• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Honsou_The_Warsmith

Founder's Store is open for Warhammer 40,000 Eternal Crusade

21 posts in this topic

I made a post yesterday a little prematurely saying the Founder's store was open. It turned out to be a fluke for me because no one else got to see inside but me.

Now however the store has officially opened and I've already bought a Heresy Pack. If you are planing on buying a Founders pack do your self a favor. Use this referral code I got from my Founders pack to get yourself 4,000 Rogue Trader Points for free.

Code for free swag: EC-ARTP5FLLC39WV

Hopefully this game is the 40K game we've all been waiting for!

Edited for spelling.

Mondez likes this

I know it was a typo but.... Rouge Trader sounds like a brothel.

Which in the 40K universe would be both hideous and awesome. Especially if dominated by the Tyranid Hive Madam

I'm going to assume that 3 more people from the AJSA used my Referral code because I'm now up to 4. Thanks whoever you are.

I should also mention that you don't have to buy anything from the store to earn those points. So it really benefits both parties when you use that code.

Those are steep prices for a game we've barely seem now aren't they?

Those are steep prices for a game we've barely seem now aren't they?

Anymore so than Star Citizen? The thing is the game is already fully funded. The money from the Founders pack is merely to let them do some things that the budget might not otherwise have let them put into the game. 

Could we get a link to the page?

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/game

I believe Chris Roberts has more weight to his name than those guys and we've seem a considerable amount of stuff from Star Citizen regarding it's systems and overall design ideas in the beginning. Since I've never played anything by them and they're not industry legends I'm pretty skeptical. Last beta I bought into was Infinite Crisis and there was a host of videos available when I did so.

I believe Chris Roberts has more weight to his name than those guys and we've seem a considerable amount of stuff from Star Citizen regarding it's systems and overall design ideas in the beginning. Since I've never played anything by them and they're not industry legends I'm pretty skeptical. Last beta I bought into was Infinite Crisis and there was a host of videos available when I did so.

He is also a notorious perfectionist. Nothing wrong with wanting to make something perfect but we could have had Arena Commander earlier if he'd given them the okay.

If you look around on Youtube you can find multiple videos of them explaining the game and it's system and game mechanics. The game is already fully funded so it's not like they desperately need the money from the Founders packs. They allow you to be among the first to see what they've been working on. Much the same as the packs for Star Citizen nowadays.

No I know it's not a Kickstarter, just weary of spending without seeing a solid build beforehand. Other than the occasional email from the dev teams and the aforementioned videos this game has laid quite low actually, which is probably a good thing not like we want another "OMG THEY LIED TO US!" case of hype and then even if the game is good it's for ever marked by the fact.

Really want to support this but I want to see some sort of build walkthrough instead of just snippets that barely show anything.

Gone too likes this

Heya, Ive been following this game for a while now, be it there email updates or the forums of various sites talking about small leaks and rumours, i do hope it ends up being the game its supposed to, but one reason some fans should hold off until after its released before spending time or money on it is that some of the head people hired for this game not only are not fans of the franchise (ever since i could paint i have been btw) some did not even know about warhammer before being hired they even say it in there bio emails they`ve sent, now im not one to say a fresh perspective isnt good once in a while, however, the godawful truth is people in positions of decision making power have no experience of any previous titles in the video games nor the tabletop universe and its many changes to races and rules over the years. Wish i was a silent minority thinking that this will end mediocre at best sadly a quick look through Tor and you`ll find im not :(.

The game looks promising on its own merit don't get me wrong, however we all know how games end when devs and publishers behind them are not 100% fans of what there making.

One final bad point i now fully hate in games, is F2P + subs + digital buying + pay shops and the inevitably unbalanced limited edition weapons. This game although looking nice and has some decent leadership is a complete pay to win mechanic now since they finalised the store which i hope honestly bites them in the ass quickly and they remove it to sub only or f2p + cosmetic shop of course some weapon skins may just be cosmetic but ffs paying for them when the community could mod them themselves these days?

Since theres a sub too its just a money grab and a FU to loyal fans of the franchise, the game will not have world class graphics so why would it want several streams of income to fund it other than as i said a big money grabbing FU. 

