of vibe from this trailer.

Well it's made by the same guy who was the head of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, plus the fact that it's Fromsoft who also brought us those games as well.

EDIT:

I added some details about the game as well as stuff we know about through an interview that Famitsu had with Miyazaki about the new game.

I'm looking forward to it, also I was surprised to see it was a Sony exclusive.

But Dark Souls 2 kinda turnt me off by killing me every 5 seconds and precluding my progress in the game, so I'm hoping this isn't as unforgiving as the DS series.

I'm looking forward to it, also I was surprised to see it was a Sony exclusive.

But Dark Souls 2 kinda turnt me off by killing me every 5 seconds and precluding my progress in the game, so I'm hoping this isn't as unforgiving as the DS series.

Well Miyazaki is the head of it, the guy who was the main man for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and in interviews it is stated having Demon's Souls elements so you might be disappointed.

a souls type game that's not unforgiving? blasphemy

Doshka17 likes this

Yeah and now a few have reported that it's a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, so expect a challenge. XD

Hopefully, the game world doesn't have dead ends like in Dark Souls 2. And exploration is just as fun in Dark Souls 1.

Hopefully, the game world doesn't have dead ends like in Dark Souls 2. And exploration is just as fun in Dark Souls 1.

Well gameinformer has an article that talks about a gameplay demo they got to see behind close doors. I have it posted in the original post if you care to look at that. It sounds like it takes bits and pieces of both Demon's and Dark Souls though primarily quite a bit of Demon's Souls stuff. They state it's more linear but also has shortcuts to get back between areas as well so I would put that as to something more to the original Dark Souls then Dark Souls 2.

Yes though I wish we actually got to see the whole thing of the gameplay because I am rather curious of the boss they mention about. I hate that we can't get a full gameplay showing of it yet.

lol just casually changing your avatar to bloodborne already

off topic here but the lords of the fallen game looks pretty cool too.  might get that along with this game but then again, i have sooo many games im getting before this year ends ill be surprised if im not flat broke lol.

off topic here but the lords of the fallen game looks pretty cool too.  might get that along with this game but then again, i have sooo many games im getting before this year ends ill be surprised if im not flat broke lol.

Yes that's another one that interests me though I'm slightly surprised that it had no stage time at any of the conferences (unless I missed it since I did not see the first twenty minutes of MS's conference).

Yes that's another one that interests me though I'm slightly surprised that it had no stage time at any of the conferences (unless I missed it since I did not see the first twenty minutes of MS's conference).

well, here ya go.  just pick a video and watch some gameplay

Have we all yet to address a very important information about this game? That Hayao Miyazaki is attached to direct this game! I am not a fan of the Soul's series, I figure I break a controller cause of the concepts. But the great Hayao Miyazaki is helping in some way or form of this game!? I will be getting this just cause his name is attached. I wont lie about the reasons for mu purchases and you can judge me on it. But you can't tell me there isn't a soul in this world who have seen his work and than see his name again doesn't go "OMG TAKE IT! TAKE ALL THE MONEY PLEASE!"

Well yes we know and that's partially why a lot of people are excited since Miyazaki was the head of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, he was the one who came up with the idea of those two games. He didn't work on Dark Souls 2 though, which some people thing cause the game to suffer to some degree, granted I do think Dark Souls 2 is the weakest in the Souls series but still a good game none the less.

that is the main reason why im excited for the game too

Well on Tumblr a guy is posting a lot of what I'm assuming was the gameplay behind closed doors. Just scroll down a bit to see some of the gifs of the gameplay:

http://fuckyeahpraisethesun.tumblr.com/

Definitely a lot more bloodier then any of the Souls games, and that dark atmosphere is awesome.