• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

Well yes we know and that's partially why a lot of people are excited since Miyazaki was the head of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, he was the one who came up with the idea of those two games. He didn't work on Dark Souls 2 though, which some people thing cause the game to suffer to some degree, granted I do think Dark Souls 2 is the weakest in the Souls series but still a good game none the less.

I will not lie to you sir, I didn't know he worked on the Soul series. Well I guess you learn something new, and should slap my wrist for not knowing this.

I am of the majority of 100% who felt Demon Soals was challenging, were I imagine most will disagree with me, it wasn't a fair challenge that relied on cheep bullshit like AI that prayed on ones natural instincts and putting one or two-hit-kill enemies round corners and blind spots where would always see you first. Frankly, I hated that game.

Bloodbourne I think looks allot more promising. Hard enemies more powerful than you, but you can use tactics and the environment to your advantage. This could be good.

I am of the majority of 100% who felt Demon Soals was challenging, were I imagine most will disagree with me, it wasn't a fair challenge that relied on cheep bullshit like AI that prayed on ones natural instincts and putting one or two-hit-kill enemies round corners and blind spots where would always see you first. Frankly, I hated that game.

Bloodbourne I think looks allot more promising. Hard enemies more powerful than you, but you can use tactics and the environment to your advantage. This could be good.

I think after hearing this and seeing Blood Borne with its setting, I finally will try out a Souls type game. Time for me to understand the struggle.

Well yes we know and that's partially why a lot of people are excited since Miyazaki was the head of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, he was the one who came up with the idea of those two games. He didn't work on Dark Souls 2 though, which some people thing cause the game to suffer to some degree, granted I do think Dark Souls 2 is the weakest in the Souls series but still a good game none the less.

If Hidetaka Miyazaki is actively working on the games development then I'm definitely interested and expect it to be pretty damn good.  Anything excluding Miyazaki is left to the whims of FromSoft which are notorious for making games that are either garbage or, at best, kind of "OK".  Though, I must admit I've not played any of the Souls game to date, so I'm jazzed to jump into the foray with Bloodborne.

gameplay trailer!

It's interesting to see in the trailer that it still was under the title of Project Beast. Perhaps an early trailer of the game before E3? All I can say is this:

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

It's interesting to see in the trailer that it still was under the title of Project Beast. Perhaps an early trailer of the game before E3? All I can say is this:

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

AND MY PETS! TAKE IT ALL!

i think i read somewhere that shields are gone from the game.  If that's true then this will be very interesting

Yes there have been several interviews on sites that state shields are not going to be used, at least not by the player. Miyazaki says something along the line that he wants the player to be a bit more on the offensive and that each fight to feel like it's life or death.

Yay no more turtling in PvP! I hope if there's pvp it will be cheap *cough* orbs in dark souls 2 *cough*

Removal of shields?  A part of me feels bad that the people who used shields as a crutch may have a much harder time now.  However, the sadist in me is cackling like a mad man while dual-wielding swords.

Gameinformer had another article talking about Bloodborne, and comparing similarities to the Souls series which gives light of some of the game mechanics that will be in Bloodborne. Also put the leaked gameplay trailer in the main post.

Here's an awesome remix of the gameplay trailer music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Q40jW82P8

Also from listening around the web a bit, I've somewhat discovered that the gameplay trailer could of been and probably mostly like was going to be shown at last years Tokyo Game Show. After all there was mention of it, teasing of it by a Sony rep that it was going to be a 'Beast of a Show' when asked about if there was going to be a Souls reveal. So basically the trailer was made for TGS but was never used.

i hope they have a beat for this, i missed the dark souls 2 beta cause i didnt have a ps3 back then

10479639_10152547594251803_1074039258924

I just saw Sony dropped a few screenshots of Bloodborne. Click Here if you want to see the other screenshots.

man, end of 2014 and 2015 is going to make me go broke

Yes same for me. XD

Also.. Why you forget Bloodborne Joe? Why? :(

He mentions every other game but spaces on Bloodborne in his E3 analysis.

well, to be fair, he hasn't even done a single souls game review lol.  i think he cant finish them

well, to be fair, he hasn't even done a single souls game review lol.  i think he cant finish them

True, I had been looking forward to a Dark Souls 2 review since he said he would try and get around to it but after how long it's been out that isn't going to happen but there were plenty of other games he hasn't reviewed that are sequels as well so yeah. Any case it was still the one big announcement he did not cover.

Had to post this link because I've been looking for the image for ages. It's usually just a small portion that is colored and the rest is transparent:

http://www.true-gaming.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bloodborne-21.jpg

Definitely my new wallpaper.

Man I love the art design of the image. It feels like a concept design done for The Nightmare Before Christmas. It looks so beautiful.

Doesn't fit so well as a desktop wallpaper though. Atleast not in 1920 x 1080. I got photoshop so I want to try and mess with it if I can make it better. If I get it to work I'll post it here.

Yeah that is the problem with the image, it doesn't really fit as a wallpaper but for now I'm just dealing with the annoying stretched version of it. But if you do get it to work I would love to see it. I'm awful with photoshop. XD

Yeah that is the problem with the image, it doesn't really fit as a wallpaper but for now I'm just dealing with the annoying stretched version of it. But if you do get it to work I would love to see it. I'm awful with photoshop. XD

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/uploads/gallery/album_265/gallery_2218_265_263104.jpg

made it 1920x1080 for ya

Looking forward to seeing more gameplay for Bloodborne and how it will differ from Dark Souls and / or be similar to Demon Souls. I did see the leaks but I am waiting to see something more official I suppose.

My hope is that it will bring the difficulty that we've come to expect from the "Souls" (series?) games but with heavy elements of horror and dark fantasy.

And also hopeful that the inclusions of blackpowder weapons, or guns, doesn't break the gameplay in any manner.

your sig sir, needs to bow before the great eye.