• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shadow Paladin

Shadow Paladin Reporting for Service!

13 posts in this topic

It's great to finally be a member of the AJSA!

I have been a long time supporter of Angry Joe and his impressive accomplishments, such as a successful youtube channel, the most amazing and informative reviews and interviews, his comedic approach as well as an entire organization dedicated to gaming excellence and gaming community.

I am 17 of age, born and raised here in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I've been a gamer with severe insomnia for about a good 10 years, dating back to my first sonic the hedgehog video game.

I live in a small town, I play and love the sport of football, I like to write short stories (and am currently working on a novel), and I play the guitar (heavy metal of course.)

I am here to help represent the ps4 community. I used to be a PC gamer, but it was too much for me to maintain with a busy schedule. I also used to be an xbox 360 user, so respect to all my microsoft brethren, but I now only own a ps4.

I am hoping to be active in the ps4 AJSA community and to help make it richer and more unified. I hope to participate in all Ps4 events and to help expand the community greatly.

These forums are a bit confusing to me at the moment, trying to figure out what events are for what, and trying to figure out who is playing what game and when, but I am sure I will catch on soon enough.

My preferred gaming genres are: shooters (Battlefield and Destiny), puzzle games (Meatboy and Braid), MMos more or less (ESO, War Frame, and PS2, War Thunder in a way), Indies (All of the Above), and especially open world games (GTAV and Watch Dogs)

I hope to help out the community in any way possible.

Newbie Questions: How does one rank up in the AJSA?

Welcome to AJSA brother, how ranking works is the more time your are a member of AJSA the higher the ranking you get and  you could also get promotions from our leaders.

This might help you understand more about rankins : http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/14-ajsa-chain-of-command-ranks/

Thanks for the help BT. One last question. Why do I see some people with veteran status but their member title is newbie? How do you obtain certain member titles?
Also, is there anything I can do to help out the community from the get go?

Thanks for the help BT. One last question. Why do I see some people with veteran status but their member title is newbie? How do you obtain certain member titles?

Also, is there anything I can do to help out the community from the get go?

That may be related to either the number or likes, or the post count.

You see, lots of people joined the AJSA during the re-launch last year, but then never got around to posting much. But since ranking is done automatically based on time, they would get the Veteran Rank, but may have 0 posts so they're still a Newbie.

As for what you can do to help, you just gotta be active really. As much as you want to be anyway. The PS4 community is pretty well setup, and of course the PC games are all managed, so you can just relax and enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the community!

Tell me everything about your writing! I'm a writer too but I have no writer friends. :( I'll even be a beta reader if you want!

Shadow Paladin likes this

Berserker: What is that thing under your name saying "560 excellent"?

ISNeko: My current novel is called the Red Horizon Project. It is a book about a species of humanoid beings that exist on the planet of Nernethus. Once upon a time there was a Great war between a tyrant government that ruled over the entire planet and most of space against a group of rebels that wanted to be free. In time, the tyrant government came across a new plasma they called "Stiv." After years of research, scientists discovered that injecting stiv into your bloodstream would make their predecessors be born with stiv in their blood. Stiv could be used for weapons on augmentations, called Stiv Manipulators, and can be used to create any chemical reaction imaginable. However, a side effect was that the Nernethian's life span would be shortened from an average 500 years to an average 60-80 years.

The Tyrant government used this new weapon to nearly win the war, but the rebels also got their hands on immense new weapons. They called them, "Nuclear Weapons of Mass Destruction." It's amazing power was unlike anything ever seen before.

in a fit of despair and fear of losing the war, the rebels used the nuclear weapon, however, they were unaware of it's radius taking up most of Nernethus.

Thanks to money, the rich among the tyrant government survived. 90% of nernethians were stiv-borns at this time.

After the release of the nernethians from their vaults, at varying times, civilization sprung up again, and soon everyone was stiv-born.

There was a minarcho capitalistic society, a tyrannical advanced technology civilization, and a warrior society civilization. None of these civilizations could even compare to the immense technologies of the Golden Civilizations of Old, before the great collapse due to the nuclear warhead.

The story follows Corvus Serpentis, who lives his life n the capitalistic society as a developer of consumer grade Stiv Manipulators. As life goes on, he grows into a dark depression as he realizes he is somehow outliving his wife, his son, and his son's children.

In a fit of rage he attempts to kill himself by removing all stiv augmentations, only to realize his body has fully evolved and adapted to them and he is now able to manipulate it without the use of augmentations.

Furthermore, Corvus has unlocked an ability of clairvoyance, able to see a short distance into the future uncontrollably. What he sees horrifies him.

He sees the tyrant advanced technology civilization launching a nuclear warhead under the code name "Red Horizon Project."

Corvus goes out on an immense journey to try and stop this cataclysmic event, and along the way he will discover what the effects of war have on these civilizations and it's people, dying out slowly while trying to prosper.

ISNeko likes this

It's important to note that the civilizations after the great collapse still had technology that we would consider amazing and golden age-like. They had large cities and amazing technologies, but none of it compared to that of the Tyrant government before

That sounds epic. I'd love to read it! How far along is it?

Shadow Paladin likes this

I've only just begun writing the first chapter and prologue. However, most of the lore and history is already written. I've already developed specific models of stiv manipulators, with their origins, and guns (that connect to the stiv manipulators and use stiv as the munition instead of bullets), along with their origin. Also, the entire history behind each specific civilization is done, and i'm currently working on all the character's backgrounds first and foremost.

Backgrounds and lore comes first, storytelling comes next. That being said, i'd love to have the book published one day, as it is actually inspired by a very, very good friend of mine, but if years and years go by and I am constantly rejected publication despite adjustments being made, i'll simply post it online for free so that all may enjoy.

ISNeko likes this

Ahhh I see you are also a metal fan! Any particular bands? and also welcome to the community!!

I've only just begun writing the first chapter and prologue. However, most of the lore and history is already written. I've already developed specific models of stiv manipulators, with their origins, and guns (that connect to the stiv manipulators and use stiv as the munition instead of bullets), along with their origin. Also, the entire history behind each specific civilization is done, and i'm currently working on all the character's backgrounds first and foremost.

Backgrounds and lore comes first, storytelling comes next. That being said, i'd love to have the book published one day, as it is actually inspired by a very, very good friend of mine, but if years and years go by and I am constantly rejected publication despite adjustments being made, i'll simply post it online for free so that all may enjoy.

Well I can't wait to read it when you've completed it. ^_^

Ahhh I see you are also a metal fan! Any particular bands? and also welcome to the community!!

Dethklok, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Equilibrium, Opeth, Children of Bodom a bit, Mors Principium Est, devildriver, SKELETONWITCH, Slayer, 3 inches of blood, Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved, Black Guard, Brendon Small, Iced Earth, In Flames, Manowar, Tyr, Emperor, Brocas Helm, Dragonforce, White and Rob Zombie.

Obviously the classics like Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Judas Priest, etc. etc.