• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Last of Us Remastered   64 members have voted

1. 1. The Last of Us Remastered Buy or Pass?

• Buy
    • Pass
  2. 2. Before The Last of Us Remastered?

• PS3 owner, already played.
    • PS3 owner, skipped over this before.
    • Xbox 360 owner, missed out.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

TheLastofUs_zps6ed4d90d.png

The Last of Us winner of over 200 game of the year awards comes to the Playstation 4. Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature, population decimated by a plague. Survivors of the plague kill each other for food, weapons, or whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young girl who was raised in this world. Force to work together if they hope to survive in this world as they travel across the ruins of the United States.

The Last of Us Remastered

- Price: $49.99

- Release Date: July 29th, 2014

- Rated: M for Mature

- Genre: Action, Adventure

- Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and The Last of Us: Left Behind.

The Last of Us SPOILER Thread - You have been warned.

The Last of Us: Remastered Takes 50GB of Storage - Discuss about this there.

My Personal Opinion, I loved The Last of Us. I was a 360 owner at the time, borrowed a friends PS3 just to play this game. Sadly cause of my position I couldn't really get a chance to try out mutliplayer. I heard nothing but good things about the multiplayer too. So this repurchase for me yes is to enjoy that story once more, but really to finally experience the multiplayer I missed out on.

Another thing now the whole "Remastered" or "Definitive Edition" is a topic of its own. Mainly along with its pricing. For example Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, was a $59.99 USD purchase. You were to swallow the fact that it costing the same as it did a year ago was cause of the multiplayer add-ons no one liked. Even when it came out I told people to wait for some form of a price drop for the extra stuff they promised would fill that cash, was lackluster. When the only real add-on for your game that is better than all of them is the costumes you got a problem.

Now for The Last of Us Remastered not only will you get the two Multiplayer map packs, but the single player DLC Left Behind. Sure there are other little goodies but we want to know the meat. I feel better that Sony/NaughtyDog has stepped back from the price of $59.99 USD, and made it $49.99 USD.

So I ask you, will you get The Last of Us Remastered? Is the $10 USD discount a plus? Are you a second buyer, or did you miss out? I love yo hear everyone's excitement or takes on this.

A superb game, possibly the most enjoyable single player campaign I've ever played.

This game is probs' amazing, preordering it. It's really cheap for Day One Edition here.

I think I mentioned before that I don't mind double dipping for this game.  Before on PS3 I didn't play the multiplayer very much because I didn't really have any freinds on PSN, but now thanks largely to the Angry Army I got 170 so now I can get right into it!

I have been a Nintendo kid (grew up on the original Nintendo, Gameboy, and moved into the SNES, N64, and Gamecube).  Once the Wii came out and I saw how terribly behind the 8 ball it was, I moved to Xbox 360.  Since then I had been a huge supporter of the 360 and Microsoft Xbox...but then 2013 E3 happened and I was disgusted by how detached Microsoft had become from their fans.  So I got a great deal on the PS4 ($300) and decided to make the jump.  So there was a few PS3 exclusives I missed out on and Last of Us was one of those game so I am excited I waited since this new version has all the DLC and looks way better (graphically).  

Side note:  I am super new to PSN so I have one friend on it anyone who wants to add me please do, Quinnsdaddy11 

I have been a Nintendo kid (grew up on the original Nintendo, Gameboy, and moved into the SNES, N64, and Gamecube).  Once the Wii came out and I saw how terribly behind the 8 ball it was, I moved to Xbox 360.  Since then I had been a huge supporter of the 360 and Microsoft Xbox...but then 2013 E3 happened and I was disgusted by how detached Microsoft had become from their fans.  So I got a great deal on the PS4 ($300) and decided to make the jump.  So there was a few PS3 exclusives I missed out on and Last of Us was one of those game so I am excited I waited since this new version has all the DLC and looks way better (graphically).  

Side note:  I am super new to PSN so I have one friend on it anyone who wants to add me please do, Quinnsdaddy11 

I am glad guys who came over from Xbox to Playstation are giving this game a try. There really is a reason why this game has over 200 Game of the Year awards. I personally don't think anyone will be disappointed at all. Singleplayer is one of the best told, multiplayer is solid, and its $10 USD cheaper than other remastered versions we have seen. *COUGH* Tomb Raider *COUGH*.

