• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Joric

Watch_Dogs original graphics found in game files (PC)

25 posts in this topic

Apparently Ubisoft thought downgrading graphics for Watch_Dogs on PC wouldn't come back to haunt them... What do you guys think?

Is it just some hoax, or are Ubisoft in for another round of "WHAT ARE YA TALKING ABOUT?!"

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/289v7w/watch_dogs_original_graphical_effects_e3_201213/

Original thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Glaice likes this

Well, I have seen videos and pictures, and there is a download link, so no, it aint no bloody hoax. 

I would say "wtf ubisoft", but I know very well why they did it. 

Nice find, it's nice to see they didn't ditch it all for all the PC Master Race folks with beefy systems can use this and play it like it's the E3 2012 demo.

They did ditch us dude, they never intended for this to be found. 

I dunno... You kinda have to be born yesterday to think gamers wont find hidden files in a game.

Just as you kinda have to be born yesterday(or rather, many yesterdays ago) to not include optional female characters for co-op, lousy ports of AC games, and false advertising. Trust me, Ubisoft has the whole "gotta be born yesterday" front covered. 

Stories like this make me wonder if developers are willing to look incompetent and put out bad PC Ports knowing that people will buy them anyway, and modders will fix the problems shortly after release.

It's great that modders are able to find things like these and fix problems in bad ports, but are they helping the developers become lazy in the process?

If this indeed due to lack of effort... it isn't developers being lazy so much as managers/whoever is in charge being in cheap.

Actual game developers frequently work un-paid overtime up the @%@#%, and computer game programmers have some of the highest divorce rates there are due to being married more to their jobs than their spouse.

and guess what: Ubisoft will do the same shit with The Division. But People will buy it anyway.

Funny that he says with the settings change the game runs poorly but no more poorly than it ran without the improved graphics.

Despite the disappointing graphics downgrade, Watch Dogs was still alright.

But glad for anyone with a $1500 rig that could run WD at these settings.

Despite the disappointing graphics downgrade, Watch Dogs was still alright.

Watch Dogs gameplay isn't really the problem. Them doing this says more about Ubisoft's inability to take advantage of the PS4/One's hardware and how PC gamers can expect to be treated by Ubisoft (with them lying about the PC being the main platform and the terrible optimization job also being problems).

Well, it is quite obvious why they done it. 

nOyWORs.jpg

098VzX9.jpg

Also; this thread looks familiar to me...but I do not know why. :P

Well, I have seen videos and pictures, and there is a download link, so no, it aint no bloody hoax. 

Yeah it's no hoax, I use it myself now. It's a bit buggy at the moment, some stutter; but the PC Watch Dogs is always stuttery, terrible optimisation. The guys who found it are continuing to work out the kinks in it, so it should be even better soon.

Also, it was found in the code that a developer wrote a comment that said:

For PC only, who cares.

Also, it was found in the code that a developer wrote a comment that said:

which file, which said of code. For all we know you could of made that up :P 

I wont. The division looks stupid.

Not really stupid, more boring. Aside from the graphics and decal thingies, I don't see the appeal.

I'm not 100% sure, I have no idea where the code itself came from but it was pasted here:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/40bed5f8fd163b8de7df

It's been circling around Reddit for a while, along with the rest of this.

That comment does not mean what you think it means. It's part of the code written for the console port and as such PC specific code has no relevance for them hence the jokey comment.

Comments in code should always be taken with a pinch of salt for what it's worth

Never underestimate PC gamers. If it's in the code... we'll find it.

Never underestimate PC gamers. If it's in the code... we'll find it.

recently, yes this is fact. But, in previous years this wasn't fact

recently, yes this is fact. But, in previous years this wasn't fact

There have always been people in PC gaming that can dig in and find interesting things. Now-a-days there are just more of them that are doing, but long ago it was just a few.

That comment does not mean what you think it means. It's part of the code written for the console port and as such PC specific code has no relevance for them hence the jokey comment.

Comments in code should always be taken with a pinch of salt for what it's worth

Hmm. Thanks for enlightening me. Either way though, this whole situation shows to me how little Ubisoft actually cares about PC. Their last few PC ports have been almost crap, and badly optimised, especially the Assassin's Creed games of late. I wonder if it's simply laziness or something on their part, or if this is something more malicious. Some people have come up with a theory that either Microsoft or Sony, or both, paid off Ubisoft to make their consoles look just as good as PC.

I'm going to call that The Division will have downgraded graphics like Watch Dogs when it releases.

Either way though, this whole situation shows to me how little Ubisoft actually cares about PC. 

If you wanna get them to change, then just get enough people boycotting their products on all platforms. After like a year or so, they will begin to beg and plead and that's where you want them, that's where your demands will be most likely met. 

Man, I didn't mean to make that sound soo dark o.o