• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

Man. I got to wait until I can get $20. Until then, I guess I can get use to bloodborne combat again.

I tried to beat the first boss on my first character, who's currently in New Game +4. Key word being 'tried'. Just straight up can't do it. I can not beat the first boss, and I'm the guy who beat The Moon Presence on my first go with only 5 blood vials left right after beating Gehrman. He's just deals so much god damn damage with a single hit and has so much health. I got him down to half health, ONCE, never been able to get that close again.

Time to load up a character that's only in New Game +.....

You remember that scene from Jaws where the shark starts pulling the boat, and Richard Dreyfuss is screaming "It's not possible! It's not possible!"? So far The Old Hunters is that, IF you're trying it for the first time on New Game +4 :P

I believe Vatti said NG+ is hard. Can't even imagine NG++++

It's made worse by the fact that since that character is at level 340, levelling doesn't do a god damn thing at this point, so I straight up can't get strong enough to beat the boss. It doesn't help that Ludwig The Accursed is fucking cheap, with his leap up into the air then suddenly slam down on top of you for a one shot kill.

That move lets you know where he is going to land. The blood dripping from the ceiling is the tell. And the only thing I can say for you is to level vit.increase your heath pool -if you can. Other than that, you have to make a new character.

That move lets you know where he is going to land. The blood dripping from the ceiling is the tell. And the only thing I can say for you is to level vit.increase your heath pool -if you can. Other than that, you have to make a new character.

It's still his cheapest move. It's an instant kill, doesn't matter how much health you have. And I've only ever been able to doge it ONCE. 

I'm starting to get pissed off at this DLC. I dropped $30 on this and I can't even experience it because I can't beat the first fucking boss. He just has WAY too much range, WAY too much health, and does WAY too much damage. I even grinded 30 more levels and nothing changed. Even with the old hunter summon I can't beat him. It's bullshit.

The best thing I can suggest is starting a new character and co-oping until you get the dlc item. Increase vit a lot.

Well you are in NG+4 and it's end game content so its not going to be easy. I mean people who stick to low level characters on NG are having trouble with it. Level 150 on NG+ is tough.

My best advice for his jump attack is to just continuously roll while you are waiting for it rather then trying to time the right moment. That's what I've always done with all my characters and haven't been hit by it once. Then depending on how much damage you are doing, summoning the old hunter might be more of a liability then useful as a distraction.

@The Anti-Santa, if you do make a new hunter to have a more even fight lit me know. I'm planning on making a new hunter myself and wouldn't mind co-oping the game - I don't yet have the dlc though. I'll hopefully be getting it soon. My psn is Insane_Warrior0, the exact same as my id here.

@The Anti-Santa, if you do make a new hunter to have a more even fight lit me know. I'm planning on making a new hunter myself and wouldn't mind co-oping the game - I don't yet have the dlc though. I'll hopefully be getting it soon. My psn is Insane_Warrior0, the exact same as my id here.

Co op is the easiest answer, the only problem is I don't have a fixed internet connection where I live. Australia's infrastructure is a joke.

Still. If you want to try let me know.

I'm gonna just grind a bunch and if I still can't do it I'll start a new game. I can pretty much finish the vanilla game in like a day I've done it so many times at this point.

Ah. Then the only advice I can give is to speck into vit a lot

So, I might be able to get the dlc sooner than expected. Anyone want to run it with me once I do get it?

Beat Ludwig finally. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

Bloodborne isn't really new any more, and yet people are still just posting that they 'beat ___"...giving me the impression that doing everything in the game is much much harder than any of the souls games (which have nice difficulty but not as bad as people make them out to be)... Is bloodborne really THAT much harder? or does it just seem so based on my impressions on the commentary?

Not that it's a turn off, I'm just like.. uhh.. trying to assess if I should continue drooling or not... I want a ps4 qq.

Is bloodborne really THAT much harder?

It really depends. To some hardcore Souls players it may at times seem easier, to some it's really hard. I think the aggressive gameplay clicks with some people more than others. It is hard when you first play it though, because you basically have to re-learn how to play coming from Dark Souls to Bloodborne.

I have to agree with Santa here, there are some areas and bosses I can beat without thinking... and then you have Ludwig and I just want to get Dragon God to punch his face in.

