• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

Interactive site for Bloodborne to quench your thirst while you wait. You'll earn a new theme for your PS4 by going through it at least once:

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/bloodborne-ps4/interactive-trailer/?smcid=pssocial:blog:game:bloodborne_interactive:3_9_15

Also two new areas revealed in it:

Hemwick Graveyard- The inhabitants who lived in poverty here on the outskirts of Central Yharnam seem to of all but abandoned this vast graveyard. But be wary. Surely you are not completely alone.

Forbidden Forest- Rumored to be home to a settlement for those driven out of the city, this forest has been deemed off-limits by the church.

We also get a good look at the Blood Starved Beast, a boss we have only seen really in the trailers.

So it's also been noticed that there will be no warning what so ever when some one joins your world, for either jolly cooperation or to shove a sword in your back so you are going to have to decide for yourself if the guy is friend or foe because I think that will also mean they won't be color coordinated like they were in the Souls games (you know red for invader, white for coop player).

So it's also been noticed that there will be no warning what so ever when some one joins your world, for either jolly cooperation or to shove a sword in your back so you are going to have to decide for yourself if the guy is friend or foe because I think that will also mean they won't be color coordinated like they were in the Souls games (you know red for invader, white for coop player).

Mwuhahahaha...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

giphy.gif

that sounds cool but in this link that you posted earlier about the multiplayer, you can see a red tint on the player who is attacking what i would guess is the host.

Third picture down

http://vetisx.tumblr.com/post/112882505160/new-info-has-been-released-regarding-bloodbornes

I in all honesty hope there's no warning or color though. that would be so much fun to mess with lol

Ah forgot about that image. Well still there is no warning of invaders or cooperation so you have to be ready for anything if you are online.

here's hoping for a ring that makes your color go away like dark souls 2 lol.  

Well the latest Edge Magazine has come out and one big thing we've learned about Bloodborne is that enemies will not be dropping weapon or armor. At first hearing this I thought it as bad but the more I pondered on it the more I liked it and realized they've done this before. More specifically Demon's Souls. Yes enemies did have drops but most of it was junk and the good stuff was sold to you by vendors which Dark Souls changed so it seems they are going back to a Demon's Souls set up where the primary reason to kill enemies (besides you know so they won't kill you) will be to gather supplies rather then sitting there and farming for a specific set of armor or weapon (*looks at Dark Souls 2* I might enjoy you but I hate farming the rare armor).

hmm im not sure how i feel about that.  i liked that if i saw an enemy with some type of weapon/armor that i wanted all i had to do was kill him for it.  but for me personally it might not matter cause god damnit all i want is that friggin scythe

hmm im not sure how i feel about that.  i liked that if i saw an enemy with some type of weapon/armor that i wanted all i had to do was kill him for it.  but for me personally it might not matter cause god damnit all i want is that friggin scythe

What I want is the gun rapier they've shown little hints of. Gunblade FTW! XD

Of course it is somewhat disappointing but at the same time if we are not getting the weapons from the enemies it's probably going to be from a vendor and that only makes me wonder what other awesome weapons we can get off of them.

VaatiVidya gives a run down of the Edge magazine interview (it wasn't a review which VaatiVidya mistakenly says it was in the beginning):

Also seems they have actually balanced out the multiplayer system since now you can invite friends with relative ease with the eight digit passcode. I rather like it, makes a sort of risk and reward system when you invite someone into your world.

Well seems that an event was held March 12th in Japan thath as come and gone to celebrate the game going gold that had a new trailer and a chalice dungeon demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6XSRccWKQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAvJIisVSw

Some other info that has come to light is that joining other players will be based on levels like Dark Souls was (thank umbasa Soul Memory in Dark Souls 2 was appaling). Also another bit of info from the edge magazine is that there is a mechanic in Bloodborne that is top secret and Edge wasn't allowed to tell anything about it so we still have secrets yet known about the game.

what....based on level...not soul memory?.... THANK THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol well that is some really good news

Well unfortunately the videos were removed so hoped you watched them while you can. However they are going to be doing some odd TV thing or something up until launch:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bloodborne/tv_program/

Trailer for this mini series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pF0d3n7qEg

Eight five minute episodes up until launch though what they will be I'm not sure since I don't speak japanese but it will be a nice little taste while we wait for the next two weeks and might keep us from falling victim to the plauge of beasts. XD

Also apparently that is the mind behind the game. Mr. Miyazaki himself.

New Bloodborne trailer that was shown at the special event but you know now you can see it better then from a camera:

THere seems to be a new weapon shown in the trailer at about 1:43. It looks like a claw weapon of some kind and the character seems to applying something to their gun.

Later we also see the player consume an item and then there dodge becomes like a teleport of gray fog.

Okay so some places (mostly in the middle east) have broke the release date and given copies out early. A reddit user had this posted about the game before it was shortly removed but someone managed to copy it and pasted it to another forum which I got it. There aren't any story related spoilers from what I read in it. The only spoilers really are some trophy spoilers, some stat info, and weapon and armor stuff (which there are more then six weapons, so those who were thinking the edge magazine had all the weapons you'd be wrong) but it's up to you if you wish to read it or not.

