• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Null

The 3 New IPs

9 posts in this topic

So...Nintendo unveiled 3 new IPs at E3.  Project Guard, Giant Robot, and Splatoon.  Not gonna lie, but Splatoon just straight up looks fun.  I don't know how "deep" the game is, but I get the feeling you'll have a lot of fun if you pick it up and play online.

Project Guard and Giant Robot look interesting as well.  Project Guard seems to be this weird take on turret defense.  Seems real interesting and I want to see how it develops.  The, in my opinion, most interesting game has gotta be Giant Robot.  This game has a lot of interesting ideas behind it and has the potential to be ridiculously awesome.  The gameplay footage shown at E3 is fairly early in development, so they lack the Nintendo polish their finished games do, but they already have me intrigued, to say the least.

Also, I notice all of these games seem to have a multiplayer focus, but I wonder if any of these games will have single player modes and some cool new characters to add to the Nintendo family.  Again, early in development and could simply be in the works right now.  Overall, I'm fairly impressed Smash Bros, Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad, X, Mario Party 10, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, New Star Fox, 3 New IPs, Bayonetta 2 release date and I'm probably missing something, but this was a great E3 for Nintendo.  Treehouse was dumb though.

Quite Frankly the only one I am looking forward to is Splatoon. This looks like the most original take on the multi player team shooter I have seen in some time and I love the whole squid people thing. (Reminded me of Mario Sunshine. Alot.)

Project Giant robot.... uh no that's the sort of Nintendo game I hate. 

Project Guard looked like it might be quite good fun and a nice take on the tower defence genre. Also those Robots look suspiciously ROB like.

I was a bit worried about Splatoon during the interview as they only showed one gun and I thought it could get boring really fast. But then in the trailer, there were a ton of different weapons! Looking good like a fun new game, exactly what the Wii U needs!

All three of them piqued my interest, I think Nintendo had a very good showing this year. While I'm not huge into FPS type games, Splatoon just looks like good crazy fun. That's what Nintendo tends to do better than anyone else, they make games that are just fun.

Giant Robot is an interesting idea....we'll have to see how that one turns out.

Just announced tonight another new IP by Intelligent Systems called Code Name:  Steam.  A turn-based strategy game in a steam punk world.

"This is an entirely new title from Nintendo. A turn-based strategy game with elements taken from action games," Yamagami said.

"Players will take command of the unit steam a unique fighting force created by Abraham Lincoln to defend against a mysterious invasion from space," Yamagami said.

"Turn-based strategy, third person shooter, steam-punk ... Codename Steam is a quirky little title that came to be from a collusion of all of these elements," Patraschcu said.

The Splatoon game looks really interesting; I wonder if those mechanics can actually add some creativity and actually innovate on the genre which has become so stale these last few years.

So excited for new IP's. Got my Wii U today. Lovin in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0