• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

It's new but it works off the health bar mechanics so for those use to Souls games it's just easy to figure out whats going on with it.

The mechanic is the health regain mechanic. Basically if you get hit by an enemy and you attack back fast enough you shall gain back whatever health that is taken off depending on how much damage you do. Basically if you look at the health bar when the person gets hit, like all Souls games, the health you loose first is yellow. Normally in Souls game that disappears after a second showing the health you lost but in Bloodborne if you strike back fast enough you will regain that yellow bit of lost health. My only problem with it is that it seems to give you to much time to actually regain health. I think it should be shortened a bit on how much of an opening you have for the ability to regain health.

It's probably just for the demo, they explicitly said that they made the demo easy so that people can actually progress far enough. 

New article from IGN that talks a bit more on the monster design and atmosphere. No new demo at Pax Prime though unfortunately but it reveals insight on what we didn't see in the six minutes of gameplay that the Playstation youtube channel showed, so don't think you are only going to be fighting other humans. There are creatures that we haven't seen in the demo yet saw in the trailer and then some that haven't been revealed at all.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/30/pax-2014-bloodborne-come-for-the-combat-stay-for-the-atmosphere

Argetlam you're a good man, keep updating us with Bloodborne news :) It's my most anticipated game for next year already. I'm playing DS2 right now but it feels underwhelming and I can't get myself to finish it, I don't know i'll probably layoff on Souls for a while till Bloodborne hits.

Well like you it's my most anticipated game for next year so I'm following it closely and I have to share all the lovely news that comes out for it. XD

As for Dark Souls 2, I would say don't give it. Yes it does fall a bit flat compared to it's predecessors but it still is quite fun and the two DLC's so far released for it are a blast and do answer a few questions as well as keep you on your toes on what shall happen upon collecting all three crowns. I understand your disappointment though, the game isn't as good as Dark Souls unfortunately but at least it is still better then most games that come out.

Japan has a release date. February 5th for Japan. No news though for the rest of the world. It was shown in a new trailer. Nothing really new is shown in the trailer though except clips from the other trailers but here it is anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCOYxAuIcM

It also was announced by preordering you shall recieve an artbook as well as the game's soundtrack. However again though this is only Japan so it might be different everywhere else. Hopefully TGS has more information on when it releases for the rest of the world.

Japan has a release date. February 5th for Japan. No news though for the rest of the world. It was shown in a new trailer. Nothing really new is shown in the trailer though except clips from the other trailers but here it is anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCOYxAuIcM

It also was announced by preordering you shall recieve an artbook as well as the game's soundtrack. However again though this is only Japan so it might be different everywhere else. Hopefully TGS has more information on when it releases for the rest of the world.

Lucky :( I would love an artbook and soundtrack here too. This is probably the only game I will buy a Limited Edition if there is any.

I know in the UK it is list  to be on the SHOW FLOOR for the EGX expo end of the month so should be playable

The game looks so great it brings a tear to my eye. I'm so happy. looking forward to playing Bloodborn.

Tomorrow is TGS correct? Is Sony have a press conference? Because Bloodborne is supposed to be shown off tomorrow.

Sony kinda already did a press conference weeks ago for TGS. Now whether that press event cover everything we don't know. I would say Sony will be there, but probably not as big as we think cause of the showcase they already did few weeks back. But who knows we will see.

No idea but here's a bit of a clear up on the whole Bloodborne alpha. So far it's only been confirmed that EU region is getting these emails and no where else yet so if you are outside EU don't worry if you haven't gotten an email because it doesn't seem like they have been sent outside of EU yet.

30 mins playthrough from TGS :)

I want that sword/hammer XD

I love the weapons and how they look, and also I want that plague mask.

I hope Fromsoft  stick to enemies and areas being challenging and not being tedious and annoying like it was in Dark Souls 2.

I hope Fromsoft  stick to enemies and areas being challenging and not being tedious and annoying like it was in Dark Souls 2.

