• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J2D

Waiting for a disconnected player

12 posts in this topic

One of the many things I enjoy about Dota2 is the pause feature built into the game. If a player disconnects you can pause and give them a chance to return so they can avoid an abandon. However sometimes people aren't willing to wait and act like we're wasting their life by being nice to a disconnected player. It's not like I'm asking people to wait hours.... I'm talking a couple of minutes. Four minutes tops.

Yet some people start playing the pause game were you get an seemingly endless war of pause/un-pause. Delaying the game longer cause if it's a five stack, they'll no doubt stand up for their friend as long as they can pause it.

The reason i bring this up is cause I just got out of a game were my buddy suddenly dropped. I paused so I can see what happened and if he could get back on, but members of the enemy team and my team just opted to let the game continue. I didn't want my friend to get an abandon because his net dropped or his comp crashed. So I told the enemy team I was done and abandoned myself so it would fall to me hopefully.

Is waiting really gonna hurt anyone? Do you AJSA dota players wait if someone disconnects? Do you think me leaving the game to try to save my friend from an abandon was worth it?

This is really the only place I can think to ask these questions as I'm sure I'd have a less than welcoming response on the Dota2 Reddit.

If someone dc's, I will wait for them. No matter how long it takes. I have waited 10 minutes before in a game because someones computer and internet crashed.

It's because people are impatient, and they want to win/lose the game as quickly as possible. I personally think it's a stupid mentality, since every game should be as fair as it can get, and having a 4v5 matchup will fuck up one of the teams in some way.

Sundaecat likes this

If you would play on China servers... They wait there even for two hours if someone disconnects.

My Chinese Esports parents told me not to un-pause or they'd dis-own me.

My Chinese Esports parents told me not to un-pause or they'd dis-own me.

It's funny how racist that is.

It's also funny that I'm Asian and I don't take much offense to it, so go figure.

mrfool and Sundaecat like this

Just checked back after taking a break from the computer. Found this waiting for me.

DavI4hl.png

Oh joy...

If someone dc's, I will wait for them. No matter how long it takes. I have waited 10 minutes before in a game because someones computer and internet crashed.

It's because people are impatient, and they want to win/lose the game as quickly as possible. I personally think it's a stupid mentality, since every game should be as fair as it can get, and having a 4v5 matchup will fuck up one of the teams in some way.

I'm not gonna say I haven't won a 4v5. There is still a chance if you play your cards right, but I'd rather have a even fair match. It's far more entertaining that way.

Unless it's my friend, i never butt in to such monkey ass sweat business, if someone pauses, let it be, if someone unpauses, let it be, no matter from which team the guy disconnects from. I personally don't like the pause button because it is very easily exploited, but i see it's benefits. But since Dota 2 is more leaned to the competettetetetetive scene, they only have the pause button if some player in the tournament has some issues, other than that i don't see why would Volvo implement such a thing.

Also Derwisj, never knew you had such a racist side to you. Troll...... (don't say rude pls ismyonlyweakenesnenss)

Edit - Low prio is ez mmr, just sayin

If anyone dc's I'd at least ask if someone knows or is ther friend. If none are then it should be considered common decency to pause and wait at least 5 minutes for the guy.

I do this as much as I can because I dc from time to time and it's rare that the game is still paused when I get back.

Unless it's my friend, i never butt in to such monkey ass sweat business, if someone pauses, let it be, if someone unpauses, let it be, no matter from which team the guy disconnects from. I personally don't like the pause button because it is very easily exploited, but i see it's benefits. But since Dota 2 is more leaned to the competettetetetetive scene, they only have the pause button if some player in the tournament has some issues, other than that i don't see why would Volvo implement such a thing.

Also Derwisj, never knew you had such a racist side to you. Troll...... (don't say rude pls ismyonlyweakenesnenss)

wrong mr, Mister.

Awesomely enough Low Prio turned out good. I came across one of the best support players I've seen for a while while he was helping his buddy get out of lp. 1st time in a along time I didn't have to babysit the other lanes as the mid. It was nice.

Im sorry for having a crashy internet!  :(  

Awesomely enough Low Prio turned out good. I came across one of the best support players I've seen for a while while he was helping his buddy get out of lp. 1st time in a along time I didn't have to babysit the other lanes as the mid. It was nice.

Yea, Low Prio isn't as bad as it used to be. I've been down there a few times, and I actually get more people who are willing to cooperate than I do in normal matchmaking. I think that the people who DC due to 5 minute cd go in a seperate pool to people who just straight up leave. It's just a theory, but it would make a bit of sense.