• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Is this DLC worth it?

57 posts in this topic

So tomorrow I'm thinking of buying two Skyrim DLC's now from anyone who has played the game a lot and had the DLC's can you tell me if it's worth it for $40 (x360).

If you're getting Hearthfire, you'll going to be disappointed. Stick with Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Those are the two I want. Hearthfire doesn't seem interesting to me since it seems like ill just be making a house and that's it from what it says.

If you are gonna get it for Xbox360 then Heartfire isn't worth, it just gives you the ability to create your home, have family and that crap. Get the other 2 DLC's. Only reason why Heartfire is worth and why I got it is because of mods for the PC, otherwise it's not much at all.

DemonsColt likes this

DAWNGUARD IS F@CKING AWESOME! YOU BECOME A COOL A$$ VAMPIRE AND BECOME A BADA$$ BEAST! NOT TO MENTION A BRAND NEW STORYLINE WITH REPLAYABILITY!

DRAGONBORN IS F@CKING AWESOME! A BRAND NEW STORYLINE WITH NEW CHARACTERS, NEW CONTENT, AND A NEW WORLD TO EXPLORE. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK?

Sounds good to me lol. As long as I can spread conquest throughout the lands of Skyrim ill be fine.

DAWNGUARD IS F@CKING AWESOME! YOU BECOME A COOL A$$ VAMPIRE AND BECOME A BADA$$ BEAST! NOT TO MENTION A BRAND NEW STORYLINE WITH REPLAYABILITY!

DRAGONBORN IS F@CKING AWESOME! A BRAND NEW STORYLINE WITH NEW CHARACTERS, NEW CONTENT, AND A NEW WORLD TO EXPLORE. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK?

Capt Capslock and his Shift crew ahoi!

2and900 and DemonsColt like this

A note about Dawnguard however, some area are stat locked to about level 20 (I think) So if you are a very high level it may be too easy.

And if you choose to be a vampire (You can choose not to) depending on your level the vampire lord powers are not particularly effective unless you are on PC then you can boost the damage to a more useful level.

To be fair I choose to be a vampire for the sole reason of having awesome glowing eyes at all times of day ;)

Well I just started up Skyrim again to play cause I'm bored but mostly I want to see this vampire lord form and be apart of the new faction questline.

HEARTHFIRE IS F@CKING AWESOME! VIRTUALLY NO STORYLINE, THE ABILITY TO PLAY THE SIMS WITHIN SKYRIM, AND PRETTY MUCH NOTHING NEW TO EXPLORE! IT'S ONLY FIVE BUCKS, THOUGH.

Xonlic and DemonsColt like this

All the DLCs are nice.

Honestly I adored Dragonborn and the whole....well let's say you get to explore new realms. Makes me happy.

I enjoyed the vampire lord side story, never bothered with Dawngaurd part.

Hearthfire...fixed some things? Definately tweaked some issues I had and it was ok. Gave me a Fable feel to it. Marry all them girls up.

But you have to buy the Horse Armor. Woe to the man who denies the Horse Armor!

To buy Dawnguard and Dragonborn without Hearthfire would be a great disservice to your self. If your like me and suffer from a sever identity crises you probably use Skyrim to project your own flaws and insecurities into your character,you play with him or her for a while and then you realize you dont like your self so you make a new character over and over again hoping things will change. It'll come to the point where you cant even progress through the first act of the game without restarting your character doomed to repeat the same cut scene until you put the controller down. But you can put your controller down because you'll face the horrible reality you just left. you dont wanna remember that time the head cheerleader had a thing for you and decided she was probably better off with that douche Jonathan. I mean yeah he works out every day and has a car and a job, and he did get accepted into a good college but...fuck em. You have skyrim and that's all you'll ever need. A small room, with the lights off, a bean bag, some empty mountain dew cans littering the place, let me tell you something ALL OF THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.  I mean i'm not regretting it if your not, i got this. 

Anyways yeah...you should get Hearthfire.

For a second I thought you were insulting me near the end of that paragraph. But what I'm thinking now is maybe trade my skyrim in for the legendary edition and just get everything for $25 instead of wasting $40 for two DLC's/

I play in Xbox i bought all DLC even hearthfire can be creative when you come home and you see a note on your door that your wife is kidnapped LOL but hey im glad a bunch of bandits still have the balls to do that to the legendary dragon slayer. Im sure these bandits are hardass killers and took down few dragons them selfs. XD

Only joy I found in Skyrim were the two 'special' mounts. The one from that assassin's guild (or something) and the other once from Dawnguard that you get as a spell. The rest of the game was quite boring. That said, I didn't even bother with Dragonborn as the rest of the game has already bored me to no end.

EDIT: Oh, and of course Nightingale Armor.

I never kept up with the pricing of the DLC so I didn't know it was $5.

DAWNGUARD IS F@CKING AWESOME! YOU BECOME A COOL A$$ VAMPIRE HUNTER AND MURDER ALL THEM BEASTS! NOT TO MENTION A BRAND NEW STORYLINE WITH REPLAYABILITY!

Fixed.

PS - hearthfire sucks, maybe some mod really makes it worthwhile as people are implying here but hearthfire is extremely unnecessary to say the least, still better than TESO though.

, Apex Spartan and DemonsColt like this

PS - hearthfire sucks, maybe some mod really makes it worthwhile as people are implying here but hearthfire is extremely unnecessary to say the least, still better than TESO though.

Besides being able to marry, adopt children and I guess player housing, does it add anything else? I got the Legendary Edition so I already have it either way.

likes this

Sadly though at my local game store there is only one copy of the legendary edition but it's $40 so either way I'm paying $40. However maybe trading in my copy of the normal edition and with the premium card thing it could lower down.

Steam not an option? It's going to be pretty goddamn cheap in a few days.

Steam not an option? It's going to be pretty goddamn cheap in a few days.

He has the 360 Version, Auron.

Yeah sorry Auron I got a 360 maybe in the future ill have enough for PC but right now I just got the Legendary Edition of the game so I'm good now.

Although could someone give me tips as to what to expect? No spoilers though as in the questlines.