I have faith on Miyazaki led game which Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne are :)

Crosses my fingers and toes lol

The weapons look hella sick.  I wonder if there are other weapons that have that feature different types of modes

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/new-bloodborne-multiplayer-covenant-and-alpha-details-leaked/

Some multiplayer information has been leaked and all I can say is: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FREAKING MONEY ALL READY! XD

Some keynotes:

Bloodborne Multiplayer Details:

• Players will have choice to make early on in the game, their decision will effect multiplayer
  • Decision to infect blood with to different strain of the sickness. There are rewards for choices but also downsides.
  • Miyazaki-san wants players to feel the fear of having a disease that could consume them, and take their life. This is a ‘hardcore’ mode for NG like a ‘permadeath’. Players must to collect blood for their Heart. If they lose Heart strength for too long, the sickness consumes them.
  • Players must collect Blood Vials and Blood Packs to transfuse their heart health at their Shrine.
  • The sickness transforms dead hunters into their worst fear.
  • In NG, you may become a boss later in the game if you collect enough blood to strengthen you heart.
  • You can summon friends via PS4 friendslist
  • You can no longer use consumable item for healing if you summon friend for boss battle.

Bloodborne Covenant Details:

• Covenant system is not finalized, but some detail I remember. There will be ‘huge beasts’ in the game. If you defeat them you have a choice to become a host for their strain of the sickness at your Shrine. You must invade other player worlds to collect blood for your beast. In NG, The Beast heart will gets stronger from blood and other players will have to fight much harder to kill it. One beast is a giant spider, another is a giant snake.
  • In some covenant, the sickness is very strong and player can choose to ‘consume’ his own heart. This is a permanent choice and binds a character to the covenant permanently. You become beast, and new controls and attacks open up. Dead hunters will bind to the world when they die, their bodies becoming a regular ‘mini beast’ boss enemy within the world like Red Phantom from dark souls.

Upcoming Bloodborne Alpha Details:

• ALPHA will be a co op boss battle, and some simple pvp invasion covenant testing.

Granted this hasn't been confirmed as of yet by Fromsoft themselves since this is a leak but if this stuff is true they are really uping the game with the PvP side of things. From what it sounds like, it won't be as easy to collect your souls/blood after you die, instead you'll have to kill whatever is left behind in your death to retieve what you have lost. The fact that we can be bosses our selves sounds awesome since we haven't had something like that since Demon's Souls. The Mirror Knight is the only closest thing but we weren't the boss so much as merely a helper in the fight.

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/new-bloodborne-multiplayer-covenant-and-alpha-details-leaked/

Some multiplayer information has been leaked and all I can say is: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FREAKING MONEY ALL READY! XD

Some keynotes:

Bloodborne Multiplayer Details:

• Players will have choice to make early on in the game, their decision will effect multiplayer
  • Decision to infect blood with to different strain of the sickness. There are rewards for choices but also downsides.
  • Miyazaki-san wants players to feel the fear of having a disease that could consume them, and take their life. This is a ‘hardcore’ mode for NG like a ‘permadeath’. Players must to collect blood for their Heart. If they lose Heart strength for too long, the sickness consumes them.
  • Players must collect Blood Vials and Blood Packs to transfuse their heart health at their Shrine.
  • The sickness transforms dead hunters into their worst fear.
  • In NG, you may become a boss later in the game if you collect enough blood to strengthen you heart.
  • You can summon friends via PS4 friendslist
  • You can no longer use consumable item for healing if you summon friend for boss battle.

Bloodborne Covenant Details:

• Covenant system is not finalized, but some detail I remember. There will be ‘huge beasts’ in the game. If you defeat them you have a choice to become a host for their strain of the sickness at your Shrine. You must invade other player worlds to collect blood for your beast. In NG, The Beast heart will gets stronger from blood and other players will have to fight much harder to kill it. One beast is a giant spider, another is a giant snake.
  • In some covenant, the sickness is very strong and player can choose to ‘consume’ his own heart. This is a permanent choice and binds a character to the covenant permanently. You become beast, and new controls and attacks open up. Dead hunters will bind to the world when they die, their bodies becoming a regular ‘mini beast’ boss enemy within the world like Red Phantom from dark souls.

Upcoming Bloodborne Alpha Details:

• ALPHA will be a co op boss battle, and some simple pvp invasion covenant testing.

Granted this hasn't been confirmed as of yet by Fromsoft themselves since this is a leak but if this stuff is true they are really uping the game with the PvP side of things. From what it sounds like, it won't be as easy to collect your souls/blood after you die, instead you'll have to kill whatever is left behind in your death to retieve what you have lost. The fact that we can be bosses our selves sounds awesome since we haven't had something like that since Demon's Souls. The Mirror Knight is the only closest thing but we weren't the boss so much as merely a helper in the fight.

I thought this is just a rumor though? I won't believe anything till it's officially confirmed but man if this is true just shut up and take my money already :)

Yes this is merely rumor and supposedly leaked without confirmation from Fromsoft if it's true or not but if it is, this game just keeps getting better and better.