Also yea Ive had the discussion about small xp and promotion boosts are not pay to win, yes they are since f2p and subs are involved. So please folk don't forget that before considering backing the game. Remember what happened to TESO :(.  However if you do wanna back the game and get an early start do send an email to the company bosses asking in advance for a refund if the game takes a huge change to its direction or changes its dynamic vastly at some point considering there asking for money (lots of it to be fair) in advance for an unfinished game and see there response you may change your mind.

Apologies for peeing on anyone`s chips that may have a holey differing view than myne on this one.

Heya, Ive been following this game for a while now, be it there email updates or the forums of various sites talking about small leaks and rumours, i do hope it ends up being the game its supposed to, but one reason some fans should hold off until after its released before spending time or money on it is that some of the head people hired for this game not only are not fans of the franchise (ever since i could paint i have been btw) some did not even know about warhammer before being hired they even say it in there bio emails they`ve sent, now im not one to say a fresh perspective isnt good once in a while, however, the godawful truth is people in positions of decision making power have no experience of any previous titles in the video games nor the tabletop universe and its many changes to races and rules over the years. Wish i was a silent minority thinking that this will end mediocre at best sadly a quick look through Tor and you`ll find im not :(.

The game looks promising on its own merit don't get me wrong, however we all know how games end when devs and publishers behind them are not 100% fans of what there making.

One final bad point i now fully hate in games, is F2P + subs + digital buying + pay shops and the inevitably unbalanced limited edition weapons. This game although looking nice and has some decent leadership is a complete pay to win mechanic now since they finalised the store which i hope honestly bites them in the ass quickly and they remove it to sub only or f2p + cosmetic shop of course some weapon skins may just be cosmetic but ffs paying for them when the community could mod them themselves these days?

Since theres a sub too its just a money grab and a FU to loyal fans of the franchise, the game will not have world class graphics so why would it want several streams of income to fund it other than as i said a big money grabbing FU. 

Also yea Ive had the discussion about small xp and promotion boosts are not pay to win, yes they are since f2p and subs are involved. So please folk don't forget that before considering backing the game. Remember what happened to TESO :(.  However if you do wanna back the game and get an early start do send an email to the company bosses asking in advance for a refund if the game takes a huge change to its direction or changes its dynamic vastly at some point considering there asking for money (lots of it to be fair) in advance for an unfinished game and see there response you may change your mind.

Apologies for peeing on anyone`s chips that may have a holey differing view than myne on this one.

It's been a while since I've seen such vociferous and bucolic bile for something with Microtransactions. But from your first few sentences you show how little you really know about this game. Spend 30 mins to an hour on their forums and you may come back with a different point of view. They have been VERY transparent with how strict they are sticking to the lore.

Plus I've got a good example of a game that has you Pay for the game and then can opt to purchase things with microtransactions after having bought said game. Guild Wars 2. Nothing in the  Black Lion Trading Company section that sells things for gems(Real Money) is something that gives you an overwhelming advantage over other player characters. Most are just cosmetic skins for this or that. The same is with most of the stuff in the Rogue Trader Store.

So really I don't know where you're getting all this info from but please don't hop into a thread just to vent your own personal bile about Free to Plays and microtransactions.

Gone too likes this

o.O Not venting, more expressing a personal view/opinion, shame you dont seem to want me to. Although i grant you i do have a distaste for the model there using now be it this game or others similar.

* I fail to see how a lady in a position of power (not being gender specific here just helping narrow down the bosses without naming names) with no experience of the lore can truly grasp the fans expectations theres just no way, its like when the PE teacher has to teach in your German lessons, it just doesnt feel right or appropriate, being a fan myself i do get to have that opinion and im not the only one as i said tor/google for discontent on the current system of funding or read the forums as you say its there.

* i have actually spent many many weeks watching there forums and commenting in them, i was of a pro founder club view until i saw the prices and the minimal availability of some items that go side by side with the subs/f2p model - hence balancing being a huge issue which as an experienced gamer i get put off by. Did i argue it on the forums no, someone bet me to it and well you can read the forums yourself on that one assuming its still there, i just just stopped commenting after that.

