• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

So the Moon Presence does have a name and it's not Kosm, Kos, or Odeon... The Moon's Presence name is.... FLORA

Yep AGermanSpy, one of the people who helped work on the official guide basically let the cat out of the bag. We only ever hear the name of this boss once and it's from the little poem the Doll sings:

"O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients... Let the hunter be safe, let him(her) find comfort. And let this dream, his(her) captor... foretell a pleasant awakening... be, one day, a fond, distant memory..."

You want to go to the 46:04 mark of the video

Now perhaps the name was taken out or any information behind it was removed because they wanted to be more mysterious or perhaps they didn't like it having a name but if this is a true statement it's interesting to know it does have a name.

WeLiVeR and like this

100% getting that statue. Thanks for sharing!!
I havent touched the souls games (yet) but after playing through bloodborne three times now. I will be rushing out to get DS2 next week.

So the expansion has been announced and holy crap it looks awesome. It's called The Old Hunters:

blarrrgh. I wanna watch video so bad but wont because I wanna blind-play the game as much as possible now.. qqqqqqqqqq....queeeeeeee.

UXIIEHK.jpg

Starting November 24th, download the Bloodborne DLC expansion The Old Hunters for $19.99 and experience the nightmare of the hunters who once guarded Byrgenwerth’s darkest secrets.

Set in a nightmare world where hunters from the past are trapped forever, explore brand new stages full of dangers, rewards, and deadly beasts to overcome. You’ll find multiple new outfits and weapons to add to your arsenal as well as additional magic to wield and add more variety to your combat strategy.

With new story details, learn the tale of hunters who once made Yharnam their hunting grounds, meet new NPCs, and discover another side of the history and world of Bloodborne. Here’s a brief glimpse of just some of what lies in store for you when The Old Hunters launches on November 24th, including Simon’s Bowblade weapon, and new boss enemy Ludwig.

9vE91Gq.jpg Kx0IpXp.jpg

Source

Some footage from TGS of The Old Hunter Expansion:

A few other videos, one shows off the moveset of the Simon's Bowblade and the other shows a new NPC summon:

Oh and it has been confirmed that the boss shown in the trailer is Ludwig.

New question about bloodborne and/or the ps4 actually... I have an old HD CRT TV, however many people seem to think HD CRTs never existed, sony and fromsoft included back during the ps3 apparently =P. So uhh.. games on my ps3 would not fit on my screen properly, like, it would be too zoomed in, to the point where if there was something in the corners of my HUD, they would not display. An example is I cannot see how many lives I have when playing double dragon neon (and that enemies can travel off-screen a few good strides and such). I don't think it affected dark souls more than simply having my peripheral vision being nerfed, which isn't ideal but at least it isn't something like the inability to see something completely!

But anyway, I was wondering if bloodborne has a setting thing that does the old "adjust this screen so the '[ ]' fits around the border of your screen" thing that some games do (like the tales series IIRC)...and if not, does the ps4 have one in its system built-in?.

But anyway, I was wondering if bloodborne has a setting thing that does the old "adjust this screen so the '[ ]' fits around the border of your screen" thing that some games do (like the tales series IIRC)...and if not, does the ps4 have one in its system built-in?.

Ok, just checked Bloodborne, and you can't do anything screen-wise except adjust the brightness. The PS4 has the screed adjustment under Sound and Screen though. The think where it asks you to fit the thing into the screen.

Nice! thanks, I checked the ps3 for that in display and there wasn't anything like that. so I made a suggestion, and they never made one after over a year...but maybe they do now. Cuz I find it awfully hard to believe that they wouldn't add it to the ps3 since the damn thing still needs system updates every time I boot it up =P

Well one item that has been kind of snuck out from a little screenshot is of a new weapon (at least it would seem to be a weapon by description and the fact it appears above the torch):

tumblr_nv2ewncngv1ugbyono1_1280.png

To translate:

Galasha's Fists

A lump of steel with finger-holes, wielded by Galasha the Slow.

The towering huntress was unable to use firearms, and instead bludgeoned the beasts with this weapon, staggering them with her blows.

The weapon was named for her fearsome, and in a sense heroic, feats.

Judging by description it would be in the place of the hand that normally wields a firearm.

oh joy, the new dragon bone fist.  can i super uppercut people into the glorious sky?

Well with The Old Hunters DLC right around the corner, Bloodborne is also going to get a patch that adds some new hunter NPCs to the game. They are simply called 'The League':

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/11/05/bloodbornes-upcoming-patch-introduces-new-group-of-hunters-the-league.aspx

Also freaking Moonlight Sword is coming back baby!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/22734714966/in/dateposted/

Ludwig's Holy Blade with some kind of arcane power up. Sorry to burst your bubble, buddy.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but it isn't Ludwig's Holy Blade either...........so there is a possibility that it could be a reference to the Moonlight Greatsword, or it is in fact the Moonlight Greatsword.

Here is Ludwig's Holy Blade

Ludwigs-Holy-Blade.jpg

Here is the Moonlight Greatsword (Dark Souls)

Moonlight_Greatsword_IG.png

Here is the Screenshot Argetlam posted

22734714966_86db522f70_c.jpg

They all look almost completely different, don't they hmm? :D

You see, that sword is the Moonlight Holy Sword. It isn't but that sword that turns into a sword, though.

likes this

Ludwig's Holy Blade with some kind of arcane power up. Sorry to burst your bubble, buddy.

Nope. They state in the article itself that the weapon is called Holy Moonlight Sword. Here is the actually PSBlog Article for conformation:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/05/bloodborne-patch-details-new-screenshot-from-the-old-hunters/

Plus comparing the two, Ludwig and this Holy Moonlight sword, despite having an overall similar blade shape, they have quite a few differences. Biggest one being the hilt shape. Ludwig's hilt is rather simple being just a straight line across while the Holy Moonlight Sword has a V shape to it. Then the fact that even if it was just an arcane powerup you would probably see some of the designs on Ludwig's sword but the Holy Moonlight Sword has no designs on the blade itself what so ever.

Well I finally gave in and bought it today, I hope I don't regret this....

likes this

Oh, Kos, or as some would say, Kosm, grant him eyes.

On 06/11/2015 at 10:26 PM, The Anti-Santa said:

Oh, Kos, or as some would say, Kosm, grant him eyes.

The Anti-Santa and like this

Oh, you'll find out. If you survive that long.

I got it for 20 bux.. or was it 30? (canadian currency mind you, which is worth less than monopoly cash atm) whatever. cheap cuz I loved the souls series, including demon's souls. I'm sure I'll like this.

Buy me a ps4 though... Seriously... why would you have a ps4 and not have this since months ago? whyy? whyy!?

likes this

I got it for 20 bux.. or was it 30? (canadian currency mind you, which is worth less than monopoly cash atm) whatever. cheap cuz I loved the souls series, including demon's souls. I'm sure I'll like this.

Buy me a ps4 though... Seriously... why would you have a ps4 and not have this since months ago? whyy? whyy!?

He was probably hesitant since he didn't enjoy Demon's Souls.

Also, there's a Complete Edition for Pre-Order on PSN right now. Don't know if they'll have a physical version for that. But you could've bought it from the PSN Site even if you don't have a PS4. Can't tell how much it is since it says "Unavailable" for me since I already have Bloodborne.

Crazycrab likes this