• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

Bloodborne shall be at Germany's Gamescom, and will be playable for those that go:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-creators-next-game-the-ps4-exclusive-bl/1100-6420991/

You know what that means right boys, floods upon floods of gameplay videos on BloodBorne. Cannot wait!

Only just reached no mans wharf so I will probably not have dark souls 2 completed by this comes out so I won't be buying it

Well information at gamescom for Bloodborne will be given on August 12th judging by what the European playstation blog site has said so keep your eyes open.

Well information at gamescom for Bloodborne will be given on August 12th judging by what the European playstation blog site has said so keep your eyes open.

Hopefully some new footage was well. But I got my eyes peeled back for this.

Hopefully some new footage was well. But I got my eyes peeled back for this.

Well people are actually going to be able to play the game so I'm sure we shall have some new footage for it.

I can't sleep waiting for the teaser. Lucky journalists has one hour closed demo though :/

Holy crap Bloodborne's new trailer was awesome. When it is posted on Youtube I shall get it up.

Jesus the trailer was glorious, we're not worthy Miyazaki XD And was that Maiden in Black at the end? 

DisloyalDimwittedBoaconstrictor.gif

ikO6u5pTBBRvR.gif

ilLKYxv3x4Bge.gif

iwJHsfmoluBvL.gif

I doubt it's the Maiden in Black when we know the game has no connection to Demon's Souls that was announced at E3. Plus the voice though close is different from that of the Maiden in Black.

I doubt it's the Maiden in Black when we know the game has no connection to Demon's Souls that was announced at E3. Plus the voice though close is different from that of the Maiden in Black.

I'm not saying it's Maiden in Black, I mean just the same VO, probably a nod to Demon Souls. I read a lot of reaction too on gaf about hearing Maiden in Black's voice in the video so it's not just me.

Compare this from Demon Soul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSSRExOllk

And the voice in the end from Bloodborne (around 1:37)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSSRExOllk

Also as an addition this is not uncommon to From Software. Sword of Moonlight appeared on their games since King's Field, Seath on both King's Field and Dark Souls, etc

I know but I still don't hear them being the same. Demon's Souls sounds slightly higher pitch in tone and the accent is different to me.

I know but I still don't hear them being the same. Demon's Souls sounds slightly higher pitch in tone and the accent is different to me.

I don't though, it definitely sounds too alike. Will dig more about this. The game looks phenomenal though, if I don't have a PS4 already I might have bought one today lol.

Guess we shall agree to disagree.

Anyways here are some screenshots:

http://fextralife.com/forums/p664143//#p664143

EDIT:

More info on Bloodborne from the European PSBlog. Gives a more indepth look at the concept of the game, the location, and combat:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/12/bloodborne-gameplay-trailer-unveiled-gamescom-2014/

More info on Bloodborne, especially on a new mechanic, the Regain System. Basically in combat there will be a small window of oppurtunity to regain health in combat after being attacked and loosing some health. The game still will be difficult but Miyazaki wants to try and get more fans to the series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-bloodborne-the-sense-of-punishment-is-much-less?abthid=53eba42f3a25118149000020

Also one's experience with the demo at Gamescom:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-the-fear-is-real-in-playstation-4s-bloodborne

More info on Bloodborne, especially on a new mechanic, the Regain System. Basically in combat there will be a small window of oppurtunity to regain health in combat after being attacked and loosing some health. The game still will be difficult but Miyazaki wants to try and get more fans to the series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-bloodborne-the-sense-of-punishment-is-much-less?abthid=53eba42f3a25118149000020

Also one's experience with the demo at Gamescom:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-the-fear-is-real-in-playstation-4s-bloodborne

Sounds like a nice twist to the same 'ol DS formula, personally i'm really happy with it. DS might be a really great game but it's getting stale (really felt it on DS2) personally.

I think DS2 gets more crap then it deserves. Yes it wasn't as good as it's predecessors but it's not a DA2 bad sequel, just a bit under par then we expected.

As for Bloodborne, yeah it will be nice for something new though. I'm interested at the multiplayer portion that has yet to be talked about. Right now the rumor is that it's going to be something similar to Journey that you will just come across others sometimes and what happens after that is up to you and the new person. You could co-op merily or kill each other. That's the rumors though so don't take it entirely serious but it would be kind of cool.

EDIT:

Another person's take on the demo, this one from gameinformer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/bloodborne/b/playstation4/archive/2014/08/13/behind-closed-doors-with-bloodborne.aspx

noyram23 likes this

So here's are the controls of Bloodborne. Granted these are the gamescom controls so they can still change but here's an image anyways:

controls.jpg

So here's are the controls of Bloodborne. Granted these are the gamescom controls so they can still change but here's an image anyways:

controls.jpg

Interesting, I like the changes to Backstab/Backstrike :) at least now it's hard to perform rather than circling around during pvps. There's a dedicated estus/blood vial button now which is great since you don't need to much shuffling around items during combat (silver pendant during Manus usage comes to mind)

Beat me to it, was gonna post the same video.

I did notice this time around in this gameplay, it seems that the more you slice a enemy the more blood comes out. But the more blood that sprays on to you it heals it. I look at this a neat mechanic in a game, since the title is Bloodborne I guess alot of mechanics will revolver around Blood. But as for Demon SOuls and Dark Souls players what do you think of this mechanic?

The mechanic is the health regain mechanic. Basically if you get hit by an enemy and you attack back fast enough you shall gain back whatever health that is taken off depending on how much damage you do. Basically if you look at the health bar when the person gets hit, like all Souls games, the health you loose first is yellow. Normally in Souls game that disappears after a second showing the health you lost but in Bloodborne if you strike back fast enough you will regain that yellow bit of lost health. My only problem with it is that it seems to give you to much time to actually regain health. I think it should be shortened a bit on how much of an opening you have for the ability to regain health.

The mechanic is the health regain mechanic. Basically if you get hit by an enemy and you attack back fast enough you shall gain back whatever health that is taken off depending on how much damage you do. Basically if you look at the health bar when the person gets hit, like all Souls games, the health you loose first is yellow. Normally in Souls game that disappears after a second showing the health you lost but in Bloodborne if you strike back fast enough you will regain that yellow bit of lost health. My only problem with it is that it seems to give you to much time to actually regain health. I think it should be shortened a bit on how much of an opening you have for the ability to regain health.

Oh okay, sorry I am not so familiar with Soul's games and past mechanics. I thought this was new, thank you for clarifying it.