• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pietro Nardelli

First Impressions of Battlefield Hardline

20 posts in this topic

So, I have played Battlefield Hardline Beta for two days. I would like to know what is your impression about it.

Some key points to me:
- It feels battlefield. Even though it has a different theme, as stated in IGN, it has a war enviroment, which can be positive or negative depending on your opinion.

- Lack of car chases, I had about two, but I noticed it does not happen often. It also depends on your experience.

- Amazing concept, I personally love the cop concept, I want to see how they will use it. 

- I expect to have more than what I tested in the Beta.

I will throw my two cents out there having played majority of BF Hardline, unlocked everything, get the idea of the two modes, and have seem some flaws (its Beta so that was expected).

• It feels like a Battlefield experience, more in the sense of Bad Company 2’s expansion pack of Vietnam.
  • The map we're given is fairly small. Small enough that if you took a car from one end to the other, you reach it in under 15 seconds. To do those car chases like they had on the E3 stage demo, you have to be playing Mario Kart style and get lapping.
  • Easy and fast to unlock anything. Seems you can get anything right out the gate. Takes little to rank guns and yourself up.
  • Gun balance right now seem okay, only thing I think might need tweaking is the frag grenade. My god it feels like CoD 4 all over again.
  • Usually glitches from a Battlefield Beta: No hit makers when there should be, randomly getting hit by a bunch of bullets after to have been shot up, things sometimes not loading correctly. Surprising I have face no rubber band lag at all.
  • Cops vs robbers is a fantasy every little boy. Really fun to see a shooter not afraid to make one now.
  • Donuts.

In the end this is beta and alot can change by the time the game comes out. But as it stands from what we are presented with the beta, it has stepped me back even more from making a purchase on it. It doesn't seem like a stand alone title, more of a expansion that just got a slight upgrade. Its not a terrible game and some of these problems I had could be fixed or even have been fixed.

I find it interesting that so many people have said it feels like a BF4 expansion with such similar styles, feel, game-play and even glitches when this this the the same dev despite a fairly different concept. Of course they had to make it feel like Battlefield, but I also get the impression that EA have the dev's over a barrel even more than I thought.

I have been having fun with the BETA.  The one game breaking feature is not the game but how people play the game.  Could it be some just don't know what they are doing? sure, but it feels like most people don't know what to do or just want the kills.  It is sad because I think the game can have great tactical optionals.  One feature in game that I'm on the fence about i the survivalist gadget.  I think either it should be removed or a timer is set to revive.  I think it is unfair to the player who won the gun fight.  When down I just wait for enemies to walk past me thinking I'm dead.  Then I get up shooting them all in the back.  It just doesn't seem fair.

I will throw my two cents out there having played majority of BF Hardline, unlocked everything, get the idea of the two modes, and have seem some flaws (its Beta so that was expected).

• It feels like a Battlefield experience, more in the sense of Bad Company 2’s expansion pack of Vietnam.
  • The map we're given is fairly small. Small enough that if you took a car from one end to the other, you reach it in under 15 seconds. To do those car chases like they had on the E3 stage demo, you have to be playing Mario Kart style and get lapping.
  • Easy and fast to unlock anything. Seems you can get anything right out the gate. Takes little to rank guns and yourself up.
  • Gun balance right now seem okay, only thing I think might need tweaking is the frag grenade. My god it feels like CoD 4 all over again.
  • Usually glitches from a Battlefield Beta: No hit makers when there should be, randomly getting hit by a bunch of bullets after to have been shot up, things sometimes not loading correctly. Surprising I have face no rubber band lag at all.
  • Cops vs robbers is a fantasy every little boy. Really fun to see a shooter not afraid to make one now.
  • Donuts.

In the end this is beta and alot can change by the time the game comes out. But as it stands from what we are presented with the beta, it has stepped me back even more from making a purchase on it. It doesn't seem like a stand alone title, more of a expansion that just got a slight upgrade. Its not a terrible game and some of these problems I had could be fixed or even have been fixed.

I completely agree with you, I was just discussing with a friend that hardline seems more like a dlc than a game. By the trailer they shown, I guess they have different modes and maps, or it could part of the singleplayer story, e.g. the car chase.

I completely agree with you, I was just discussing with a friend that hardline seems more like a dlc than a game. By the trailer they shown, I guess they have different modes and maps, or it could part of the singleplayer story, e.g. the car chase.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just what the feeling felt like. Hell even during the E3 conference the guy said "Battlefield Hardline was a idea built when we did the DLC for Battlefield 3 End Game." So its not to say that feeling isn't well unfair the source of this game was from a dlc. Its not a bad thing, its a fun game. I just don't think it is worth $60 dollars. I would say $40 but even than I'm still not in love with the price and game match.

Personally i did not have a great time, since most of the matches was just the cops spawncamping from the chopper.

And how is a F'ing chopper fair?

This costs £55 ($93) on the PSN store (Non-Deluxe editon only!), that seems way to much. I thought when I heard about this it would be a cheap release/PSN Store game/Expansion for BF4. They are still to release Battlefield 4 DLC (and finish fixing the game) and they are working on Battlefield 5: SWAT, there are even rumours for the game to release in a few months at sites like here.

The game can be preordered on Amazon for the 24th October 2014 for £45 ($76) but this still seems kind of too much.

Do they rape you guys in Europe on video games? Its $59.99 preorder on amazon over here.

Wait there is a beta out for this already?