Right, here we go.

I've finished the game once, taking me roughly 45+ hours. I received one of what looks like at least four endings judging by the hidden trophies. New game plus starts immediately after the ending and makes some sort of sense thematically. I absolutely love this game.

I'll post a few interesting things (nothing too spoilery) based on what you guys seem to be most concerned about.

At the start of new game plus I currently have 14 unique trick weapons. Interestingly, there are more that I am yet to acquire as there is a gold trophy for collecting all of them. In my first playthrough I have managed to get two of them to 10+ which is the highest level.

The blood gems are an interesting mechanic to add both buffs and debuffs to weapons. Primary weapons can hold up to three different ones as you upgrade them, each slot allowing a certain shape of gem. Gems can be quite simple, for example adding +10% general attack power or a little more complicated. The cursed blood gems seem to be more powerful at cost to some other aspect of the weapon, so maybe a huge increase to arcane damage but also a decrease to the weapon durability.

I have about 12 off-hand weapons/items, again not all of them as there is also a gold trophy for all of these. I found having a torch in one of the two slots to be indispensable. Not only does a torch light up and show off the beautiful world design, some enemies are also visibly frightened of the flames.

I have found roughly 19 FULL sets of clothes and armour (yes, there are some light armour sets). There are also some unique pieces that for now at least don't seem to belong to a set. Some of these outfits look stunning and cool as hell. A lot of them have practical uses. The White Church outfit has a very high poison resistance, good for certain areas and bosses. The Ashen set complete with Grey Wolf cap - as seen in some promotional material - has a high frenzy resistance. I guess frenzy seems to be the equivalent of Dark Souls' curse mechanic.

As for beast mode, this still remains a mystery. Certain items and runes (think rings) can give your 'beasthood' stat a buff, and then hitting and killing enemies gives this bar a boost. I managed to max it out, which wasn't easy, but then nothing seemed to happen. I'm thinking that this is something that the day-one patch will expand upon, probably being connected to online.

In terms of magic, there are a few items that I have found that can be used like magic. These cost silver bullets to use. I won't spoil these but I found one or two to be especially useful. You need a high arcane stat to use these items. Arcane also increases the enemies' drop rates, e.g. for blood vials, bullets and blood gems. Enemies also rarely drop items such as poison antidote and molotovs etc

Overall I think this game is a masterpiece and even after finishing it once I feel like I have only began to scratch the surface.

EDIT:

Well apparently we also do actually know the trophy list:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Trophy+Guide

Also I think I know what my character is going to look like: XD

pimping.jpg

I want that top hat, it shall be mine! XD

Also we seem to might know what the secret mechanic in Bloodborne that Edge wasn't allowed to talk about and that is an attribute called Beasthood. We still don't know what it does besides the description that states that it governs the beast form of the player.

Then we are still pondering Insight and what it is because you can increase and decrease it with items along with discovering things (as we saw in the Darkbeast Paarl bossfight on IGN when insight went from 30 to 31.)

yay! time to go insane waiting for this game!  I hope someone lets out info about the diminishing returns for stats in this game, i'd  hate to level someone up just to find out that i leveled the stats terribly

The chills, when that low drum sound thunders the room. Shaking it. Like a far away giant coming towards you. You are left with what can be described as settle lightning.

m29D4B.gif

Working on programming stuff but saw this and felt the need to share because I want it now ! XD

It's a weapon by the way so if you don't want to see don't click the spoiler tag.

8bUIlcG.jpg

Also watching the trailer again recently I noticed that once again at the end of the trailer the Cleric Beast is shown at night once again revealing there must be some means of switching day and night.

on the fextralife bloodborne page they have a little contest going on for winning a ps4 and bloodborne if anyone care.  it just requires your email and if you do it and have others do it through a link you get more entries. 

so here's the normal link to the site: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodborne+Wiki

shameless link incoming for me:    http://virl.io/UXFBDHYF

so it's official, im going insane waiting for this game man........i'd say im going hollow but yeah, wouldn't work.

Yeah so am I, plus doesn't help with the stores that broke the launch date in some countries so spoilers are coming out. At least Fromsoft seems to be doing some good crowd control. Some videos of Bloodborne get taken down nearly as fast as they are put up.

Be warned though if you use PSNprofiles, the actual FULL trophy list is there unlike the wiki post I used earlier meaning spoilers. I didn't look myself at the trophies but yeah thought I would share that news.

So the full boss list is up:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bosses

All right not entirely sure if it's full (at least definitely not the Chalice Dungeon) but damn there are some interesting designs. DIdn't look to long luckily so most of it has left my head but yeah, boss's looks sick. It does look like though that big ass multieyed spider with human hands on the building is a boss. KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!

Also there are five Great Ones not four, that's a mistake they are working on in the wiki because one of the great ones was put in with the normal bosses by accident.