• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sir danny

Which Last gen console to buy?

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I don't really know much about console gaming to be honest (well I do own a wii, but it's purpose is to collect dust untill some friends come over) and looking at the fact that last gen consoles aren't THAT expensive I'm thinking of picking up one fror the exclusives, but which one? I'm thinking of the PS3 with it's Uncharted, TLOS and maybe heay rain. What do you lads think?

I would genuinely recommend the PS3 for exclusives.

the only things your missing out on Xbox 360 is Halo and Gears of War.

God of War 3 is also awesome (don't get ascension it is poop), Uncharted games are all awesome Last of us is Great, Heavy Rain is a Unique experience and you can also get your hands on Infamous 1 and 2 which are the tits.

Killzone 2 and 3 are "Okay" but have a bit of an identity crisis- they couldn't figure out if they wanted to be Halo or CoD 

Resistance series was a genuienly better series but hasn't held up too well apart from Resistane 3 which is awesome.

Then there's stuff like Journey and Flower amd Super stardust which are pretty cool. 

The Xbox 360 was frankly much better in terms of 3rd party titles - they just seemed to look and work much better on 360 than on PS3.

I am now genuinely trying to think of PS3 exclusives to recommend and all I can come up with are Halo, Gears of War and maybe Viva Pinata. Weird when you think I spent most of the last generation gaming on the 360.

Hmm... Thanks for the tip! And if I wee to buy a PS3, should I get a slim or the new Super slim? 

I would go with Xbox 360 for halo alone, that game is really fun.  I don't play it anymore because i find myself to into battlefield 4.

It's a matter of preference. My suggestion would perhaps be PS3 because for me personally, I enjoyed the exclusives more so then what Microsoft had to offer which is one of the factors I decide on which console to get as well as what real life friends have so I can enjoy multiplayer with them.

So PS3 would be my choice but ultimately up to you. If you get PS3 then I suggest getting Demon's Souls if you like challenging RPGs.

Oh and for either slim or super slim, I say go with slim. Maybe it's just me but I hate how the super slim looks and besides size I don't think there is any big difference between the two.

Totally a matter of preference. I think the 360 is the better deal since with Gild you get two free games a month. Those really make it worth owning one.

Totally a matter of preference. I think the 360 is the better deal since with Gild you get two free games a month. Those really make it worth owning one.

PS+ has the same thing, just saying so it's not just a 360 thing, both systems are pretty much equal when it comes with the free games.

And what about the HDD of the console? How much gigs does one need to install something like, let's say GTA V?

I prefer the 360 as a console, for the controller, and for the online service but at this point I would say to get a PS3 as it has much more and much higher quality exclusives.

PS+ has the same thing, just saying so it's not just a 360 thing, both systems are pretty much equal when it comes with the free games.

Absolutely not, PS+ has been giving out free games that are only months old, for the most part the 360 has been giving out games that sell for $1-2 or less online and that that have been as old as 2006 and 2007, they are just starting to get a little better with that. Not only that but PS+ often gives out more free games per month than Live does (even when ignoring the free PS4 and VIta games the PS3 tends to get 3-4 games a month compared to the 360s 2) and you can get access to some of the past free games on the PS+.

And what about the HDD of the console? How much gigs does one need to install something like, let's say GTA V?

I think it's usually about 7.5-15 depending on what it is. Don't know what GTA is specifically.