• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

Well if you haven't heard, the alpha has begun. Currently there are three days (Oct 1, 3, and 5) with several hour intervals when the alpha can be played.

I'm still not so happy about how these alpha's were sent about. I just found out a friend who has only ever played Demon's Souls when it first came out get in. Really? I mean he is a good friend and all but come on, I've played and platinumed all three, bought the DLC, and put who knows how many hours into them and not get in yet he merely played it for the platinum and got in? This seems to be an issue for lots of alphas and betas, and don't get me started on the people who get in, who have never even touched the games or anything part of the series.

Well if you haven't heard, the alpha has begun. Currently there are three days (Oct 1, 3, and 5) with several hour intervals when the alpha can be played.

I'm still not so happy about how these alpha's were sent about. I just found out a friend who has only ever played Demon's Souls when it first came out get in. Really? I mean he is a good friend and all but come on, I've played and platinumed all three, bought the DLC, and put who knows how many hours into them and not get in yet he merely played it for the platinum and got in? This seems to be an issue for lots of alphas and betas, and don't get me started on the people who get in, who have never even touched the games or anything part of the series.

did he get notified by email?

EDIT: just saw the trophy requirement thing, well that's lame :/

People keep saying it was based on trophies but how? They say they went by platinums but if that was the case I think I would of been a shoe in then since I've platinumed all three. I have no clue what the requirements were but honestly I don't think there were requirements which is why I have issues with alphas and betas. They say there are some form of mystery requirements yet majority of the time this seems so false and that they merely went 'okay give him, her, her, and him one' just at random.

Like I said my friend is the best and all but come on really? He platinumed one Souls game I've done all three. I have even bought him Dark Souls and he has yet to play it. So yeah I think it was just random bull.

Also like I said there have been people who have played none of the Souls games who got in and don't get me even started on that topic. I understand wanting to bring some new people in but I feel big fans should have top priority instead of just throwing them out to randoms all the time. I know people who won't even use betas or alphas. They'll get them and then do absolutely nothing with them, not even give them to someone who wants it.

well this sucks, i guess at this point we have to hope for either an open beta like dark souls 2, or just wait for release :/

People keep saying it was based on trophies but how? They say they went by platinums but if that was the case I think I would of been a shoe in then since I've platinumed all three. I have no clue what the requirements were but honestly I don't think there were requirements which is why I have issues with alphas and betas. They say there are some form of mystery requirements yet majority of the time this seems so false and that they merely went 'okay give him, her, her, and him one' just at random.

Like I said my friend is the best and all but come on really? He platinumed one Souls game I've done all three. I have even bought him Dark Souls and he has yet to play it. So yeah I think it was just random bull.

Also like I said there have been people who have played none of the Souls games who got in and don't get me even started on that topic. I understand wanting to bring some new people in but I feel big fans should have top priority instead of just throwing them out to randoms all the time. I know people who won't even use betas or alphas. They'll get them and then do absolutely nothing with them, not even give them to someone who wants it.

you have to register beforehand, I did but unfortunately still didn't receive any invitation. I think it's lottery though after registering.

you have to register beforehand, I did but unfortunately still didn't receive any invitation. I think it's lottery though after registering.

Not entirely true. Majority of people in EU who got the email were basically guaranteed in then they had the sign ups. However in the US there was no sign up, only the PSN messages they sent out.

That's another thing with beta/alpha stuff. Sony has terrible planning in the US/NA region most of the time when it comes to the stuff while everywhere else seems so organized and planned.

I have to say, it sucks seeing these alpha videos of it and knowing i can't play it.  

EDIT: welp, i just watched some videos on it and now im wishing i hadn't. -__-  i want this game

Yeah, I've been avoiding those vids. The only gameplay I've seen is still the same stuff we were shown awhile back. Granted from what I've heard the beta itself is merely the same thing that has been shown at the big gaming conventions but I'm not watching anything of it unless it comes from one of those.

The whole having the platinum to get into the alpha/beta is all bull, they said the same thing about DS2 beta and the people that actually got the codes sent out were people who didn't even play DS1.

The whole having the platinum to get into the alpha/beta is all bull, they said the same thing about DS2 beta and the people that actually got the codes sent out were people who didn't even play DS1.

I did actually get into the DS2 beta but yeah the platinum stuff is bull for sure or else why would some people who have never played any of them get in while those who have all of them platinumed not. When they say there were requirements to get into an alpha/beta I just pass it as bull. Unless the person is well known or runs some fansite, the only way in is by random.