Do they rape you guys in Europe on video games? Its $59.99 preorder on amazon over here.

Their money value is greater than the american dollar.

Their money value is greater than the american dollar.

I understand both the pound and the euro have higher value but I don't see how that makes the game worth $76 usd there when its $59 here.

in overall i like the beta except of one thing...

the vehicles in hardline and also in battlefield are crap².

too fast - too much arcade - near no physics - to much acceleration -  with the motorcycle you can do a 90 degree wallride... :huh:

not on pc cause you can buy global keys -50% off (hardline pre order for around 30-35€).

but if you buy PS4 or X1 games ... 60-70€  ... 70€ = 95$

I saw a lotta footage. Looks good but not PS4 like €70 good. Played most of the Battlefields, don't know if i will get it full price at this point. 

I understand both the pound and the euro have higher value but I don't see how that makes the game worth $76 usd there when its $59 here.

It's just showing what the dollar value of it is. 

It's not ACTUALLY that much here.

It feels like a reskinned BF4. This could've been DLC pretty easily IMO.  The whole time it made me just want to play GTAV. It's not a bad game but it just feels like Battlefield is trying to jump on the one game a year bandwagon...

Im sorry and i know this might ulset some people but this feels like a straight up dlc for battlefield 4. So this is a no for me, im going to be playing destiny so it would just be a waste if i bought it and not play it.

I feel this game should have been stand alone DLC for $14.99 not a full price release.  I played the beta and it was glitchy and lagged a ton.

I didn't play the beta but I say the E3 coverage.

I am intrigued by the emphasis they put on the single player story. Usually I only play it through for trophies or the unlocked guns in multiplayer but they seem to make it sound a lot more like a story from an RPG or something. But as for the multiplayer I think it sounds like it is just BF4 with a cosmetic change. Nothing to pay full price for. I for one will continue on BF4 as I don't think they will have even bought out the last map pack before October.

I think they should have waited until people had got tired of BF4 (it's just started getting good again with the recent patches) or at least until they had something new to add.

IF I buy it, it will be for the single player. (Does anyone remember zip lines form the BF2 expansion, that was pretty cool ;p )

This isn't much a first impressions but more of "sat on it for a month and rethought somethings." I decide to rethink this cause of the recent news of Battlefield Hardline's push back. Before I get into my thoughts want to point out, Hardline is being developed by Visceral, so why did DICE post about the push back? Is DICE now working on Hardline?

So cause of the push back I started to think what they could do to make the experience of Hardline that much better. I understand alot of things I will suggest can't be done in the time they have now. But these are just thoughts I had about the game. Below are my suggestions and reasons.

• AI Bots - Look I know alot of people didn't like the idea of AI bots being in TitanFall, they felt it ruined the experience and player count should have been higher. I disagree with alot of those points but, as for Hardline I think it needs AI bots of some kind. Maybe not has enemy AI bots shooting you, but look where the matches took place. We are in the middle of downtown LA, this heist just happen, those Armor trucks just flipped, you can't tell me all the civilians in Downtown LA all scattered in a matter of seconds. The city feels empty I mean we all know how major cities are like, we know that this point is odd. So why not make AI bots just random civilians? Why not have mechanics like if cops hit a civilian they lose points, the same for criminals. Why not have it criminals take hostages as shields to stay away from the cops? Why not have it criminals can capture a civilian and take his clothes and blend in, only to be revealed if he is spotted or he starts shooting? Something to just add more life to the world that you are fighting in, this isn't a Battlefield 4 map were its just open land and a few bases, this is a major city. Millions of people go to and are in everyday.

• Prologue setup - Look you don't feel like criminals or cops in this game at all. When the match starts the Armor trucks are already knocked over. The interesting part of the crime the set up that just happens and you are just cookie cutter man with a gun shooting other cookie cutter man with gun. Why not have it start where Criminals are blend in with civilian AI bots. They have to work around the city get into their positions, maybe rig the crane spots so when the heist goes they can trigger it. Maybe lock down an area so when cops pass by they and hold them back. Maybe instead of using rockets to knock the truck over, you can pin it down with a vehicle. While the criminals are doing this the cops could be on the streets looking around, trying to spot the criminals. Or maybe following the armor trucks to make sure something happens. Something to give it that feel that something more is going on, like you set something up or you prevented something. Other than you arrive and you take flags A&B to spots C&D.

• Unique Gamemodes - Heist can be a unique and fun gamemode if done right! Take my points from my 'Prologue Setup' into account. It would make Heist alot more fun to play. But as it stands right now, it just feels like a much shorter Obliteration from Battlefield 4. Blood Money, I think needs to be rethought, cause all it breaks down to is a TDM match. It doesn't feel exciting to play at all.

If their push back to refine and make this "experience" of being "criminals" and "cops" I think they should take these points into account. Think about my points guys, I understand if their are flaws in my points but as of right now and I was doing the same, all I see is people just complaining it doesn't feel like $60 USD game. I agree, and maybe even if they put my points in I still don't think it is a $60 USD game. But lets try and think what they could do to make that game at least a purchase down the line for us.

P.S. Give Battlefield Premium members a discount on the game, give us something cause of all the money we put into for Battlefield 4 and waited for so long for that to work.  $60 USD for the game + another $50 USD for Premium for a game that wasn't working! Some sort of discount would be nice, could be a 10% or 5% or like 5 dollars off, just something. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0