• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LordMagus

Are we ready for a AJSA Tournament?

Are we ready?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No ...
    • Yes, but may want other teams outside of AJSA

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

As some of you are aware of, we now have a tournament bracket system within the AJSA.

With that really awesome feature, now more than ever is a great opportunity to host our own AJSA tournament, I now ask a question, are we ready?

On the poll above there are 3 answers, yes, no and yes, but need a couple teams outside AJSA for a well balanced tournament with enough teams, I need an honest answer, don't feel inclined to answer yes if for what ever reason you think now not the best time.

Hmm what do you mean "ready"? Why might we be not ready(this is not a rhetorical question)? You dont have to be pro or even good to participate in a tournament. For a tourney, all you need is a good team "arrangement system" (organizators can only tell if we have one) , participants and maybe prizes.

I believe that it's in the sense of people showing up for the event, we have enough people in the clan to make a good tournament, but will they show their faces? Usually we can get 10 players on teamspeak(at least when i'm present, when i'm out i don't know how many people are there). 

In my opinion i believe we're ready, we have tons of players so it's possible. We just need to keep them well aware of what's going on and for that they need to read the forums which i believe they already do.

Hmm what do you mean "ready"? Why might we be not ready(this is not a rhetorical question)? You dont have to be pro or even good to participate in a tournament. For a tourney, all you need is a good team "arrangement system" (organizators can only tell if we have one) , participants and maybe prizes.

I believe that it's in the sense of people showing up for the event, we have enough people in the clan to make a good tournament, but will they show their faces?

That is what I meant by are we ready, am not interested in player skill, or how many claims to show, but never do, I want a impression of mindset of the Smite clan towards this idea, I can't do it based on x number simple saying they will show, I need to find a balance number, arrange teams, a date and not to chase them when it comes close, otherwise the complications it will cause will be overwhelming.

lcmartins likes this

I'd say maybe? I mean we have quite a few people playing on a daily or near daily basis. How many of them are active on the forums to notice when we would be doing things like a tourney I admit I'm not sure. I'm a mediocre player to this point, but would be interested. I think we could hold "exhibition" tourneys just to see how they go at first before we start putting prizes in. Once we get a few good teams start playing more on a very competitive level against other clans. Smite is still very much in it's infancy when it comes to the seriousness of a Lol or Dota 

Not sure if we have the numbers for conquest 5v5 tourneys in the clan, at least, not more than 2-3 teams. 4v4 and less would definitely be possible. The main problem would likely be getting it out to everyone that we are doing something if we are just posting on the forums. I would recommend to use the Clan message of the day to post dates of events, Magus. That way its more likely for people to see it and there will be a reminder every time they log on.

LordMagus likes this

Not sure if we have the numbers for conquest 5v5 tourneys in the clan, at least, not more than 2-3 teams. 4v4 and less would definitely be possible. The main problem would likely be getting it out to everyone that we are doing something if we are just posting on the forums. I would recommend to use the Clan message of the day to post dates of events, Magus. That way its more likely for people to see it and there will be a reminder every time they log on.

Cheers B, I'll remember to use that.

So whats the output of this thread. Are we going to have a tourney? If we will, when?

It been a few weeks, I had a fair few who sounds interested in having one, my only dilemma which is delaying me taking action is how are we going to sort out the teams, should they be random or pre made amongst members, I wish it was as simple as enough votes and I go and do it, I don't want to risk taking time to arrange it to flop.

Although, that a good idea, we need pre made teams more I get approach me interested, the far more easier and ultimately quicker it will be arranged.

*Premade teams - im almost sure that wont happen.Because:

1. People have to spend time and effort searching for other people(who they most likely dont know) and I do not think they will bother. If some will, there wont be many.

2. Premade teams are most likely to be unbalanced and the tournament would suck.

though I know premade teams is the easiest option for you to run an event :)

*Random - wont work either imo. It is better then premade, because people can relax, come at specified time, log in the game and play. They dont need to work in order to participate(Wash&Go as the shampoo comercial says :D). But it is likely that you end up with a team that has 2-3 most experienced players and that will be enough to own all other teams.

--------------------

If you want to push this event out you will have to put some work on it Magus. To help I can give you some ideas.

1. The hard way. You put teams manually, evaluating every participant by yourself.

2. Easier way. Arrange teams based on global mastery level. Note: always split top mastery players to several teams

For exhample Team1: Person 1(10)+Person 2(14)+ Person 3(20) Team mastery level 44

Team 2:Person  1(8) + Person 2(11) +Person 3 (26) Team mastery level 45

But etheir way its up to you to decide. Hope this helps and we dont have to wait long for a tourney :)

LordMagus likes this

I'd love to get in on some tournament play! I've never set one up or anything, so i can't help there - but i think we should just take a shot at it and see how things go!