Also apparently some people in the alpha managed to gain access to an area they are not suppose to. If you don't know the alpha is basically what we have seen and what people have been allowed to play at the major game conferences for the past few months. You know in the city with the boss being the Cleric Demon and all that stuff. Well apparently a few players have managed somehow to access a 'secret area' or an area they aren't suppose to get to and within this area have found what seems to be kind of a miniboss (like how Dark Souls had the boar when you were low level or the mini tower knight in the parish), some armor that must not be able to get through normal means in the alpha, as well as another boss that has a unique line of dialogue (yes some bosses can speak during the fight it seems) that references Demon's Souls.

This is it guys, i'm planning to go in this game blind so I might not visit this thread or anything related to this game. See you in February (hopefully) :)

All right sir, we shall see you once more in February. PRAISE THE BLOOD! LET THE GLORIOUS HUNT BEGIN! UMBASA! XD

Buraddo o shosan.

I wanna play this but I dont' have a ps4. qq. Dark souls did a lot of great things to Demon's souls but I think I like Demon's souls the most still. It just had the best enemies to battle IMO. I found that future souls games kinda made most enemies threats mostly from bad footing/terrain/nearby pits of death. But a great deal of Demon's souls (some parts are excluded, like that swamp area that looked like blighttown, and the prison tower place thing) had wide open areas, or enclosed areas without any killer terrain so you could move as much as you liked, but still provided challenging battles. I also liked how Demon's souls had a lot more variety of enemies in stages in terms of power. Like the red eye knights amongst the blue eye knights amongst the fallen soldiers, in parts of the game where fallen soldiers were still actually a threat rather than mindless fodder.

My biggest desire though is to make armor important, and meaningfully different, rather than just fashion souls.

I actually liked how armor wasn't as important.  It allows you to wear whatever you want without the worry of "this armor is better than this one so i have to wear it if i want to stand a chance."  Some heavy armor in dark souls still mattered though like havel's armor, but overall i liked the "fashion souls" out look better.

I have to show these off because they are brilliant, this guy is pretty epic for making up music that really feels like could fit into Bloodborne and the game isn't even out yet:

Hey I found the main site for the game. The bad news it's entirely Japanese so it's going to take time translating it but the little I can is rather interesting but here's the link and I'll update with translations at some point:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bloodborne/

EDIT: Translations they might be out of order from the actual site but this is mostly everything that the site says as of now.

• Characters

The Raven Hunter: A hunter with an unusual pair of warped swords. Wears a raven mantle and a doctor's mask, uses bizarre swordsmanship. Well, he seems to be an ally...

The Thirsty Beast: Deformed, its skin peeled off and hanging from the back, the beast is basted with blood, but still thirsty for more. Hard to say why it became this way, but its erratic, nimble movements make it hard to fight.

Church Giant: The church controls treatment of the disease, but it hunts with this large servant. Half terrifying legend, its expression is vacant, its skin pallid, its huge form oddly thin. It screams as it swings its silver weapon. A bell hangs from its neck, and when the citizens of Yarnham hear its ring, they close their doors and stay within.

Lady with a chime: One of Yarnham's inauspicious rumors. When this black-clad madwoman rings her chime, bad things follow. [i guess Miyazaki has a thing for bells lately]

• Network

Messengers: Asynchronous intermediaries. Unseen by normal people, they are born in nightmares. They adore and obey hunters, and can be entrusted with messages that hunters leave behind. They hold the accumulated thoughts and wishes of hunters in their home of dreams.

Co-op: Fight with fellow hunters. Against mighty beasts, fighting together may yield some chance of victory. [No real details here]

• Areas

The Forbidden Forest: A forest on the outskirts of Yarnham. Home to a village of those chased from the city, and the nesting grounds of a great, venomous snake. Entering the forest is forbidden by the church.

Oldtown: An old district in the valleys of Yarnham. Because the beast's disease grew too prevalent, the district was abandoned and set to flame. The citizens of Yarnham have forgotten the town -- or try to have forgotten it -- but the starving howls that rise from the valley occasionally remind them of that sin.

Weapons

• Saw: The Saw is one of the Hunters’ iconic weapons. Boasting transformitive capabilities, it can either function as a standard saw that’s good for hacking away at beasts or can switch into a longer-handled form where centrifugal force is used to a deadly advantage.
  • Hunter’s Axe: This curve-handled weapon is another of the Hunters’ emblematic tools of the trade. The ability to extend its handle out allows the Hunters to be able to respond to situation changes on the fly while still retaining the Axe’s primary functions. Although it’s heavier than the Saw, it’s also better for getting health back through the Regain system. Some Hunters make the axe their weapon of choice because it allows them to act as an executioner, even if their targets are already no longer human.
  • Hunter’s Rifle: A common gun to find among Hunters, the rifle fires out scatter shots. Often used as a means of dealing with swift-moving beasts, its scatter bullets make it highly effective at hitting targets with ease.

