• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Bloodborne

511 posts in this topic

Well we have some info on locations we shall visit in the game

"Yharnam is divided in several districts. The center of the city is characterized by bridges and large streets. The Cathedral district is separated from the rest of the city by a cliff and its name originates from an ancient cathedral. It also became the home of a medical association that oversees the use of the “curative blood”.

Since there’s no shortage of corpses in Yahrnam, the local graveyard is very large. It’s easily located and is lined by graves big and small. It’s an ominous and gloomy place surrounded by a very poor district where the cultural level is also quite low. It’s currently deserted, but what lurks under the earth?

A forest on the outskirts of Yharnam. Home to a village of those chased from the city, and the nesting grounds of a great, venomous snake. Entering the forest is forbidden by the church.

An old district in the valleys of Yharnam. Because the beast's disease grew too prevalent, the district was abandoned and set to flame. The citizens of Yharnam have forgotten the town -- or try to have forgotten it -- but the starving howls that rise from the valley occasionally remind them of that sin.

Cainhurst is the home castle of old nobles,once actively interacting with Yharnam.They were bound by their bloodlines and by-the-book when it comes to their traditions,before suddenly disappearing,and therefore ending their trades with Yharnam.Now just a cold ruin,Cainhurst has forever lost its road to return home to Yharnam.Only a lake with a deep mist,and dark ominous valleys as far as the eye could see.

In Yharnam's underground, runs a wide and long expanse of ruins. Frighteningly old,it is believed to have been made by something not human, perhaps a grave, even maybe a resting place. Moreover, it is said that this ruins changes its form depending on its passersby.

n Yharnam's underground,runs a wide and long expanse of ruins.Frighteningly old,it is believed to have been made by something not human,perhaps a grave,even maybe a resting place.Moreover,it is said that this ruins changes its form depending on its passerbys.

Are you ready? Cause they built this city... they built this city on YOUR BLOOD!?

tumblr_naozq8g0Ir1s7dhyjo3_500.gif

The hunt is coming, are you ready to spill blood?

I also would like to point out the description to the Forbidden Forest and the venomous snake, perhaps this clues us in to this areas boss?

I find this setting's esthetics will serve the gameplay and themes even more than past games. I get a Tim Burton, Sweeney Todd feeling from this game that makes me smile. It's safe to say i will purchase Bloodborne.

so is the chalice dungeon and underground ruins the same but different ?

so is the chalice dungeon and underground ruins the same but different ?

It might be the same thing, just at a different place.

I don't know, I'm looking into that currently.

Could be something similar to an mmo raid. It is the same thing as Chalice which is this raid like dungeon setting. The Undergrounds could be the same thing just in a different area. Seeing how everything we seen of Chalice boss wise don't change. So why not change it by having different version of this dungeon. Much like Destiny Raids, there is VoG and CE. Both raids both with their own touch of insanity.

I can´t wait for this game. Hyped like for a christmas. Just played Lords of fallen and it  was OK waiting preparation game for the real Demon´s souls successor. 

Well the collector's guide now has an image and what it comes with and plus it answers where ENB on youtube has been:

IGN's first game of February is Bloodborne and Feb 2nd they are going to have a stream for the first 18 minutes of the game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/30/the-ign-first-game-for-february-isbloodborne

Throughout the month there will be also other reveals for the game. I can't wait finally IGN has something good.

IGN, something of meat? Volume? Mass? Come now, surely you don't mean it.

More Bloodborne stuff. Explanation of the Chalice Dungeon. Most of the gameplay footage is stuff we've seen but a few pieces are new:

First 18 minutes of Bloodborne:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/02/02/bloodborne-the-first-18-minutes-ign-first

So far seems that lamp posts serve similar to bonfires and that there is an area like the Nexus judging by how you have to die the first time and get taken to somewhere different. Also seems that the beta and most of the footage we have seen is technically the first area of the game, meaning more then likely the Cleric Beast is the first boss of the game.

I'm curious on what Blood Transfusion means.

Also there is some evidence of a day-night cycle by how in this 18 minute demo it's day but all other footage shown of this part of Yarhnam before was night.

Also there is some evidence of a day-night cycle by how in this 18 minute demo it's day but all other footage shown of this part of Yarhnam before was night.

Clever girl.

Having finished watching the video (I'm in class so have to take pauses), I can confirm that indeed the Cleric Beast is the first boss, that there are several NPC's we come across (two seemingly indoors to be away from those who are afflicted with whatever sickness is plaguing the city) and that the nexus like area is where we are more then likely going to be staying inbetween areas to level things up and what not, also seems that the guy in the wheel chair from the launch trailer might be the same guy in this Hunter Dream area. I'm curious to see though who the female voice is we hear in the beginning, who is no doubt the same person we heard say in the first gameplay trailer 'Let the nightly hunt begin'.

Bloodborne character creator:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/bloodborne-exploring-its-vast-character-creator-ign-first

Still not the greatest but hey at least it's improving plus with the variety of headwear, who needs to see your face XD

The guy at the beginning though sheds some light on why we are there though it seems in the beginning. Sounds like we come willingly for this blood transfusion and similar to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, the understanding of blood seems to be an art form to the people like how in Demon's Souls the souls arts were considered an art that unfortunately awoken the old one and Dark Souls it was magic and understanding the truth behind the great souls.

It also seems that class selection is out, now you are going to start from scratch with only being able to choose a slight backstory of your character. This I do find understandable because despite the fact that you can select classes in the previous Souls games you can technically turn them to whatever you wanted like a knight into a mage and etc, really class choices merely affected the stats that you began with.

So surprisingly there will be shields in Bloodborne, however you probably won't want to rely on them to much:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/06/bloodborne-has-shields?abthid=54d4f3a237aa785b7a000005

EDIT:

Also a behind the scenes thing:

From this video we learn the name of the sickness, the Scourge of the Beast. We also get a hint of perhaps covenants or in this case guilds for the game for the multiplayer.

hmm cleric beast song seems to have changed, i liked the alpha version of it but meh this ones cool too