I missed out on this one. Was going to buy it on PS3 and then got PS4 so didn't bother... glad it is getting remastered as I really regretted not buying it and no longer have a PS3

I missed out on this one. Was going to buy it on PS3 and then got PS4 so didn't bother... glad it is getting remastered as I really regretted not buying it and no longer have a PS3

I am glad Sony has noticed this simple fact that alot of Xbox 360 guys came over. And as a great move they are letting those who missed out to have a taste of one of Sony's best games from the PS3 era.

I would greatly appreciate if they could remaster little big planet 1 & 2 to tide me over until 3 comes out that would be awesome.  Probably won't happen but would be awesome none the less.

Ive been looking forward to this game for a long time. Tomb Raider was awesome on the PS4 and I have a feeling this will be even better.

Gonna buy it, again. Mostly because I loved TLOU and there is nothing else coming out in August.

This game is definitely great but I can't justify buying it again and beating the same thing on next gen. Great for those that missed out.

Gonna buy it, again. Mostly because I loved TLOU and there is nothing else coming out in August.

ALSO COMING OUT IN AUGUST 2014
Diablo 3
inFamous: First Light
Madden NFL 15
Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux
Minecraft
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

That seems like quite a bit to me 

I love the game on PS3 and it will be good for those who didn't experience it who have a PS4 now but I'm going to pass on getting it again. I just don't feel it is worth spending another 60 dollars after I spent 80 dollars for it all ready (got the survial edition I think it was called, came with the artbook, which definitely was worth the extra twenty dollars). So unless they have some form of upgrad package like they did with the few games that came out on PS3 and PS4, I'm just going to pass on it.

I just don't feel it is worth spending another 60 dollars after I spent 80 dollars for it all ready (got the survial edition I think it was called, came with the artbook, which definitely was worth the extra twenty dollars). So unless they have some form of upgrad package like they did with the few games that came out on PS3 and PS4, I'm just going to pass on it.

I know it's not much of a change but It is $50 USD for the game now. I know $10 USD off, such a discount. As for a upgrade package, I have seen no word on it, I would agree it would be nice but I don't know. I think it could work, they could go off the online pass of whoever activated it. But even then their will be problems. Everyone complain, we will have to see.

I love this game, I had it for PS3 and played the hell out of it. This 'Remastered Edition' is great news for me as I no longer have the game no more due to the disk getting scratched. I'll be sure to pick it up.

I never played this game since I'm a 360 owner but is it more survival horror or more like a fps horror? All I seen is just the death scenes by the creepy looking monster things lol.

I never played this game since I'm a 360 owner but is it more survival horror or more like a fps horror? All I seen is just the death scenes by the creepy looking monster things lol.

It is more survival horror in the same vain as the early Resident Evil games. Sure if you play on the easier modes you will get more ammo and scrap. But normal mode and up you are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to even live from an encounter.

When I first played TLOU, my PS3 disk drive crapped out and had to replace the system. I'd love to get this game if only for the DLC stuff and upgraded graphics. Speaking of that, if I thought this game couldn't look better...

@WITHASTICK Sounds nice guess ill have to play smart then. Would a melee be good then? Or is it futile to use in this game?

@WITHASTICK Sounds nice guess ill have to play smart then. Would a melee be good then? Or is it futile to use in this game?

The combat in the game is vary between enemies. For the human enemies, guns, melee weapons, hand combat, etc all work well on them. For the Clickers (the monsters) you don't want to get close at all, range weapons and melee weapons are options yes. Never do hand to hand combat with Clickers they always win. Best chance against Clickers are to stay silent have a bow and or shiv ready, and just sneak pass them as best as possible. They find you well, have fun.

The Clickers will straight rip your throat out if you don't have at least a shiv with you.  It's terrifying to be in the same room as them.

The Clickers will straight rip your throat out if you don't have at least a shiv with you.  It's terrifying to be in the same room as them.

Oh I agree, being in a room of Clickers or even hearing clicks in the distances sends you into a terrify mind set. They are not fun to handle, specially without a shiv.

I am a PC only gamer with consoles for exclusives only. I highly recommend this game. I have it for my PS3 and if I bought a PS4 this would be one of the titles I would pick up. I love the evolution of the characters in this game. This is a must buy for anyone who has a PS4 if you do not already own the PS3 version.