Bloodborne isn't really new any more, and yet people are still just posting that they 'beat ___"...giving me the impression that doing everything in the game is much much harder than any of the souls games (which have nice difficulty but not as bad as people make them out to be)... Is bloodborne really THAT much harder? or does it just seem so based on my impressions on the commentary?

Not that it's a turn off, I'm just like.. uhh.. trying to assess if I should continue drooling or not... I want a ps4 qq.

Well it's partially what Santa said  along with that the first dlc came out a week ago some are going back to play through that which are primarily man of these 'I just beat (blank)' is coming from.

It's interesting what can be lost in translation:

Most interesting thing to me is that the message on the chair in the beginning of the game has apparently been confirmed even by the developers is that it was written by your character, not some other random NPC or the guy who gave you the blood transfusion in the beginning, it was a message written by you to you.

Yeah. Though it begs the question: why? After the blood transfusion do you happen to forget your most recent memories? Or you're past entirely. Because if something didn't happen to your memories then there would be no reason to leave that note. Guess we will never know.

I just got a ps4 last night and booted up bloodborne. I guess Im playing it wrong cuz even though I havent read anything to spoil the game or whatever Ive frewurntly heard people talk about some flerif beast asa. First boss... Never seen such a monstwr yet and I killed a father gascone.

Im having a hard time understanding how to riposte with the gun. I read you do it as enemies attack but it only works some of the time. Not sure what im doing wrong.

I just got a ps4 last night and booted up bloodborne. I guess Im playing it wrong cuz even though I havent read anything to spoil the game or whatever Ive frewurntly heard people talk about some flerif beast asa. First boss... Never seen such a monstwr yet and I killed a father gascone.

Im having a hard time understanding how to riposte with the gun. I read you do it as enemies attack but it only works some of the time. Not sure what im doing wrong.

The Cleric Beast is an optional boss, if that's what you're referring to.

welp, I found the cleric beast, and frankly it was kind of a joke. I found the 2 werewolf things on the bridge to be much much much harder... I also didn't find the cleric beast first because the big ogre thing on the bridge just before it. I thought it was one of the ones with a big cleaver, kinda like the one behind all htose boxes very early in the game. I cheesed that one using oil and molotovs, but I didn't have any more oil (I used 2 more on father gascone), so I didn't wanna mess with it..but when I chose to go back and do so since I gained a few levels, I was like.. oh, it's just one of the wussy easy ogre things. I think I only healed 2 times on the cleric beast, and finished with more than half my health... father gascone ont he other hand, I used effing 15 lol.

Anyway, I'm now wandering round the area behind the father, found old yarham, took out the dude with the machine gun (he was tough, but Ig ot lucky and he rolled close to the edge and I pushed him off), and... I kinda thing I explored everywhere there and don't see where the heck to go. I cleared out the evil church thing, including the rafters above, I got that other hunter npc dude near the machine gun guy, and found the path leading to the building behind him with the staircase going up the perimeter.. I think it had a weapon in it too, huntsmen's torch I think? I forgot. I did buy that key thing that cost 10000 blood but I kinda feel like there must be something I'm missing by the machine gun guy. Seems like an odd place for a dead end.

I'm having fun but so far I've liked all the souls games more. I think it's because there was more equipment drops and stuff to experiment with. Enemies never seem to drop anything you can wear, and there isn't really much to buy in terms of what you can wear. 

I don't see how this game is so much faster though. I mean yeah sure you move faster than if you wear heavy armor in souls, but if you wear light armor I'd say it's about the same. The only thing that seems much faster to me is that most of the enemies seem to use 4-5 hit combos fairly often now. I mean in the other souls games most enemy attacks are single or double strikes, and RARELY there would be a big chain attack. But in BB seemingly every enemy has a big 5+ hit combo that they use about as often as any single or double attacks. they aren't weaker either, they will kill you even if you're at full health. In fact in that evil church place I was carelessly mopping enemies around because they are pretty easy and if they hit me I can heal up by smacking em in revenge. But one of those hooded/robed things did an 8hit combo to me and I was dead before the darn thing was even finished it!

I'm still having a hard time figuring out the proper way to riposte using the gun. Does raising the shot state (bloodtinge I think) increase the window of opportunity for the riposte thing? if not bloodtinge seems like a god awful stat since the gun hits like a wet noodle and seems to be only good for the riposte feature, or for nicking someone who has practically no health left.