Areas

• Cathedral District: Separated from the rest of Yharnam by hills, the Cathedral District is home to a medical organization that presides over the city’s unique “Blood Treatments.” As the name implies, it also has an old cathedral that still stands tall and proud in these tough times.
  • Hemwick Cemetery District: As one would expect for a place like Yharnam, the city has a large allocation of land dedicated to its graveyard. With large and small graves alike lined up haphazardly, the Cemetery District is an ominous and gloomy place. Compared to the main city proper, it’s one of the poorer areas to be visited, as well as less cultured all around. Few people wander around here today, leaving one to wonder just what exactly is lurking around there.

Characters

Major Character

• Hunter Gascoigne: Gascoigne is a blood-soaked hunter who stands alone in a part of the graveyard where ashes flutter about. Aside from the fact that he fact that he’s veteran soldier, little else is known about him.

Malformed Beast

• Clergy Beast: Even by beast standards, the Clergy Beast is a conspicuously huge creature. Sporting hideous horns, it lets out shrieks that sound like cries of agony. Although its body looks so malnourished that its ribs poke out and its remaining muscles are thin strings that cling onto its bones, it’s in actuality an extremely strong fighter. Rumor has it that this beast above all others is the one that Yharnam’s clergy fear above all else, hence its name, although the truth of its human origins remains foggy.

Other Characters

• Hunting Horde: A mob of people ravaged by the disease, they fervently continue their hunting duties unaware of the transformation their own bodies are undergoing. Their eyes may very well see people as being beasts themselves….
  • Wheelchair Horde: Among the standard members of the Hunting Horde are a handful of elderly people confined to wheelchairs. Their sight is a common one in Yharnam in this day and age, particularly with respect to wealthy elderly people. Many of them cling desperately to their guns for self-defense, their memories of tragedy still vivid. For them, their guns are the only things they have to protect themselves from the beasts, as well as their one way of turning violent in general.
  • Carrion Crows: The Carrion Crows are those who are content to eat meat off the corpses of humans. In Yharnam where dead bodies are plentiful, these crows get so fat from their meals that they become unable to fly. Nevertheless, their attacks aren’t to be taken lightly. Sensitive to the scent of blood, they’re known for attacking their fair share of people who get senselessly close to them, most likely because the flesh of the living can turn dead soon enough if they have their way.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/08/bloodborne-site-update-details-regain-system-characters#JU5dLhk8yV21J7GZ.99

I have the game pre-ordered on Amazon.CA. No idea why I did. I haven't even gotten that far in Demon's Souls, I've only killed the Phalanx there. I've also never touched Dark Souls. However, I've been enjoying watching Woolie and Pat play Dark Souls 2 on Two Best Friends Play. Also been meaning to get back into Demon's Souls, but Destiny and time won't allow me.

Well being an avid Soulsfan I'm going to say you should keep going with Demon's Souls. The Phalanx is only the beginning and there is so much more to explore and when you get the time and gather the lore, discovering what the Phalanx truely is is quite interesting indeed.

I would also reccomend Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 but perhaps first see how you feel with Demon's Souls before moving to the next Souls title.

There has been a leaked image of what might be another edition of the game called Nightmare Edition:

Bloodnightmare.jpg

So far though this has not be confirmed as true though since the image was leaked by a store site and Fromsoft or Sony hasn't said anything about there being another edition. If it is true, right now then this image is only for an EU Nightmare edition but my guess would be if it's true, other region versions will be short to follow it.

It's been delayed to March 2014.

Reason:

"We were gratified by the feedback and data we received from those who participated in our limited Alpha test. The extra production time will also allow us to better integrate these learnings."

At least it sounds like if something's not right, they're not afraid to wait until they get it to work the way they want before putting it out.

Yeah it's a bummer but hey at least the release date isn't a huge date and Dark Souls 2 came out in March anyways so it makes it not as bad of a wait. Plus I feel it's somewhat of a smart move to delay it due to some of the games releasing around the same time, gives a chance for better sales.

So... Bloodborne got delayed from February 2015 to March 2015. It's not a big hefty delay, as they explain they need the extra time to fix some of the issues with the game they got from player feedback of their closed Alpha. Which is fine to me, hey anything to make this game as amazing as possible I am down for.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/12/bloodborne-update-now-launching-march-24th/