* yeah i played LOTRO for ages which has seen many changes to its pricing ethics, i spent years loyal before the change and a year loyal after i still pop in but the ability to buy equivalent tech that should be hard to get is just beyond horrendous considering ive spent weeks+ sometimes going for 1 item in areas where as now you can buy or get in the lotteries well hobbit gifts rather. I never played GW or GW2 my partner did she loved it but since i have no experience in that ill have to doth my cap to your experience in that one. (See below for more but i mention LOTRO because there shop originally was cosmetic only with subs then added f2p and now it is pay to win (or pay to level depending on your view))

* Its true most of the items in the store are cosmetic, but the promotions aren't, and what game that makes a nice income from cosmetics never pushes into usable gear items for sale? i know very few who never fell foul of that. The simple fact one founder pack is hundreds of pounds for points titles and cosmetic stuff is an honest reason to feel disgusted by the money grabbing i don't know how anyone can defend that, sure some fans will back the game that way its there choice, but the fact its in the hundreds of pounds? bah, again i say sub + cash shop + founder income = money grabbing. Its not that i dislike anyone for backing a game that way just the game owners for going that route when ive been interested and burned by similar recent entries doing the same kind of mechanic.

*since you have been on the same site and forums i am you obviously know where im getting the information from, their site..

It's been a while since I've seen such vociferous and bucolic bile for something with Microtransactions.

Really? how rude, im offended. But since this is the internet i`ll let you off.

But from your first few sentences you show how little you really know about this game.

Like i said i`ve been watching and researching this game a while i do know just about everything most others patiently waiting for this game do so im not sure why you`d say i don`t considering you saw me say i did and you have no clue about what i know, again offended but im sure your more pleasant to strangers in real life :).

** Would be nice if you`d just said explain in more detail my views and points instead of the pushy insult. I`m always happy to go into ridiculous amounts of details and proof. Since this is a forum for discussing games id like to ask you not to bash anyone for "hop"ping (bunny joke? 7/10) into the thread, you did open it, i added my two pennies its what the forums are for, allowing discussions and views on the subject matter. like i said the game does look good, i just have little faith in one main employee`s history and hate the transaction/sub/founder/f2p model they have, my concerns were for anyone backing the game not playing it, ill still be doing that for sure, obviously now f2p unless i feel more comfortable going to sub at some point.

Alright, keep this discussion civil with valid points and no insults. If you guys are going to share your opinions, make sure you do it nicely. You don't have to get mad over another's opinion. If you think his opinion is bad and is driving you crazy, do not reply. Keep the thread civil and on target (on topic).

It goes for everyone.

Thank you!

Alright, keep this discussion civil with valid points and no insults. If you guys are going to share your opinions, make sure you do it nicely. You don't have to get mad over another's opinion. If you think his opinion is bad and is driving you crazy, do not reply. Keep the thread civil and on target (on topic).

It goes for everyone.

Thank you!

It wasn't his opinion on the game that rubbed me wrong it was the fact that he did it here instead of one of the other post about this game. My post was merely letting people know that the store was/is open. If his wish to discuss the game in a civilized manner we can. But this thread isn't the place for it.

True. Like I said, keep the discussion on topic and that's it. Ignore the previous posts guys and continue the discussion from the last post that was on topic. ;)

Isn't the topic the store and well it's merits and flaws by now? Either way I don't see any evidence at all of it being pay to win, they're selling store credits, skins, titles and some other stuff. The content of the in-game store is an enigma at this point, still far from convincing me to spend either way.

Isn't the topic the store and well it's merits and flaws by now? Either way I don't see any evidence at all of it being pay to win, they're selling store credits, skins, titles and some other stuff. The content of the in-game store is an enigma at this point, still far from convincing me to spend either way.

No my previous post was made to discuss the Founder's Store. THIS post was just to say that it had actually opened. The previous post was made earlier than the stores actual opening because the page for it had glitched for me and let me look around for a few minutes. After I refreshed the page it kicked me back to the "On June 25th" message.

But as far as they have said and continue to say the stuff in the Founder's store is various pre-order packs that come with the game plus points to buy cosmetic fluff for your character.

Yeah it's what I gathered from the store too, by the way do they have something close to an ETA for this game?

The game drops sometime late 2015. They hope to have Early Access sometime later/end of this year.

The game drops sometime late 2015. They hope to have Early Access sometime later/end of this year.

If they have sufficient information available about how the game is, it'll be the first every Early Access I do.