• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

All right there are two choices here. First off, is after killing Cleric Beast, the messenger's in the Dream that are in the fountain will be selling the Cleric Seal for 10000 Blood Echoes, this will get you access to the gate that has one of the giant guys wanding up and down a set of stairs outside of Odeon's Cathedral. OR you can go all the way down Old Yharnam and at the end you will come across the Bloodstarved Beast. Killing it will give you your first chalice so you can do chalice dungeons if you want but killing this also allows you to open a pathway in Odeon's Cathedral which will take you to the Healing Church Ward where you'll have to drop down carefully through some rafters to the ground below and where a door is at guarded by a beast that can be a tough fight. Doing so will take you through some backalley areas which will lead to the place behind the gate that you can open. Either way gets you going in the same place.

As for items, you are not going to find any clothing items being dropped from enemies, nor weapons. These are found as loot OR if it's a boss will be sold by the messengers in the Dream at the other fountain that requires insight to buy stuff. Some itemms can't be bought unless you complete certain NPC questlines.

The combat is still faster then that of Dark Souls even compared to light builds, (testing and stuff has been done. All that good stuff). Dodging is more important because like you yourself said, enemies are more inclined to combo attacks then Souls games, they are faster, so if you don't dodge and get hit, you either got to try and quickly time it right so you dodge out of it, or get a lucky hit and stun them a bit. If not you are SOL.

Guns main purpose is riposting and NO bloodtinge doesn't increase the window, just the damage of guns slightly, yes it's useless unless you are using certain guns (usually the cannon's or the gattling gun), small fire weapons aren't as great except for a select few. Or you are using a weapon that can also be used similar to a gun in its two handed state (the gun spear, the sword I can't pronounce, or the sword bow).

Yeah if your a veteran of the Souls games the Cleric Beast is a push over. But then he's kinda supposed to be, he IS the first boss after all. I don't remember the Asylum Demon putting up much of a fight.

And if the game doesn't seem that much faster, it will once you start fighting the harder Hunter NPC's, and both of you are side dashing around each other and the camera's swinging around. 

And I actually really don't like all the item drops you get from enemies in Dark Souls. This is just me, I like my inventory to be neat or at least only have stuff in that I'm gonna use or want to use, and most of the shit enemies drop in Dark Souls is crap, and just clutters up your inventory. Like what am I gonna do with seven pairs of old knight leggings? That's one thing I loved about Lords of The Fallen, enemies only drop gear ONCE.

I really wanted to finish old-whatever because I killed the machien gunner and such and just couldn't find where to go next... I basically somehow overlooked the path leading to the smokey room followed by an area with a bunch of werewolves... you know, from the ladder going up to the machine gonner, there's a locked door going down to the bottom of the church thing where you hear the monsters praying, I didn't notice the path in between the shortcut ladder/door, and the church exit. So yeah, I did that area and for whatever reason the werewolves in that area were nowhere near as dangerous as the ones on the big bridge before the cleric beast (I think it's cuz I leveled up and now I can 'stun' them with each hit, but when I was at the bridge I could not, so attacking them, even if they were in the middle of their own attack missing was very risky). I got to the blood-starved beast boss, and it too was not that hard (seriously, father gascone is effing op compared to the other bosses so far imo). Then I travelled beyond the area needing that 10k key thing.

Somehow while fighting one of those giant dudes, I managed to do a critical-stun thing like when you shoot-riposte an enemy.. though I didn't do anything but slash em alot with regular attacks. I have no idea how or why but whatever. I've never been able to do that to those enemies before, either with the gun, or by charge-attacking their behind. I thought they were immune, but somehow fast strikes did that once, go figure.

Anyway I died twice to those tophat weirdo dudes using those red-glowing cross stick things, then decided to just screw around and re-explore old content for fun. Found a new enemy behind the church-safe area. some dude with a bloody sack like santa or something, carelessly rushed it thinking it'd be easy since nothing in that area was a threat at that point, and got 1shot. So I spawned in some hidden-city something which I assume is supposed to happen if that guy kills you. I found more of those things, learned they are hard as fuu to kill at my level/gear-quality...but found they are pretty easy to gun-riposte, so managed to explore that area a bit and get some loot, including my first rune which I don't think I can even use yet, lots of twin-blood whatever things, which is above my level range, yay... and I got some tesla-mace thing which plasters the shit out of my current weapon.. seriously, that thing hits as hard as my normal weapon does with visceral hits on many enemies. That giant cleaver thing early in the game hiding behind all the boxes used to take me like 20 hits to kill, now my mace can kill him in 2.. and not even strong hits. just 2 r1's.. wdf.

so I went back to the bloody cross enemies, 2shot them with my fancy new mace, got to the boss, figured it must be resistant cuz the mace did about as much damage as my sawblade...much much less in fact after using a fire paper, killed that, found the graveyard area with gunners and hook-horror looking things, then turned back and quit when I noticed I had like 60k blood echo and figured maybe I should quit/level up before I lose it all =P

Anyway, I think I still prefer the previous souls games more. oddly enough one of the reasons why is because I liked the enemies more I think... I constantly head people say they like bloodborne because of the better enemy variety. But so far everything is either a man, a big man, or a dog/wolf, or something in between a man/wolf/dog thing, with long hair added everywhere...haven't seen anything else yet.. There may be more but what I describe is literally everything other than the boar/rats, not even exaggerating or misleading. I wonder if I'm the only one. That said I have a feeling I'll like dark souls 3 more than bloodborne... not tha tI'm complaining, it's still tons of fun.

