• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sirrobert

Crusader Kings 2

10 posts in this topic

So I'm not even sure how to clasify this game, though role play seems aproriate.

What do people think about this game? Is anyone playing it? I'd love to try the coop one day

One of my favorite games. Have enjoyed playing it, hearing people talk about their games, or watching games played on youtube (more so when mods are used like with all the Game of Thrones ones). Not too interested in trying co-op though.

So I'm not even sure how to clasify this game, though role play seems aproriate.

Grand strategy.

Grand strategy.

Well sure, but you are also role playing a ruler

I love it but i don't consider myself a good player. I always failed to keep my reign for a long time, i just a really bad " childreen builder" which ends up giving me really bad heirs.
Still, im in for a CO OP, maybe i could learn from others.

It's a fairly complex game. It took my about 50 hours to understand all the mechanics. I love it and play it all the time.You can transfer your save game into Europa Universalis IV and play another 400 years.

Yea it took me 2 save games to learn to.

A few tips: Start in Ireland. Nice and easy, the isolated countys don't really expand there, giving you plenty of time to found the kingdom of Ireland.

Always give your heir land. This lets them build prestige. The more prestige they have, the more people will like them. And that helps a great deal when he takes over (keeps the vasals a little happier).

Do NOT give your other children land. When the heir takes over, the 2nd and 3th child will be pretenders, and they will have a strong claim to your title. And a relationship penelty. This makes them very likely to seize this moment to try and take over

I usually start as one of the spanish kingdoms as you start with several allies and can expand immediately if you quickly seize territory from the smaller islamic states through the holy war casus belli.  Also try and switch the inheritance law to the one where only the main heir gets stuff or you will find you will have less and less control and rely more on vassals than your own wealth and military power.  

An old thread but since the game is still doing strong I hope it is fine to give this thread some life ...

So, yet another DLC is coming. There seems to be lots of people who "hates" PDS for doing so many DLC/expansions but I'm personally more than happy to pay PDS for more content. Absolutely amazing game and it is great to see it is still doing so well.

18 hours ago, Doctor said:

An old thread but since the game is still doing strong I hope it is fine to give this thread some life ...

So, yet another DLC is coming. There seems to be lots of people who "hates" PDS for doing so many DLC/expansions but I'm personally more than happy to pay PDS for more content. Absolutely amazing game and it is great to see it is still doing so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHGKl7Ggctk

Here's some more info and gameplay of CK2: Jade Dragon