Oh yeah, question. I never tried tha tfirst chalice dungeon yet because based on what I heard people who have end-game gear still can't beat chalice dungeons fairly often, but that said, is the 'loot' in them worthwhile if I wont be intimidated by the challenge? For the first one anyway. Basically, why should or shouldn't I attempt it yet?

Oh yeah, question. I never tried tha tfirst chalice dungeon yet because based on what I heard people who have end-game gear still can't beat chalice dungeons fairly often, but that said, is the 'loot' in them worthwhile if I wont be intimidated by the challenge? For the first one anyway. Basically, why should or shouldn't I attempt it yet?

Most of the loot you get from the Chalice Dungeons are materials to open other Chalice Dungeons. Rare, depending on the depth, what kind of chalice you're using, etc, you'll find an Uncanny or Lost version of a weapon, the only difference between those and the regular kind is you can equip different blood gems into them. Which can be handy if you're going for a very specific build and want a weapon to do more arcane damage, or example. Rarely, like blue moon rarely, you'll find something REALLY good, like a Blood Rock (which has a 4% spawn chance in a dungeon of depth 5 or higher), and there's bosses in the Chalice Dungeons who unlock armour for you to buy from the insight messenger at the Hunter's Dream. The dungeons do get harder the deeper you go, especially the Isz dungeons, they're easily the hardest. You get the next level chalice every time you beat a boss, the deepest series of dungeons is the Pthumerian ones, but if you get to the very last dungeon, the final boss is a secret boss you'll need to defeat to get 100% of the trophies.

They're a fun distraction/grind if you've beaten the game. At around level 100 most of them are piss easy because they don't scale.

It depends if you are going into the PvP side of things and how far you are going to go with the NG+s. The chalice dungeons reward you with tougher dungeons the farther you go and the farther you go, the rarer bloodgems bosses will drop, bloodgems being of course the things you enhance your weapon with. If you want the really good stuff then yeah you'll want to do them. The early dungeons aren't to tough for midgame players, it's the higher level ones you'll want to wait for end game.

Then of course two of the bosses do have armor sets so if you want those you'll have to do the dungeons. Along with variation of the weapons you get through normal game that can be found in the dungeons that allow for different bloodgem variations. Oh and then the beast claws, if I remember correctly those can only be gained in the Chalice Dungeons as well.

Of course the secret boss at the end of the dungeons if you are going for the plat of the game. Then the chance at Bloodrocks though now that they are sold by the insight shop that could nto be as big of an incentive but they cost quite a bit of insight if I remember.

pvp isn't gonna happen since I don't have gold membership.. I never bother getting it either unless it offers discounts for games I want that outweigh the cost of getting the membership to begin with (which so far has been only twice in my ps3/psp/psvita 'career'...that and I think I get another 2 day trial for my ps4, it offered it to me when I booted up bloodborne and said multiplayer just to see what would happen.

As I understand it though, to do a chalice dungeon, I have to 'pay' with materials, which I assume I lose afterwards. So if there isn't really any good rewards for completing them, paying doesn't seem worthwhile yet. I'll prob do it before I beat the game for my first time for fun, but not until I get a better understanding of the materials, their value, how hard it is to obtain more, etc.

I just got ludwigs holy sword, figured it must be good when it cost 20k BE..it seems better than my sawblade, but not by terribly much, not like my tesla mace thing anyway, that thing is rape. I also got an effing amazing gem. before I had some with 0.7% damage buff, a 1.4% one.. a 'good' 2.1% one with hp recovery thing... and now I recently got one with like 7.6% damage AND 3% charge damage... not that I use charge attack that often, just to backstab, where the damage isn't important since the backstab does way more than the actual charge attack.

Does anyone know how I stunned the giant thing? it wasn't using a gun or a backstab, so I dunno what was up with that. They're pretty easy even without the stun but it's driving me nuts.

One thing I like about the game though is how convenient it is when excess amounts of things automagically go into your stash, and you automagically withdraw from your stash every time you get to a lamp.

The materials that you use to pay for chalice dungeons aren't used for anything else except for the dungeons. The only thing you need to perhaps consider is the bloodecho cost.

The holy moonlight sword scales with arcane mostly followed then by strength, so unless your build is aiming for a arcane strength build you probably won't use it much.

my tesla mace also scales with arcane so yeah I've been boosting that atm. I normally have balanced builds in my first playthrus of games just because I'll then decide what I wanna focus on after. And yes, I'm aware balanced builds normally are not the greatest, but that's ok, more challenge =P.. they best let me change playstyles mid game without starting over is all.

Well I'm blowing off the dust and cleaning the cobwebs to bring some new information. Around a day ago, Bloodborne data mining programs were publicly introduced on Reddit by user daemon1 after years of trying to dive deep into the game. Just keep in mind this isn't even all of the unused content and the youtuber plans to show more soon.

Ever wanted to fight some cut content bosses, well now you can! Thanks to twitter user ShadowedImages(ZulietheWitch), we have glyphs of the dungeons that hold cut content bosses and other things. For  cut bosses there are two, one being a third form to the Moon Presence that has a unique chalice dungeon arena that share some similarties to where the Orphan of Kos is fought. And the other boss is the Great One Beast:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-too-can-now-fight-one-of-the-cut-bloodborne-bosses-in-the-chalice-dungeons-in-a-cut-stage.12840/